• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Lysergamides The Small & Handy 1V-LSD thread

I just want to say that 1V LSD is absolutely lovely.

It is very smooth and calm, euphoric, visual with a lot of blues, purples, and greens. Bright vibrant almost neon colors, akin but different to LSD visuals in the color department.

Zero of the thought loops of LSD yet still stimulating in a mental way. Does not have the typical LSD crash and tweaked out feeling after a long hard trip. Came down gently.

This chemical has a special place in my heart. Its called Valerie because of its structure but also because researchers noted a particular friendly female 'entity' or precense while on the drug. I have yet to experience this but I have not gone beyond 150mcg. Will explore 300mcg soon.

The blotter also come in 225mcg which may be a perfect dose!

Regular LSD is very special to me, even though it has causes some very difficult and terrorizing trips it has healed me a lot and made me face a lot of fears. It is in my top 5 favorite drugs. I have found Valerie or 1V LSD to hold the exact same position in how fond I am of it.

Its really nice to trip without having to worry about speediness or being mind fucked so hard. There is still a psychedelic heads pace it is just more gentle is all. I find it to be so beautiful.

Duration may be slightly shorter or equal to LSD.

There is slightly more tummy twirls and nausea but its nothing crazy.

They are already proposing a ban for this chemical and many believe it will be banned by June or July. If it goes the way of the other analogues then its definitely true.

If able to, I would tell you to definitely buy a 100 sheet or two to have a supply. I am.

I could not imagine in 5 or 10 years not being able to use this drug(medicine). I would be heart broken.

This is only in Germany though so chances are it will still be available through Netherlands like 1cp lsd and 1p lsd still are. Still im not taking the risk.

Let be honest here, 95% of people would absolutely be fine and most likely have life changing trips if they used psychedelics. Schiz or on antidepressants and you are in the unfortunate minority otherwise i fully agree spread the word and let's heal the world with psychedelics. They are the way forward I believe it with all my heart, esp sacred plants.

The nickname ‘Valerie’ is derived from segments of the most significant chemical groups described in the chemical name 1-VALeroyl-lysERgic acid dIEthylamide. Several participants of our research group also noted the presence of a ‘female entity’ whilst researching this compound. Hence we feel the name Valerie is apt!

1V-LSD is homologous to 1P-LSD, containing a valeroyl group bound to the indole nitrogen instead of a propionyl group. Due to the high lipophilicity of the valeroyl group there is now a great opportunity to study the potentially unique pharmacokinetic properties of this novel compound.

1V-LSD is a prodrug of LSD and an analogue of 1P-LSD. Since it is a prodrug, it shares many similar properties with LSD itself but also 1P-LSD, 1cP-LSD and 1B-LSD. However, Valerie also has some distinguishing features including increased visual effects compared to 1cP-LSD and 1P-LSD, as reported by our research group.

-from the sole manufacturer of 1V LSD

I know that. I only meant the second part of your quote: also because researchers noted a particular friendly female 'entity' or precense while on the drug. Says who?

Maybe it's because 1V-LSD was given that (IMO silly) nickname for marketing purposes that more suggestible people have convinced themselves that there's a "female entity" attached to it? Personally I've never had any consistent "entity contact" on a lysergamide, but feel free to chime in with your experiences.

EDIT: lmao it's directly lifted from the supplier's description (or should I say press release?) Absolutely ridiculous.

Last edited:
I know that. I only meant the second part of your quote: also because researchers noted a particular friendly female 'entity' or precense while on the drug. Says who?

Maybe it's because 1V-LSD was given that (IMO silly) nickname for marketing purposes that more suggestible people have convinced themselves that there's a "female entity" attached to it? Personally I've never had any consistent "entity contact" on a lysergamide, but feel free to chime in with your experiences.

EDIT: lmao it's directly lifted from the supplier's description (or should I say press release?) Absolutely ridiculous.
I agree, @blistersinthedark. I appreciate everything you’re saying @Skippwiggins, and we share the same passion for LSD – defs in my top 5 as well – but I’d be lying if I said I could distinguish any of the 1-substituted LSD analogues from any particular batch of LSD, which themselves seem to vary in qualitative effects from batch to batch, sometimes seemingly from dose to dose. It’s entirely too possible that it’s just all in my head according to my expectations. The most likely thing that happens is that 1-subbed LSD analogues might differ in their onset owing to the fact the substituted moiety must be removed by our metabolism in order for the drug to cross the BBB. Of course I don’t know that for sure just yet, but it’s an educated guess.

