• TDS Moderators: AlphaMethylPhenyl | Eligiu | deficiT

TDS The Suicide Support Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
True, they simply are necessary at this moment. But mostly it's necessary for me to go outside and do stuff, not bury myself in my apartment even though I might feel like it. It is so fucking obvious when I think about it, doing it on the other hand...

Yea, the anti-depressants can take some time.

I think that, for me, the most important thing is forcing myself into those situations where I'm interacting with others, getting out of the house. There was a time where I didn't leave my apartment, other than for work or groceries. It helps when the snow is burying you 3 - 4 feet deep on a daily basis though...

We usually know what we need to do to fix the issue, getting there on the other hand.. not so easy, as you say. What kind of antidepressant were you put on?

I personally wasn't, but I've been around them and seem them utilized.

I have dealt with depression, most of which stemmed from circumstances (poor grades, finances, court, addiction, withdrawal) I found myself in and it was mostly a matter of dealing with those circumstances to get through it. Not usually the crippling, can't get out of bed, eat food, type that can be quite painful to deal with by sufferers and loved ones alike.

I wish anyone that does have to live with or deal with such depression the best of luck.

I've suffered from chronic depression for years, the thing that helps me deal with it the most is helping other people, and just forcing myself to be around happy people, but my mood is affected heavily by the emotions of those around me.

Glad to see you over here lately jah.

rebelmania, I am taking mirtazapine. And yeah it does feel like the necessary steps out of this are pretty clear, I just have trouble putting them into action.

Ah, I've tried that one too. Now on bupropion and clomipramine, I've found the bupropion better than most at affecting activity level, similar to cathinones as it is. Not that you asked, me just babbling on. I hope the mirtazapine works for you, be ready for the hunger mode!

Yes they told me the mirtazapine will be a little sedating and not much help in becoming more active, but stuff that gives you a lot of energy is obviously not recommended for people who feel suicidal. Not much hunger yet, but I am not yet on the full dose either. After 3-4 days I'm supposed to go from 15 to 30mg every night.

Yeah hopefully it can also help you sleep well. I remember having it for the night too. How are you feeling today? Have the suicidal thoughts calmed down any?

I don't have suicidal thoughts, but I also feel like I have even less energy to do stuff. I've just been lying on my couch all day. :|

^ Depression will do that. I have been low-level depressed for almost 7 years now since my son died. I cannot believe how depression affects motivation for anything. I just tell myself that adding shame to the already toxic state of mind is not going to help. If I need to sit and do nothing, so be it. Sometimes, forcing myself outside helps but when things are really bad I can't even do that. I guess the best thing to remember is the small steps strategy. Get yourself to do one small thing--whether it is paying bills or cooking something healthy or just answering an email or, better yet, a walk around the block--it can chip away at the feeling that you are powerless in relation to your depression/lack of motivation.We are not powerless but, man, depression is one formidable foe.

I have just found out that best mate who have known since 2014 has sadly passed away due to cancer and I am completely shocked to make matters worse there is a huge possibility that i have Fibromyalgia as I saw my physiotherapist and she was concerned that i have condition and the impact it will have on my mental health and I am currently off sick as I have recently lost my job at my company as it was the end of the contract. So things are getting really awfully horrible for me. I am also struggling with keeping up with my studies with my OU course and I can't simply do this anymore. I can't simply face this daily life knowing that I am never gonna see my friend, it's going to be ages before I am well enough to look for work and the chronic pain condition. I am literally running out of options with my life at the moment as nothing seems satisfy for ten seconds and I am a little lost with my life. I have literally tried to enjoy some sort of daily life with some netflix and a bit weed to help me through the day. i want to end this life.

