• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Phenethylamines The Small & Handy 2,6-Dibromomescaline (2,6-BM / DBM) Thread

A while after I got my first result I paused my experimentation with 2,6-DBM and waited for a second batch to land in my hands in the hopes of receiving a pure(r) product.
And indeed, a new batch of DBM magically found its way into my possession, but this time it was prepared as the hydrobromide salt. The powder was very shiny and looked much more visually appealing than the first sample. Out of excitement, I immediately continued my titration and took 20mg on an empty stomach. I noted no effects.
Anyway, after this trial I handed in a small amount of this powder for lab-testing and two days ago I received my result.
I was surpised and disappointed to see that my sample was again, adulterated.

submitted as: 2,6-Dibromomescaline HBr
expected: 2,6-Dibromomescaline HBr (not quantified)
unexpected: Unknown compound (not quantified)
remark: This sample contains a significant amount of a compound we could not (yet) identify, alongside 2,6-dibromomescaline. We know for sure that the unknown substance in your sample is not 2-bromomescaline
I just heard back from the testing facility and to my great surprise they told me that my sample is in fact NOT adulterated! I‘ll keep it short, but according to their pharmacist the first analysis through LC-MS/MS (ion trap MS) and LC-UV was a little inconclusive so they opted for a more precise mass spec called MALDI-HRMS which showed the molecule ion peaks much more clearly and they can now say with absolute certainty that what I have is 2,6-dibromomescaline, and only that. No other components were found.

The titration continues tomorrow with 40mg of the hydrobromide salt!

Wanna hear another good thing? I also received ~500mg of the monobrominated version today. I’ll hand some of it in for another lab-analysis on Friday and should have the results in the upcoming week. Really looking forward to combining the two, good thing my first batch is a 1:3 mix of BM/DBM.

Last edited:
So far my experiences with the HBr salt yielded the following intensity levels on the Shulgin rating scale.

1mg: -
5mg: -
10mg: -
20mg: -
40mg: ±
60mg: +

Next trial will be at 80mg, probably next week. I can’t really characterize the effects as of yet and I also don’t want to spoiler anything because I’ll release a collection of reports once I’m done escalating my doses. What I’m gonna say is that it’s definitely not as potent and visual for me at 50mg as the one Erowid report suggests.

Last edited:
nice, some new data. sad that blacklight went down without knowing who has the forum data, it had some unique information. i remember an early report of 2-bromomescaline. all i know that it was a fair bit stronger, dose might have been around 140mg but i would have to guess.

I decided to still release the full titration, even though it might be a little boring to read, just because there is so little information on this compound. I hope some of you still find it interesting. I'm really looking forward to release a report for 2-bromomescaline (one bromine less) because this one seems to be a winner compared to the dibromo version.
I wish you all a great day!

Last edited:
Your experience is very similar to mine. Threshold at 24 mg (HCl salt), 48 mg gave a mild effect, 60 mg still mild, 90 mg a little stronger intoxication. Still, nothing exciting, completely missing the emotional magic of mescaline. I'm interested to hear more about the 2-halos.

I had 27mg of the ~75:25 DBM:2-BM mixture left and took it with a glass of water yesterday evening. I'd had 800mg of phenibut earlier in the day, and also a 25mg d8-THC edible an hour before. Also had a couple grams of piracetam when I woke up and about 300mg of caffeine throughout the day.

Very mild in terms of visual disturbances. Positive mood, music appreciation and introspection were enhanced. Very nice euphoria, although it wasn't present for the entire experience. Mild paranoid thought-patterns at a couple points, which I imagine was due to the d8. Overall an enjoyable and accommodating experience, and one that's unique from just phenibut+d8/9-THC. Fell asleep around 2 AM to some very restful sleep and mild but pleasant afterglow this morning.

Would definitely repeat this combo if I had more of the mixture, probably at 50-75mg of the mixture and 600-800mg of phenibut, and leave the d8 out of the picture.