• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Tryptamines The Small & Handy 5-Chloro-AMT thread

"...once you get locked into a serious drug collection, the tendency is to push it as far as you can."
Sorry about going off topic, but did you have/try DOT? Tried 10mg twice (with B9) years ago and got an effect that is best described as an ability to multitasking. One of the trip reports in PIHKAL reported no effects at 10mg, but if tester was female, multitasking wouldn't seem anything special.
Only problem with it and any PEA with sulphur on the 4 position, is that it occupies the active site of MAO-A, but prevents it assuming the active conformation, so don't mix with anything else until fully reading up on both

Hey man, long time no see! I did get to try DOT one time, but only tried it at 3.5mg and found a halfway in sort of state that was unremarkable and even approached the "Beth state" from PIHKAL. Sadly the rest of it, after a long time in solution in the fridge, grew some sort of terrible pulpy mass in it (I I think I neglected to add alcohol). I only had like 15mg or something perhaps. Always wish I would have had a chance to try it at a higher dose though.

14.05. swallowed 44mg of 5-cl-amt

15.12. siting in the bathroom havin the shits. re living old traumatic events that has happened in my life and i can remember small detailes about those events, small things like what i eat for breakfast, n what it said on the cerial package.

17.23. i think im peaking, feeling brain waves, like brain massage.

18.48. i get a feeling that im very comfortable in this moment.

20.41. still feeling it, tried to eat but no apetite to eat at all

21.20. headaches, ive had headchaes for several months now due to benzo withdrawals. so that could be the cause..

22.31 out with some mirtazapine for sleep.

Sorry for the short trip report, I'm writing this on 3mg doc and smoked some changa before. Things got very intense lol.
I'm gonna try 5-cl-amt again in two weeks, not gonna take any psychedelics or empathogens for two weeks to rule out tolerance. Because this 44mg trip wasn't as strong as my 35 mg trip. At least not visually. But mentally the 44mgs was stronger than 35mgs.

Also, i think i had some tolerance, in the same month i had take 6-apb twice, once for 2 days straight and the other time for 3 days. So 44mg may be a high dose if you don't have tolerance to psychs/empathogens. I've noticed some cross tolerance with all psychedelics and empathogens.

I have to agree with @In_A_Transit here.
You’re really slamming your receptors with these releasers, and as such you’re not giving us much of a data point here.
I would appreciate it, though, if you would elaborate on the mental and visual effects that you’ve experienced with 5-Cl-AMT @boogi12

@In_A_Transit, @Addam i agree with you both, I've been abusing empathogens too much lately...

The visual experience when I took 35mg, with little tolerance, was shaky and psychedelic very much like MDA. But the mental effects were very mild and i was laughing the whole experience through.

On 44 mg i didn't get visuals (probably due to tolerance) but mental effects were pronounced, my father died 3 months ago, and i remember everything that happened that day in detail. The memory recall was scary, i remember stuff i was reading in the hospital, the hospital had old medications on display, i remember their names and so on. I also remember my sisters and moms crying, and felt their pain, when my dad stopped breathing. I remember his dying face, clothing and what stood on the machines he was connected to. I remember all this even though I was abusing benzos and Lyrica, at one point i was taking 4g of Lyrica a day.

I have never had memory recall this strong and In detail ever before from any drug.

I'm gonna stay away from empathogens and psychedelics for two weeks and try again at 44mg.

How similar is this substance to 5-MeO-MiPT?

I ask because both are tryptamines with slightly empatogenic properties

Not really at all. I mean 5-MeO-MiPT has somewhat empathogenic qualities but it is a serotonin agonist and is a flavor of classical psychedelic. Whereas 5-Cl-AMT is a dopamine and serotonin releaser (and MAOI, lest anyone forgets to be careful), and is also somewhat psychedelic, probably. I have tons of experience with regular AMT, and I find it to be far more of an empathogen than a psychedelic. So far after 2 trials at rather low dose, I have found 5-Cl-AMT to be pretty similar to AMT but much smoother and less intense (though the intensity level might totally change at higher dosages).

Yeah, if it's anything like regular aMT, then it's not really anything like 5-MeO-MiPT.

This article is an awesome resource for MAOi SARs. I discovered this trying to find out if 3-MeMA was an MAOi or not.

Where else can you find out so much information about SAR and MAOi activity?

5-CL-AMT is in there. It's about the same at inhibiting MAO-A as PMA, but WAY less potent as an inhibitor of MAO-B. That might make it safer than PMA by being less likely to provoke a hypertensive crisis.

has anyone seen new trip reports of this anywhere? have only been able to find the ones by xorkoth and kaleida around, thinking of picking this one up soon due to unavailability of amt...

There seems to be quite a dearth of reports on this. I found a couple on reddit, you might try there. If and when you try it, please write one of your own. :) I'll definitely write more when I try it again, I haven't yet, though. So many substances, so little time.

