• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Heroin The use of other drugs to get off heroin

Ive thought this over, considering my own experiences. I don't wd from kratom when I smoke meth...at least till I come down from the meth. Now whether I could stay up on methamphetamine long enough to ride over the worst wd. A meth mind crash on a day 3 heroin wd sounds like a bad, bad bad, bad day. Talk about lethargy. And im not so sure that even though you've been up for four days, that you will be able to sleep. That just sounds fucking cruel to me. But it very well may work, if you can stop smoking meth lol. You might also end up in a worse spot than you already are.

I regularly used to take amphetamines to negate withdrawal symptoms in the early stages of my addiction. Unfortunately, it's not sustainable and eventually makes the situation worse rather than better...
I have done this too at the tail end when you feel like shit and have no motivation. During the shitting and puking phase, I have no experience AFAIK but can guess bad idea.
Maybe there is something to the crack theory. If someone has a habit, they dont really get physical withdrawal from the crack, but still prioritise precious cash for it and that means less H.

No offense taken at all i appreciate all your opinions truly but as of right now im using the stims to lower mi dose only not to fully quit..say cut my dose in half im hoping..i dont think i am completely ready to quit using all together yet..soon very soon but not yet...im just trying to get to a manageable dose and once i tackle that i will start the process of getting completly off nd yes i will use subs for sure bc i do think they are the best option....nd yes there is always going to be a possibility of relapse after getting clean ..addiction is a lifelong disease nd yes complete change in lifestyle is the only way to achieve that..i.e deleting all your dealers numbers in your phone ..change the people you hang around with..get some hobbies ..stuff like that.iv quit many times over the past 15 years with pretty good success but this past time i relapsed has been the worst 1-2 years with higher doses than ever before and iv never was on it every single day i would always do like 3-4 days on and the rest of the week off..but this time in my life is truly the only time i feel it has become outta control nd is not so easy to stop as it was before( the only thing i thank god is that im freaked out by needles so iv never gone that route ) so i count my blessings for that..but as an update the crack actually has helped over the past 2 weeks im almost down to half mi daily dose..i will keep evryone updated on progress as i go along..was snorting about 18-20 bags a day and im down now to about 10-11 a day( bags are usually suppose to be .1 so i guess 10 wud be a gram but i dunt believe they are .1 im thinking alot less...i know that is still quiteee alot but progress still..nd thnx again everyone!

Anyone doing this is at high risk for losing a dangerous amount of weight in a very short period of time. So make sure you force yourself to eat. Drinking protein shakes could help. Opiate withdrawal in itself places a lot of strain on your heart and the stimulants increase that. The crashes will be god awful if you do not eat anything all day and your body will heal much more slowly without sleeping/eating.

It's like the flu in a way though. If you don't sleep or eat it really does last much longer. Plus, with heavier withdrawal symptoms it's pretty hard to keep down any food as it is. As horrible as withdrawal is it really is mostly the first two weeks that are unbearable--for some much shorter and others longer depending on severity of using habits. If you're a really heavy abusers of opiates, you're going to need ALOT of crack lol. You're going to have to worry about depression though. The lack of dopamine from opiate cessation is already a problem and stimulants notoriously burn out your dopamine temporarily. I just don't want people to read this thread and then think that this is the best plan to withdraw by. Especially for a chronic relapser. At a certain point using drugs to negate the symptoms of other drugs will really catch up with you in time.

Last edited:
ketamine will definitely make stop using any other drug, you gotta go in a week or two binge of ketamine though.

Ah I could definitely see how it helps quite a bit to relax. It's pretty rare iirc around the area. I'm not sure what areas it's recreationally popular but ketamine is impossible to find around here lol.

It does have super promising results in treating depression so it could counteract someone's depression within withdrawal too. I hope ketamine becomes more of a viable wd tool/anti-depressant within the US soon. It really does work for depression surprisingly. And it's very understudied. Right now they're trying to find a way to make the effects extended for medical purposes.

Ah I could definitely see how it helps quite a bit to relax. It's pretty rare iirc around the area. I'm not sure what areas it's recreationally popular but ketamine is impossible to find around here lol.

It does have super promising results in treating depression so it could counteract someone's depression within withdrawal too. I hope ketamine becomes more of a viable wd tool/anti-depressant within the US soon. It really does work for depression surprisingly. And it's very understudied. Right now they're trying to find a way to make the effects extended for medical purposes.

I Actually live in the next town over from a group doing one of the pioneering test trials of a ketamine nasal spray for depression. Its super low dose im sure, but I am liteally drooling with jealousy lol.

Anyone doing this is at high risk for losing a dangerous amount of weight in a very short period of time. So make sure you force yourself to eat. Drinking protein shakes could help. Opiate withdrawal in itself places a lot of strain on your heart and the stimulants increase that. The crashes will be god awful if you do not eat anything all day and your body will heal much more slowly without sleeping/eating.