It's not that i cannot be bothered anymore that doesn't really apply to me and doesn't apply to anyone with mental or physical illness, but things in my life have taken a downhill turn and i have literally run out of energy to cope with daily life. I don't feel sluggish lethargic at all whatsoever and its not im sitting there wallowing to jeremy kyle nonsense on telly or some daytime rubbish show. Wallowing and self-pity should nothing to do with mental/emotional or physical illness. and neither am i sitting there yay i don't have to get up and work, i can just lay on the sofa like a couch potato and sleep and feel sorry for myself for my problems. There's a big difference! If I thought for one moment that " i simply couldn't be bothered, I wouldn't of gone to the doctor years ago and got some anti-depressants or spoke to a psychiatrists and kept all my appointments with her/him.

Should I leave A suicide note

I can't take it anymore. I've tried everything other than suicide.should I leave a suicide note? I've tried writing one but it only shows my hatred and depression towards them and it blames them. Isn't the whole point of a note to make someone feel like it's not their fault? But it was, part of it. I not only blame them but I simply don't belong in this world and I don't know how to put it nicely. please don't close the thread I need an answer

Can you message me please? I'm not going to try to talk you out of it I just want to talk to you

Don't try suicide. There are people you can talk with confidentially 24 hours a day. Call the Life Line and you can speak with someone now-

1-800-273-TALK (8255)

They have a website where you can click a button for live chat as well: www.suicidepreventionlifeline.org

You should go to the hospital and tell them you are having these thoughts and need help to assess your life situation and overcome these ideas you are having....

As someone who has repeatedly tried killing themselves truest he you will likely not succeed and just cause yourself more suffering in the end. I myself have back problems that are worse than what led to my depression from when I was hit by a car going 30-40 mph in a suicide attempt.... I didn't even come close, it hurt like hell, and I wouldn't wish that situation on anyone.

You need to talk to someone. If you can't do it in the own you will be about to in the hospital. They may want you to try medication there, which may be very helpful, but if not it will help them figure out what you truly need and if you have bad reactions they would have the medical facilities to make sure you are ok until they wear off. I know it sounds intimidating, but trust me it's less intimidating then a suicide attempt failed or successful.

Try posting in the dark side section on this forum where there are a lot more supportive people more recently versed in talking to someone with the stress you have. Also talk to people here too... Ovo can be a bit cynical and critical, but he is a caring person and will definitely listen to you and respond with a thoughtful response

I think you should write out your note, OP. Explain exactly what you're feeling, and why you think you feel that way. Do not make it nice. Make a separate one dedicated to each family member or coworker or ex who's pissed you off or hurt you. There's no need for passive-aggressive subtlety with a note like this, be as blunt as you want to be. Use lots of exclamation points and underscores, free and excessive use of red sharpie. Decorate the margins with skulls.

The fact is sometimes it really is another person's total fault. You may have been taught to examine your own role when something goes wrong, and that blaming others is always wrong. Well, it doesn't usually solve anything, but sometimes it really is that fucker's fault. So don't feel guilty about blaming them.

So then when you're done, re-read it, and then write another note that is even more blunt and explicit. Do it a few times. Besides the obvious venting, you might get some new insight and perspective, and remove some of those guilty barriers to telling people to fuck off.

--------------------

Do we (bluelight) have an unofficial IRC channel? Is that always manned?

I'm just wondering if it's an option for OP.

Scroff you forgot to mention to not kill oneself after writing the notes and if that doesn't deal with the suicidal intent (not just ideation) then go to the hospital and show the notes to the staff to get into an emergency psych ward. It might sound scary, but it can be really helpful.

I can't take it anymore. I've tried everything other than suicide.should I leave a suicide note? I've tried writing one but it only shows my hatred and depression towards them and it blames them. Isn't the whole point of a note to make someone feel like it's not their fault? But it was, part of it. I not only blame them but I simply don't belong in this world and I don't know how to put it nicely. please don't close the thread I need an answer

Sorry, I moved this to a more appropriate forum, The Dark Side. Apologies for not mentioned thing when I merged it here earlier.

Status
Not open for further replies.