• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

The Suboxone Dosing Guide

MBoxer511

Greenlighter
The Suboxone Dosing Guide

I've read a lot of posts of people getting Suboxone off the street and asking how much to take and how to taper off it in order to detox at home. I'm currently on Suboxone (via a doctor) and wanted to share this Suboxone Dosing Guide I found. It's a guide (made by Suboxone) for doctors and in/outpatient rehabs for how to administer Suboxone. It explains how much to start with based on whether you are coming off of a short-term opiate (i.e. heroin, pain pills) or long-term opiate (i.e. methadone). Among other things it describes how long you should wait after your last opiate dose before starting. It also explains what type and dose of sleeping aids can be administered with Suboxone safely. There are also charts of how many milligrams of Suboxone to start with and how to taper off Suboxone based on various time frames (i.e. 3, 7, 10, 28 etc day detoxes) dependent on whether it is for short or long-term opiate abuse detoxification.

Hopefully this will clear up some confusion.

You can view The Suboxone Dosing Guide here:

http://www.naabt.org/documents/Suboxone_Dosing_guide.pdf

Also for help with understanding if you are at the right point of withdrawals before taking Suboxone (so you don't fall into the dreaded precipitated withdrawal) I included a link for the COWS (Clinical Opiate Withdrawal Scale). You should score at least 5-6 on the scale before taking Suboxone.

You can view the Clinical Opiate Withdrawal Scale here:

http://www.naabt.org/documents/cows_induction_flow_sheet.pdf

*I'm not a doctor. You should always consult with a medical professional before taking any prescribed drug. This is for educational purposes only. Please be safe.*