• TDS Moderators: AlphaMethylPhenyl | Eligiu | deficiT

Positive The Tapering Support Thread v 2.0

Yeah, it sometimes sucks. I really can't imagine being put in the psych ward, while going through withdrawals. I had alcohol withdrawals so many times and being forced into a psych ward, would be a nightmare, especially when sick.
Yes... it does suck. I've been in the Psych ward over 50 times or maby more in my life. Sometimes going through withdrawals. There basic job is to stabilize you. And most of the time it helps. Especially when you get out of there and feel great, but you do wined up on a bunch of drugs they give you on your way out of there.

I take it that they are psych Meds, like Zeprexa, risperdal, Seroqual ect... or do they give you anything good?

I take it that they are psych Meds, like Zeprexa, risperdal, Seroqual ect... or do they give you anything good?
They provide mood stability and can stop psychosis/delusional thinking/paranoia. A lot of illegal drugs fuck up your mind. Probably most.

As a previously long-term periodic abuser of anabolic steroids, benzos, and occasional user of every recreational drug imaginable... Seroquel helps a lot though it's the only antipsychotic I've used. I hate it though, and I've long hoped to get off it and replace it with something else.

They gave me 2 x 5mgs of Diazepam in the evenings, but that was because I came off benzos (and heroin) CT which is what landed me in there. I had stopped about 10 days prior but collapsed into a seizure one afternoon in my porch and hit my head. I was incredibly weak, dehydrated and sleep-deprived when I was brought into A&E after the seizure and it wasn't long afterward that I began hallucinating and became delusional so I was admitted to the psych ward until they could work out what was wrong with me. I was so spaced out from the toll the cold turkey had taken on my mind and body that I couldn't communicate properly for a couple of days and when I eventually could I told the psychiatrist that I had recently stopped both the Heroin and the Benzos cold turkey. They eventually put me on 10mgs of Diazepam in the evenings to keep me calm. They kept advising me to go on Methadone which I really didn't want to do as I was sick of being dependent but I eventually promised my father I would go on it but no more than 20mls and that I'd stay on the 20mls for a few weeks but then I'd be weaning down which I managed to do within a 3-month timespan.

TL;DR: I went in clean and sober and left with a prescription for Diazepam and Methadone.

Damn you went in clean and sober now your opi and benzo dependent. Gotta agree with Jnowhere here; that was bad business. At

long lasting benzo and long lasting opioid with a buzz. (full agonist) I guess if it is for rehab they will try not to let you get a buzz. And if you choose to up your #'s that buzz is gunna go away real quick.

So don't totally agree or disagree. Bupe n Clonazepam. Methadone and Valium. I think hes got the better deal than me and I will not complain. (or get a buzz as ya know partial agonist and shot benzo tolerance).

Give a normal human a half a 10 mg methadone and 5 mg of valium they are gunna have a good time. I guess that is my take away. Probably 5mg of methadone even.

On the note of seroquil, they suggested I try it once in place of high dose citalopram; I felt there was alot of middle ground but my reaction was "not a chance that is a sister drug of thorazine; no antipsychs ever!" She was a little taken back by the fervor of my response but understood.

Done with my taper but willing to offer my opinions on anything. Once dependent on benzos and opioids at high doses. No longer. Approaching three years for the former, and nearly a year for the latter! Shit can still be hard. I just power through and know that it gets easier with time and healthy uses of my energy. Just one more adversary to conquer!
On the note of seroquil, they suggested I try it once in place of high dose citalopram; I felt there was alot of middle ground but my reaction was "not a chance that is a sister drug of thorazine; no antipsychs ever!" She was a little taken back by the fervor of my response but understood.
I feel you, but I will say that I've seen antipsychotics completely transform lives and make them much better. Takes a while of being on them for them to fully work. Like several months at least. Not to derail.

^Sorry if I sidetracked. I only have generalized anxiety and insomnia. Which I didn't have untill they crashed my pad full swat to get that sweet attempted codeine charge. (I know im a big fish lmao). After that I couldn't sleep and had a healthy amount of anxiety and depression honestly. If the world doesn't depress you a bit I question intelligence/naivety. Well really I always had sleep problems. Brain won't shut up ever lol.

As far as the ward goes I have never been but know people that have. Sounds like a fresh hell; they can keep there pentobarbital. I would rather stick it out at home 100 times out of 100. My tool kit always beats the tools they are willing to implement and I am not special in that regard.

Done with my taper but willing to offer my opinions on anything. Once dependent on benzos and opioids at high doses. No longer. Approaching three years for the former, and nearly a year for the latter! Shit can still be hard. I just power through and know that it gets easier with time and healthy uses of my energy. Just one more adversary to conquer!

I feel you, but I will say that I've seen antipsychotics completely transform lives and make them much better. Takes a while of being on them for them to fully work. Like several months at least. Not to derail.
I agree on the antipsychotics I’ve been off opioids for about 8ish years but been on different prescription psych meds. The key is finding one that doesn’t make you feel like a zombie (seroquel for me) or too activating (Latuda). Abilify is in my cocktail I’ve been stable since I started it.