The Suicide Support Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks Herbavore I tried it before I was officially diagnosed and also a TENS machine neither gave much relief. Sorry to hear you have suffered with nerve pain too I hope you are feeling better. I am on Carbamazepine Sertraline and Amitriptyline which gives me a bad brain fog but does reduce the pain a bit. I have depression and anxiety so some days its all "I am calm and lovely just let me sleep and I will be fine" Other days I am pretty much "I am a rubbish person and I totally deserve all the crap I get." The mental health problems often give me more trouble than the physical ones :\ . I really feel for all of the people posting on this thread because it has been me in the past and it could be me any time in the future. Squashy hugs for you

You are not alone and no you are not the only one who thinks like that. I can't claim to have a solution but I know what its like to wake up every morning thinking today its over. We all have different problems some can tolerate more pain than others. We have our own in our own pit of personal hell is what I want to say. It sounds really cheesy but we need to stand on each others shoulders till we get to the edge of the pit. The ones that can climb out have to pull the ones at the bottom of the pit out. We owe it them. They helped us out. Trying hard for Blahman Capt H and Dizzy to find something positive to say that will help but its really hard when you don't know people. Please just try to hang in there. I have a condition called Trigeminal Neuralgia which was known as the Suicide Disease cos its so painful. I feel like I am in a terrible dark place often. Its people who come here and leave comments bring a little light for people like me. Hugs for anyone who reads this and is suffering
<3 squashy

Thank you for the kind words

Hey Capt H you are very welcome. I have seen your posts all over this site and I know you try to help others also. Hope your day was good much love to you x

Last edited:
Just got home after working a twelve hour shift. This weekend has really tried me. Recently , I replaced all the water piping in my house but the one that leads to my shower frooze up and busted so I had to cut my water off at the meter. I am so depressed about it. I feel like I just can't get a break. I am dreading crawling under my trailer to fix it, yet again. I have chronic back pain and need partial knee replacement so doing the work is going to be excruciating. I have no one to help me. Sigh. I hope everyone on here is having a better weekend than me.

It's a shame about the piping, good luck with it

Everything feels fucked. I don't know what I'm doing here.

Ty. About to head to lowe's. Hopefully, I can get it straight today. I know that feeling. I think this thread helps because it shows us that we are not alone in feeling Fucked. I hope things brighten for you.

You are not alone and no you are not the only one who thinks like that. I can't claim to have a solution but I know what its like to wake up every morning thinking today its over. We all have different problems some can tolerate more pain than others. We have our own in our own pit of personal hell is what I want to say. It sounds really cheesy but we need to stand on each others shoulders till we get to the edge of the pit. The ones that can climb out have to pull the ones at the bottom of the pit out. We owe it them. They helped us out. Trying hard for Blahman Capt H and Dizzy to find something positive to say that will help but its really hard when you don't know people. Please just try to hang in there. I have a condition called Trigeminal Neuralgia which was known as the Suicide Disease cos its so painful. I feel like I am in a terrible dark place often. Its people who come here and leave comments bring a little light for people like me. Hugs for anyone who reads this and is suffering
Thank you for caring. That in itself is a blessing. Lately, the posts on here have greatly helped me if only because they remind me that I am not alone in suffering. My heart truely goes out to you. I hope that today brings you peace and light.

Just got home after working a twelve hour shift. This weekend has really tried me. Recently , I replaced all the water piping in my house but the one that leads to my shower frooze up and busted so I had to cut my water off at the meter. I am so depressed about it. I feel like I just can't get a break. I am dreading crawling under my trailer to fix it, yet again. I have chronic back pain and need partial knee replacement so doing the work is going to be excruciating. I have no one to help me. Sigh. I hope everyone on here is having a better weekend than me.

It sounds like you have a had a tough time while also suffering severe physical pain. You did a twelve hour shift thats amazing in itself and still you still found the time to come here and leave an encouraging comment for me too. You sound like an amazing person and you so deserve a break. You are definitely not alone when you are here. Squashy hugs for you

Last edited:
^Hang in there man. I am very sorry to hear that. I don't know you but I can very much sympathize with you to some degree. There is nothing one can say or do to help, but you are not alone brother. Please try to be easy on yourself through these hectic times.

I called a suicide hotline early Friday morning, probably around 3:30-4:00 AM. As soon as I finished the call, five cops were at my door. My mother answered, and they rather barged in demanding that I come with them. I spent the weekend in the hospital, convincing them it was a misunderstanding.

There was detox involved, and they kept me in a room stripped of anything that could possibly be used as self-harm/suicide. There was somebody in the room watching me at all times. Many of them, though, I had wonderful conversations with. The tedium was horrible (lying in bed all day long, not being able to go to the bathroom alone, no meals that require utensils, no phone, all the rest), It was a negative experience that I managed to make my way out of Monday, with a legit discharge. I left in decent spirits, although I picked up some alcohol on the way back. I arrived home, and as soon as I did, my father requested a talk. His main insistence was that it was my fault for being at the hospital. There are more details but really, I don't think it was my fault for being so depressed in the first place.

My better spirits faded having spoken to them. Hours later I stabbed myself towards the heart. I missed my heart. I bled and bandaged up.

Counselor appointment tomorrow.

Oh my god this is such a horrible thing to have happened. Please don't harm yourself anymore.That goes without saying right? So saddened for you having been almost seized in your own home. That was heavy handed to send so many and not sit with you and spend time persuading you it might be for the best to go with them. I swore at the police who turned up to take me and refused to open the door at first. They kept me talking and half an hour later still swearing I let them in. Almost as soon as I arrived in hospital I gave up aggression and slipped into numbness. Yes the process is long and boring and a pain in the arse not having privacy and being denied freedom. I hope that you found some good came from the people you talked with at least. It took me three weeks to get out and I feel lucky there was nobody to lecture me like your dad did. I am sure it is not your fault for being so depressed (it seldom is down to the sufferer entirely anyway) I hope your appointment goes well

It sounds like you have a had a tough time while also suffering severe physical pain. You did a twelve hour shift thats amazing in itself and still you still found the time to come here and leave an encouraging comment for me too. You sound like an amazing person and you so deserve a break. You are definitely not alone when you are here. Squashy hugs for you
I appreciate yout

It sounds like you have a had a tough time while also suffering severe physical opain. You did a twelve hour shift thats amazing in itself and still you still found the time to come here and leave an encouraging comment for me too. You sound like an amazing person and you so. I deserve a break. You are definitely not alone when you are here. Squashy hugs for you
. Sorry for the slow response. I ended up in Er early Monday morning. I have hyperthyroidism and had what is referred to as a thyroid storm. Thought I had cotton fever and wasn't going to go at first. However, my fever skyrocketed, I started having seizure shakes, and heart racing n palpitations. I really thought I was done for. I was home alone as usual so I called for help. Glad I did cause I might not be here to post had I not. Anyway, thank you for your kind response. It really lifted me up. Squashy hugs back at you.

I don't want to post about it. I just feel devastated. ] I am sure I am not alone in saying I am glad you are still here. I see your posts all over this site and you always seem to be trying to help or lift up someone. Your creative writing is excellent. Before I fell off the wagon and dropped on this dark path, I owned a publishing company and we produced a literary magazine. Keep your head up, you have a wonderful future as a writer. And the world needs your art. As do those of us here. Big hug.

Status
Not open for further replies.