This mirrors to some extent the pro-drug family of 4-acetoxy-tryptamines, like 4-AcO-DMT, 4-AcO-MET, 4-AcO-EPT, etc., and the debate as to whether 4-AcO-xT differs qualitatively from 4-HO-xT. For example, personally I cannot distinguish 4-HO-MET from 4-AcO-MET.

It’s sort of akin to how wine-tasting is a complete crock of shit, and the so-called experts are some fake-ass, self-deceiving jokers. When they dyed white wine red during a study, wine-tasting “experts” couldn’t even distinguish red wine from white wine, let alone, say, a cabernet from a merlot. Similarly, I doubt most weed-smokers could easily distinguish Cannabis sativa from C. sativa indica, but at least here there can be a significant difference in cannabinoid and terpene profile, so I could be wrong here.

I think I’m gonna start some informal experiments in which I see how easily I can delineate the effects of closely related psychedelics.

EDIT: lmao it's directly lifted from the supplier's description (or should I say press release?) Absolutely ridiculous

Ann shulgin and I would both agree that every drug has some sort of chemical spirit. Ive definitely felt the energy of entities on LSD that was much different than anything on mushrooms or DMT. Id bet a lot of other long time trippers would say the same. However that is probably different than feeling some kind of chemical spirit or entity itself. Marketing or not, the drug sells itself, and it being called Valerie does not distinguish it by much. Valerie, Lucy, sassy? aye. Im paying double for this than normal high quality LSD and its definitely worth it to me. The short duration is a major bummer though. it also doesn't have as much stimulation which I both like and dislike.

After using it quite a bit I'm quite fond of the name Valerie now. it adds to the fun imo.

BS or not im gonna up the dose to 300-450 and see if I can find out!

Ann shulgin and I would both agree that every drug has some sort of chemical spirit. Ive definitely felt the energy of entities on LSD that was much different than anything on mushrooms or DMT. Id bet a lot of other long time trippers would say the same. However that is probably different than feeling some kind of chemical spirit or entity itself.
To an atheist, this sounds like forced spiritualist, new age, hackneyed snake oil babble (not that I agree, just saying). So perhaps it’s best to just see it like what some people experience as spirits or energy entities, others experience as just non-paranormal (normal?) qualitative phenomena regarding their mood and the impression the drug gives them, subjectively speaking. In other words, a rose is a rose by any other name, right? We’re speaking about the same thing. Having a little backstory “legend”, whether real or imagined, is kind of a fun, harmless myth that the skeptical among us will always know to question.
Marketing or not, the drug sells itself, and it being called Valerie does not distinguish it by much. Valerie, Lucy, sassy? aye.
These are good points. Valerie kind gives it a sort of 80s throwback vibe that’s super on-trend right now.
Im paying double for this than normal high quality LSD and its definitely worth it to me. The short duration is a major bummer though. it also doesn't have as much stimulation which I both like and dislike.
Yikes, idk if it’s worth paying double given the aforementioned demerits.
After using it quite a bit I'm quite fond of the name Valerie now. it adds to the fun imo.
BS or not im gonna up the dose to 300-450 and see if I can find out!
At that level, I would imagine the effects do become pretty indistinguishable from LSD as whatever percent of the molecule is metabolized, at that dose it should be a sufficiently strong dose of LSD regardless. I imagine you might get better bioavailability from swallowing your tabs instead of taking them sublingually, if that’s what you do, owing to increasing the exposure of the drug to first-pass metabolism (I’m assuming this is where the conversion happens; am I wrong?).

The legend definitely adds some fun to it.

I feel theres some people who Can't distinguish it from LSD and some who can feel clear distinctions. We took 300mcg yesterday and it definitely felt different to both my wife and I. It was a great experience I absolutely loved it.

Nobody really knows what their tabs contain. Most people will brag that they are 200mcg or even 300mcg when in my experience most tabs are 50-100mcg. The ones I get are pretty strong, most likely on the upper range. 2-3 tabs causing some very intense visuals and quite a long experience, 3 usually rendering us rolling on the floor for a while. For double the price I can get 225mcg 1V LSD, which by most reports is equivalent to 165mcg of LSD, so to me it evens out. Plus its just fun to try new psychedelics that is the part I love most.

Reddit has a 1V sub forum with 2.5k people with hundreds of reports, most are consistent with the effects I mentioned. It seems its mostly people who no longer have access to normal LSD anymore or people in Europe who want a legal alternative.

