• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Benzos The timeline of anxiolytic effects after diazepam dose

LucidSDreamr

Bluelighter
First let me separate the two different effects I'll speak on

1) the drowsiness effect
2) actual anxiolytic effect

The way I describe the anxiolytic effect is a relief of a caffieneted overly stimmed feeling that I experience during PAWS from opioids.

The drowsiness effect is self explanatory and can exist without the anxilytic effect.

I notice when I dose diazpema I quickly get the drowsiness but the anxiolytic effect is not experienced until the next day (12 hrs later).

I know that diazpeam has a long halflife and an active metabolite too. Maybe the active metabolite is what give me better anxiolytic effect and I have to wait overnight for enough of it to build up? Also I may be mildy dependent on benzos but I can go weeks without and function but I get that stimmed opioid PAWS feeling back....so I'm not sure if that indicates a benzo mild dependency or if it's just my opioid PAWS.

Anyone else experience this effect profile with valium?

Like and hr-hr and half to 2 hrs. Depending if I have an empty stomach or not.
The drowsiness/muscle relaxation kicks in real fast. Like 20-30 min

Like and hr-hr and half to 2 hrs. Depending if I have an empty stomach or not.
The drowsiness/muscle relaxation kicks in real fast. Like 20-30 min
Yes same for regarding drowsiness and muscle relaxation and pain relief...it's fast.

However this stimmed out withdrawl like feeling....I don't feel anxyolisis happen until like 8 to 12 hrs later....I've noticed I feel better the 2nd day....not the same day I dose

Yes same for regarding drowsiness and muscle relaxation and pain relief...it's fast.

However this stimmed out withdrawl like feeling....I don't feel anxyolisis happen until like 8 to 12 hrs later....I've noticed I feel better the 2nd day....not the same day I dose
Mhmmm, idk brnzos are so freely dispensed here otc that I take em everyday. I don't go overboard stupid like taking 10+mg clonaz everyday but I take 4mg clonaz daily or when I'm doing diazepsm 30-40mg during the day. Up until a few months ago I was using 40mg daily 20mg morning 20mg after lunch and 2mg clonazepam to sleep. Now I'm just taking 2-4mg clonaz during the day and 2mg clonazepam to sleep.
Clonazepam works the best for me, kicks in fast, has a minty taste, it's strong and it doesn't have that hangover effect that diazepam has when u wake up the next day.

30-45min I feel great muscle relaxation & potent anxiolytic effects…even a single Diazepam 10mg tablet

…..sometimes I take 2 with a little Methadone / Indica / Gabapentin 300mg

Or my fav….

Diazepam 10mg
Alprazolam 1mg
Clonazepam 0.5mg
Gabapentin 300mg
Cannabis Indica 10mg
Methadone 80mg
Methylphenidate (Ritalin) 30mg IR
Jin 3oz cocktail

(Extremely tolerant & stable patient btw)

….VERY dangerous for a non-tolerant individual