• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Phenethylamines The Small & Handy DOiP Thread

^Great thanks for the great report.

Did you ever try DOF? I didn't even see a DOF thread in the forum index.

I have done 2 trials so far, at 1mg and 2mg, both with no effects. Gonna do 4mg sometime. I sort of got disillusioned when I found some research literature that stated some subjects had a non-psychedelic stimulant effect at 20mg, or it might have been 40. So I'm not too hopeful but I'll still work up at some point until there is an effect. I'm way more interested in doing a full dose of DOPr.

Sounds awesome. I've been intrigued with the DOx for a while, sadly most are scheduled where I live. DOPr is one that I was looking forward too, but missed the chance to get it when it was briefly available.

What you described about music appreciation on your TR sounds incredible. I had a similar experience listening to music on 3C-P. Most intense euphoria I've ever had from listening to music.

Yeah it was far from the best music enhancement I've ever had, but it was pretty glorious. DOiP hasn't felt too social for me either time I've done it, it may be better for solo trips. I know with DOC I always feel social, I specifically want to be with people and converse.

I finally finished my report on it, sorry it took so long. I had a great time but it was rough, rougher than DOC is for me physically but almost as much fun, which makes it a great compound in my eyes :)
Good starting dosage if you ask me. Véry stimulating and euphoric, clearheaded but kinda cold and heavy mentally too, but it's a headspace you know, you can make work a lot with what you've got.

Thanks so much for getting this written, Buzz. :) I would caution that one might want to start lower just in case they're sensitive. 12mg for me was quite confronting and strong, I spent half the trip feeling uncomfortable. I will try it again because many parts of it were really great. I may even go for 20mg (but probably 16mg first).

About to read the report. :)

I got my lab results back for my DOiP, and it's confirmed, unadulterated DOiP. :) That is particularly good for me to know because I had some doubts, considering Shulgin reports taking up to 40mg of it with absolutely no effect, yet myself and others I've let sample it are reporting pretty strong effects at much lower doses than 40mg. I think, as seems to be the case often with isopropyl groups, the effect it has on a drug makes it wildly variable between individuals.

https://www.bluelight.org/xf/thread...e-warnings-from-my-body.898049/#post-15094858

Wrote a report on this one!
To just copy the conclusion as an excerpt:
"Perhaps for someone else this would be an interesting drug, but listening to my body has made it clear that I should not push this any further. This drug primarily manifested as bodyload, just an intense twisting piercing nausea, urinary retention, bruxism, tremors, and general discomfort and malaise. The headspace was just on threshold- there definitely was something psychedelic there, but it was furtive and elusive, it seemed just over the border from being a regular stimulant. There were absolutely no visual or sensory effects to note and just the slightest hints of an energetic, electric euphoria. There wasn’t much desire to socialize and the bodyload all but decimated any motivation to complete tasks. Perhaps more interesting cognitive effects would manifest at higher doses, but I know I would pay the price if I were to push the dose of this higher. It notably had a long comeup, similar to other DOx compounds, but a remarkably short peak and offset. Cannabis provided some relief and improvement to the overall experience, which was ultimately lackluster. I spent most of this trip lying down trying not to throw up. I’m glad to have added this to my bank of experiences but I think I will not be exploring this compound any further."

Thanks for the report. My conclusions are similar. It has an excessive amount of energy which manifests as bodyload each time I've tried it (twice now). There is a higher anxiety component to it than other DOXs I've tried, and not enough positive effects. I found it pretty emotionally intense but not sure whether that was due to the anxiety which was making my mind whirl, it did seem to be a characteristic of the drug though. At 5mg, I had a long, uneventful, somewhat uncomfortable come-up, and then when I smoked weed and listened to music, I had a very blissful couple of hours with lots of great self-reflection (that was rather self-gratifying, however), and then a trailing plateau that got annoying. When I took 12mg, the whole thing was edgy and uncomfortable and rather difficult emotionally, there was a lot of self-doubt and questioning of my impulses and thought process. I have been hesitant to take it again because of this. I will though, but next time I want to take it on a day I spend hiking in nature, as the body energy is way too much for sitting at home.