I will try 1p and 1cplsd next and see how those are, out of curiosity. 1cp definitely seems more desirable though. I have a feeling though I won't enjoy them as much as 1V though! fun lighthearted lysergamide.

Valerie kind gives it a sort of 80s throwback vibe that’s super on-trend right now.

I love that. I think its all in good fun! I hope the legend sticks!

The legend definitely adds some fun to it.

I feel theres some people who Can't distinguish it from LSD and some who can feel clear distinctions.
That's nice that you feel that way, but I'm interested in, and persuaded by, cold, hard facts from measurable data in a repeatable experiment. I suspect a large portion of what users think is novel lysergamide activity is actually just placebo effects laid on top of this LSD pro-drug. Here's a challenge: take 20 trips; have your wife flip a coin (away from your view) each time before you trip; heads = you're given LSD; tails = you're given 1V-LSD, but of course you're not told which one you're getting. I know it's not much data, but I'm curious how accurate you would be in attempting to guess which one you'd been given solely by its effects.
We took 300mcg yesterday and it definitely felt different to both my wife and I. It was a great experience I absolutely loved it.
So if 225 µg 1V-LSD is equivalent to 165 µg LSD, then 300 µg 1V-LSD should be equivalent to 200 µg LSD. That's about the upper limit of LSD I'll take if I'm going out. Otherwise, set & setting become too critical.
Nobody really knows what their tabs contain.
The chemist who laid the blotter certainly should know, more or less. Also, there was a group a few years back called something like the darknet (market?) avengers, and they would chromatographically test tabs of LSD being sold on the DNMs in order to uncover the vendors who were lying about the strength of their doses, whether knowingly or not. Most people's blotters contained fewer µgs per hit than was advertised. Some were accurate, but there were a few who had more than twice the LSD per hit than was claimed. Also, sheets are sometimes unevenly laid depending on technique used and how the sheet dries.
Most people will brag that they are 200mcg or even 300mcg when in my experience most tabs are 50-100mcg.
Yeah but unless you quantified those amounts through HPLC or GC-MS or something like this, I believe you're just guessing at this "50-100mcg" you claim. Sounds dubious.
The ones I get are pretty strong, most likely on the upper range. 2-3 tabs causing some very intense visuals and quite a long experience, 3 usually rendering us rolling on the floor for a while. For double the price I can get 225mcg 1V LSD, which by most reports is equivalent to 165mcg of LSD, so to me it evens out. Plus its just fun to try new psychedelics that is the part I love most.

Reddit has a 1V sub forum with 2.5k people with hundreds of reports, most are consistent with the effects I mentioned. It seems its mostly people who no longer have access to normal LSD anymore or people in Europe who want a legal alternative.
I disagree with your assessment. I'd say ~half the people who post on that sub say the same thing I do – that LSD and its 1-substituted analogues are virtually indistinguishable in qualitative effects, probably b/c they're pro-drugs to LSD.
Also do note: Germany is slated to outlaw 1V-LSD this coming June of 2022.
I will try 1p and 1cplsd next and see how those are, out of curiosity.
I've done all of these LSD pro-drug compounds. I honestly cannot tell them apart; they're just all like really clean, well made LSD. Throw ALD-52 (aka: 1A-LSD, 1-acetyl-LSD) into this group as well as 1B-LSD.
1cp definitely seems more desirable though. I have a feeling though I won't enjoy them as much as 1V though! fun lighthearted lysergamide.
See so right here you're already setting your expectations and instructing your own nervous system on how to respond to these compounds before you've even tried them. Perhaps… keep your mind open to possibilities and acknowledge the power of placebo and the tendency to underestimate its influence on our subjective experiences. Selah.

To go back to "Valerie", I take issue with needless nicknames being given to drugs to make them more appealing because it only services to obscure their nature as novel RCs (as benign though the 1-substituted LSD analogs may be) and ultimately can only lead to confusion among users who aren't necessarily well-informed, namely those who procure their drugs from real-life acquaintances. How hard is it to learn "1V-LSD"? Even that is a trivial name.