There seems to be quite a dearth of reports on this. I found a couple of reddit, you might try there. If and when you try it, please write one of your own. :) I'll definitely write more when I try it again, I haven't yet, though. So many substances, so little time.
will check over there, thanks! did you notice any degradation in the short time between your two experiences with it being in solution? i know most tryptamines degrade in solution rather quickly so wondering what an appropriate amount to create one with would be without wasting too much since i imagine its probably best to space out dosing this similar to mdma, correct? And i'll definitely write a report once i get a chance to try it!

I am not sure, I haven't looked at it for a while nor have I tried it since it had been in solution only a couple of weeks. I just created a small solution and kept the rest dry, maybe just like 30mg. And yeah you should space it out, like AMT, because it's a releaser.

took 20mg of this yesterday morning, did an allergy test of 1-2mg earlier in the week. here are live notes copies/cleaned a lil. sorry for not the best writing, i honestly didnt feel too inspired wordchoice-wise when writing this, was kinda hoping for more of a full on experience.

1022am. Approx 20mg weighed n eaten. Just got out shower a few mins ago, just woke up. Ready for a good roll, some psychedelia, overall a good day inshallah. Instantly go wc but prob already had to ykno. Def somewhat anxious (pre dosing not from the chem yet or at all hopeful) due to being relatively uncommonly used.

1045am (+22min) maybe slight leg tingling body feeling? Haven’t smoked today so all sensations should be from the amt.

1103am more noticeable feet tingles now, perhaps more giggly overall.

1117am still stronger increasing body high in feetesp. Just rolled up a j to burn, not expecting any explosive psychedelic reaction but will be cautious since still coming up. 1137 finished smoking, no notable changes. definitely feel good at this point, I notice a constant mild smile on my face, not yet at a pure shit eating grin but it’s still early. Weather is good today nice and sunny, tho temp may be a bit much later on (expected high 92)

1258pm body high slightly stronger by now, legs feel really good and cold almost. not really any visuals or nystagmus at this dosage yet, took a dab a while ago. just feel content to lay on the couch listening to music.

251pm not much has developed since last update, feeling body high is about the same strength wise. No nervous energy or restlessness at all, thinking maybe due to lack of norepinephrine release? Not hot at all, still kinda feel a cool feeling thruout the legs (room temp is 74 rn)

654pm still slightly feel body high just smoked a bowl. No other effects have developed etc. just been watching yt listening to music chilling mostly.

around 8pm i go out to get some food (i havent experienced any visual distortions or mental difficulty at this point so figure im in the clear), came back smoked some more,

945pm still a noticeable body high in the legs, that’s about it going on tho. will prob take a bar soon (not to sleep necessarily. But just to chill).

1022pm: last notes, still a slight body tingle but thats about it, dont feel like im really missing anything by ending it 'early' with a benzo.

Will definitely experiment with this more, glad I chose to take 20mg I feel like I would have been quite underwhelmed by a lower dose, but will be cautious in pushing it up more, I think the highest I've seen is on reddt someone taking 60mg with tolerance. I think @Xorkoth mentioned its 2x as active as an MAOI as regular aMT correct? which would mean full mao inhibition at 75mg dose compared to 150mg approx for aMT can anyone chime in on that? refrained from drinking some hot chocolate as a snack during the day just in case to be on safe side, tho some ppl seem to argue the necessity of avoiding the diet stuff.
It was overall a really smooth chem, the body high felt great, not nearly as in ur face with euphoria like mdma/benzofurans, but it was a nice pleasurable effect that just kept strong thruout the day. Did not notice any mental effects besides being in a good mood, maybe some increased chattiness but I was alone at home and texted a couple ppl but nothing too much. Did not notice much nausea on comeup, did have to use WC a few times thruout even tho I hadnt even anything since the night before. I will mention that thruout the trip I did have some random pains in body but I dont know if thats drug related or just my body doin its thing, but ill mention in case others experience: for a moment there was like a feeling in my sternumish area by my navel, i think i felt a pain in my shins momentarily. I wish I kept more notes of the random pains but I had to agree to myself early on that I wouldnt let every lil odd feeling freak me out cuz im not tryna spiral like that on a relatively new chem, its not like acid where I could tell myself "no ones ever died in millions of trips."
I feel like my hopes may be been a lil too high going into this one tbh, just due to it being a relative to the great legend aMT(one day soon maybe haha) and how next level that is supposed to be, or maybe its just a matter of dialing in the dose more. please proceed with caution of course, me & you as well.

Last edited:
Did you mean to post a link? I'd love to hear about it. :)

I am getting the sense that the dose of this stuff is probably lower than AMT, but not all that much lower, for a full experience. I have read of someone taking up to 60mg. As 5-Cl-AMT has no action on NE, it is likely to be somewhat less "druggy" and recreational. it is an almost pure SERT/DA releaser, with, I believe, agonism of 5-HT2a as well, if I recall correctly. It has the potential to be quite good, but as it also appears to be about twice as potent an MAOI, care must be taken.