It's like the flu in a way though. If you don't sleep or eat it really does last much longer. Plus, with heavier withdrawal symptoms it's pretty hard to keep down any food as it is. As horrible as withdrawal is it really is mostly the first two weeks that are unbearable--for some much shorter and others longer depending on severity of using habits. If you're a really heavy abusers of opiates, you're going to need ALOT of crack lol. You're going to have to worry about depression though. The lack of dopamine from opiate cessation is already a problem and stimulants notoriously burn out your dopamine temporarily. I just don't want people to read this thread and then think that this is the best plan to withdraw by. Especially for a chronic relapser. At a certain point using drugs to negate the symptoms of other drugs will really catch up with you in time.
You nailed it bro, couldn't have explained it better. 👌

Yes im sorry you are right i do not want anyone to take what im saying and try it themselves because everyones body is different... the posts are more me looking for anyone else currently doing the same thing or have done the same and let me just clear up something i am not using a heavy amount of crack only about twice a week and nomore than half a gram at a time on the days im going down say 2 bags less than the day before and than the rest of the week i let my body level out to that dose and continue the next week same thing..and yes absolutely you need your nutrition.i use to be manager of vitamin stores so i haves tonss of shakes and nutrient based drinks at all times.i think the best drink by far is mixing amino acids(bcaa's) with some water and drink that throughout the day (it fills you up a little when your feeling hungry and cant eat and puts crucial nutrients into your body while your are withdrawing..that stuff is a lifesaver i wudnt be able to does this without it

But the most important are the protein shakes if you cant hold anything down..the bcaa's are something to sip on throughout the day

When I was tweaking last year the boost meal replacement shakes that old people drink were a life saver. Drink it with water though it can be rather thick with dry mouth from meth use, but much easier to get down than some crunchy spicy doritos haha

If I were to do any stims while withdrawing from opiates then I would guarantee be using my drug of choice when the stims wear off. For perspective I've had addiction problems for 10+ years, been on MMT for 18 months after a 3 year H habit (daily use, never IV) For example my mistake would be to smoke crack to help me through a difficult night but as soon as that would start wearing off my willpower to not use gear would be obliterated, so I would then go and waste £30 chasing a buzz that'll never come because of the amount of done in my system. From my experience it's a terrible idea and wishful at best that it will help however it's a mistake I made more than once before deciding not to waste any more money and that it isn't worth messing with my tolerance further as I would only end up using more than I would without the influence of the uppers. Stay safe, god bless.

I haven't read the responses, but I'd say listen to your gut feeling. Seriously, read your entry and think to yourself if that is Really a smart decision.... I can personally say though that I took Kratom to get off of heroin. It really helped and it's none addictive. You just really have to want to stop.
I dont recommend trying any method until you've truly decided you're done with it and have done your own research on different methods of kicking it.
Hope I could help. Sorry if I'm off topic or anything. Xo

Try getting yourself some red vein kratom and start off with small doses till you feel comfortable also I would buy a box of imodian the stuff that helps when gotta shit lol but do some research on here about imodian others will tell you also.. but the number one thing.. Gotta Wanna QUIT! Heard about this shot called virtrol or something it helps with the cravings of opiates but have to be at least 7days clean. Hope all works! Jus think it's only temporary and it does subside as week goes on! Good luck

The cure to opiod addicfiin is more opiods. J honestly think low dose subs or meth be better as the paws is the worst.
Im so glad im on meth i had cur down to fifty mg oxy a day snd felt awfuk.and consfsnt cravings for a snowball since beong on.meth not been tempted

The cure to opiod addicfiin is more opiods. J honestly think low dose subs or meth be better as the paws is the worst.
Im so glad im on meth i had cur down to fifty mg oxy a day snd felt awfuk.and consfsnt cravings for a snowball since beong on.meth not been tempted
the cure to opioid addiction is wanting to quit on the first place. I've gone through several detoxes, always ended back up on them. I swear on gabapentin+loperamide+clonidine+clonazepamor diazepam to get clean though.

Hydroxyzine baclodwn pregab or gabape ntin ropinirole could help wit h rl s tramadol codeine dhc cwe . Id take weak opiares for first th ree days then try ger hig h dose benzos and knock self out. Cbd oi l in doses sbove 20mg helps loads

Probably beating dead horse, but a stimulant comedown during opiate withdrawal can be particularly miserable. Even if the initial effects can help.

If you really had enough crack maybe you could just smoke it on the couch till you're no longer sick. Surprised they haven't applied that medically yet.

Nah, CBD, kratom, buprenorphine, black seed, turmeric, many other herbs and things are the way to go.