Maybe calling 1V-LSD "Valerie" is among the more benign examples of this, but giving a substance a cute nickname and making up some bullshit new-age lore about it is about as helpful as calling 5-MeO-DiPT and 5-MeO-MiPT "Moxy" and "Foxy" (I can never remember which is which because the nomenclature is utter bollocks!) or 3-MeO-PCP "meow" (do people also call 3-MeO-PCE that?) or whatever. Can't we just call a spade a spade? This is a harm reduction forum after all. And it looks like 1V-LSD tabs don't even have the name of the molecule printed on them. This is a step backwards IMO.

Besides, there already is a whole category of chemicals derived from valerian which have similar-sounding names.

Sorry, this pisses me off! If the name had come from users themselves I would just be mildly annoyed at the phenomenon, but this is the maker/supplier of yet another entry in a chain of LSD analogues with increasingly heavy substitutions actively telling people to call their product that as a marketing ploy and I think we need to push back against it.

Last edited:
To go back to "Valerie", I take issue with needless nicknames being given to drugs to make them more appealing because it only services to obscure their nature as novel RCs (as benign though the 1-substituted LSD analogs may be) and ultimately can only lead to confusion among users who aren't necessarily well-informed, namely those who procure their drugs from real-life acquaintances. How hard is it to learn "1V-LSD"? Even that is a trivial name.

Maybe calling 1V-LSD "Valerie" is among the more benign examples of this, but giving a substance a cute nickname and making up some bullshit new-age lore about it is about as helpful as calling 5-MeO-DiPT and 5-MeO-MiPT "Moxy" and "Foxy" (I can never remember which is which because the nomenclature is utter bollocks!) or 3-MeO-PCP "meow" (do people also call 3-MeO-PCE that?) or whatever. Can't we just call a spade a spade? This is a harm reduction forum after all. And it looks like 1V-LSD tabs don't even have the name of the molecule printed on them. This is a step backwards IMO.

Besides, there already is a whole category of chemicals derived from valerian which have similar-sounding names.

Sorry, this pisses me off! If the name had come from users themselves I would just be mildly annoyed at the phenomenon, but this is the maker/supplier of yet another entry in a chain of LSD analogues with increasingly heavy substitutions actively telling people to call their product that as a marketing ploy and I think we need to push back against it.
Ok, fair points, kind of hard to argue against, except how far should one take that concept? As you pointed out, “1V-LSD” is fairly arbitrary to begin with? I wouldn't expect people to use each chemicals' IUPAC name, but that's the most unambiguous name one could pick, the entire point of the IUPAC nomenclature. And I also figure, if a more generalised naming practice was okay with people like Dr. David Nichols, and the late Dr.'s Albert Hofman the Alexander Shulgin, I can live with it, ya know?

Plus that knife cuts both ways – I think the popularity of MDMA began to skyrocket when people relabeled the drug “Molly” and/or “Mandy”, which sounds far less salacious than “ecstasy”, a decadent- and depraved-sounding term to society's more prudish types. The word practically wants to rhyme with “sextasy.” Fewer people are afraid of a drug with a harmless name like “Molly” whereas if you use a drug called “ecstasy” you might sort of assume there's no free lunches in this world and there's a terrible price to pay for feeling “ecstasy” apropos of nothing more than swallowing a pill or powder. Whether it's true isn't important, perception is the key thing. Since the crack epidemic of the 80s and 90s, for example, the reputation of cocaine—even “crack cocaine”—has significantly improved, even US Federal law has relaxed on its former 100-to-1 statues from the Reagan administration. Now meth and heroin/fentanyl have the Draconian sentencing.

The federal mandatory minimums on methamphetamine are insane. Just 5 grams fetches a mandatory minimum of 10 years for someone with a prior felony, and 5 years for a first-timer, while 50 grams of pure meth doubles those sentences to 20 and 10 years, respectively. Compared to cocaine, the same mandatory minimums have a threshold of 500 grams of powder cocaine and I think 85 grams of “crack” or freebase cocaine. Talk about arbitrary.

But back to Valerie, you're not really upset about a drug named after a Steve Winwood song, are you? Lol, it's a good point though – I've loathed the inconsistent application of “molly” for some time, and the hack bullshit drug going around called "Tusibi"—pronounced "2C-B" despite containing no 2C-B (as in 2,5-dimethoxy-4-bromo-phenethylamine) but rather usually MDMA, caffeine, and ketamine and usually dyed pink—that shit is very unhelpful and annoying. I guess in the grand scheme of things you have to sort of pick & choose your battles, ya know?