Notably, I also get rather uncomfortable for the first stage of DOC if I take it at home, I need to be doing things, but if I take it while I am active and do something like hike, or play music, I enjoy the entire experience including the come-up and everything. Of course, DOC has a wonderful psychedelic trip to it that makes the bodyload more than worth it. DOiP seems quite lacking in that regard.

DOiP reminds me a lot of DOF, except DOF is way more comfortable and benign, and thus a better choice for a quasi-psychedelic enhancer. I was struck by the similarities between the two, actually, aside from the bodyload and resulting anxiety.

I have also tried DOET, and I found it to be the same way, except there is something there that makes it seem more psychedelic... but there is an absence of visuals or any focused mental content so I couldn't tell you why it's psychedelic. And the bodyload is also intense with DOET, giving it too high a cost for whatever positives there are.

Had a really wonderful trip on this compound yesterday and just wanted to let you all know how i feel about it. All and all I would say thst DOiP is a great drug and was euphoric and stimulating with an easy to navigate psychedelic mindspace. I had taken 20mgs and felt like it was an appropriate dose and had very little it thw way of negative side effects. It lastet about 12-14 hours I would say at which point I fell asleep for 6 hours and woke up feeling generally refreshed. Have enough material for another 2-3 trips in this dosage range and I will let you all know about how my later trials went. Aside from this drug I have also tasted DOC and DOPr, both of which I like better than this but that being said I still appreciate this drug and its more subtile nature it is easily geared towards being a mild psychedelic which can be utilized as a day enhancer of sorts. Got my hands on some DOF which I plan on trialing next week more than likely, will let you all know how it goes after I have a taste of that rare treat...

I have arisen from yesterday's 8mg DOIP trial and I have to say I'm fairly impressed! My expectations were quite low for this one, especially since I only took 8mg, and I expected a lot of bodyload and overstimulation but got none of that sort. It was very euphoric, giving me almost 4-fluoroamphetamine like rushes through my brain and body when I laid still on the couch and did absolutely fuck all. This did remind me a bit of 2C-T-4 although obviously lacking the distinctive sulphur warmth that people talk about with the thioether PEA's. Mentally I felt pretty sharp but eradicated all of that by constantly doing whippets, which synergized extremely well by the way. Then my whipped cream dispenser broke (still no idea how thi happened) and I had the glorious idea to snort 2 x 50mg lines of very good racemic ketamine at T06:30, which was absolutely FUCKING crazy! Amazing synergy, psychs + dissos go hand in hand like bread and butter but this felt different than my previous combinations. Overall just very confusing and I had the whole "I broke my brain" typa deal where you hope that your friends and family will ever see you normal again. It was beautiful. Highly recommend giving DOIP (+ ketamine) a chance. 12 hours after dosing the DOiP I was basically sober again with the exception of some mild muscle twitchiness and stimulation which was taken care of by taking 0.5mg clonazepam. Slept completely fine and am in a great mood today. :)

I also experienced substantial euphoric rushes, the first time anyway, at only 5mg (but it kicked it up a few notches when I added weed). I was listening to music and I'd close my eyes and swear I was peaking on methylone for a few minutes at a time, very rolly. It would come and go, though.

Nice to hear that it combined so well with the dissos. I think next time I try it, I will probably add a disso.

I like the shorter duration on this one... similar to LSD's duration, as compared to basically any other DOX (except DOF which is about the same duration for me or maybe slightly shorter).

Glad you enjoyed it!

Thanks for reporting back, @Psychestim! It's not one that ever interested me much, but lately I've begun to think that maybe I should give it a try. I've had a better track record with DOx of all sorts than I ever would have guessed, and this one sounds pretty novel