The world is jaded. I am not.
There's a fine line between being disillusioned and being jaded. I'd like to think that isn't true for me personally, and believe me, I still love LSD and will, and do, still take any of these analogs, homologs, or whatever is technically the correct term. If nothing else, the LSD that winds up crossing the blood brain barrier is typically very fine, pure LSD once it's converted in the body, in my speculation. Furthering this conjecture, my guess is this seeming purity (based on subjective experience) is due to its careful manufacture in a professional, well equipped lab, given the general complexity and delicacy of the molecule and its precursors. In a clandestine setting, LSD production is notoriously difficult, particularly regarding the safe procurement of the necessary precursors and specific equipment such as a rotovap and light-sealed lab lit only by a dark-room, red light bulb, that kinda shit. Plus the need for column chromatography to separate the three various enantiomeric impurities (nor-LSD, lumi-LSD, and iso-LSD) from the one that's active. I don't believe it's commonly encountered in clandestine settings, but I could be wrong, and this is all just guesswork.

And what do I know? You could be right and there is an “entourage effect” between LSD and possibly one or more of these enantiomers, analogues, homologs, etc. Can't really rule anything out without the data from some reputable researchers, preferably across multiple studies.

I don't think these sell to well?

I ordered 10 to test and the dude sent me 25. That's 15 for free worth 90 euro's.
There were 2 tabs missing on the cp-lsd order though.

valery-Klein.jpg

I don't think these sell to well?

I ordered 10 to test and the dude sent me 25. That's 15 for free worth 90 euro's.
There were 2 tabs missing on the cp-lsd order though.

valery-Klein.jpg

Nice!

I think i have the same tabs. Took a half tab last time, 75ug, and that was a proper trip for me. It was even overwhelming for my partner.

I'm gonna try 1/4th tab or slightly more than that next time. I won't be looking for a microdose. To me there's a low recreational sweetspot which basically works like a better version of stimulants and what people seek in stimulants. The mood and self-confidence is boosted, everything has an edge of profundity, conversation is greatly enhanced. Pretty much any recreational and spare-time activity is doable. Not quite a trip but still more intense and somehow complex than most other types of drug effects.

I don't know if i could tell the difference vs normal LSD. As usual, my life and psychophysical status as well as dosage matter a lot more than the substance of choice.

Nice!

I think i have the same tabs. Took a half tab last time, 75ug, and that was a proper trip for me. It was even overwhelming for my partner.

I'm gonna try 1/4th tab or slightly more than that next time. I won't be looking for a microdose. To me there's a low recreational sweetspot which basically works like a better version of stimulants and what people seek in stimulants. The mood and self-confidence is boosted, everything has an edge of profundity, conversation is greatly enhanced. Pretty much any recreational and spare-time activity is doable. Not quite a trip but still more intense and somehow complex than most other types of drug effects.

I don't know if i could tell the difference vs normal LSD. As usual, my life and psychophysical status as well as dosage matter a lot more than the substance of choice.
yes that's the level I like most, jacked and profound, both happy alone, and people find me fun too. I just wish I was not the driver in the family. but I get to fly low often enough, no real complaints.
next time I splurge maybe it will be 1v.

Nice!

With no tolerance I get very speedy effects on a 20ug micro dose.

I tried 300ug last night and see why they call it valery.

Nice clean trip just I prefer 1-cp-lsd subtle differences between the two of them.
The purple colours were prominent though.

I'm about to try this one at 300ug and I'm pretty stoked....if it's great I'm just buying a sheet immediately lol.
Will definitely report back ....it sounds like I'm either going to fall in love with this one or write it off completely....

With no tolerance I get very speedy effects on a 20ug micro dose.
Me too. To be frank, it's uncomfortable and I see it like: since I'm experiencing the anxiogenesis, I might as well get a more satisfying trip, ya know? Otherwise it feels like an annoying waste of LSD. Instead: Macro-dose that shit, son!

I tried 300ug last night and see why they call it valery.
Curious – what do you mean by this? :) The subject of phonemes and their ability to register human emotion is interesting in a Chomsky-esque way. Makes sense here especially given that LSD causes synesthesia.

The nickname reminds me of Steve Winwood's 80s hit, “Valerie” and Eric Prydz's interpolation/remake, "Call On Me", the music video of which is a celebration of semi-ironic, 1980s aerobics nostalgia. I like it – the melody has always been catchy and the combination of cinematography, choreography, and beautiful humans is visually arresting, vapid though the music video's premise and narrative may be.

Nice clean trip just I prefer 1-cp-lsd subtle differences between the two of them.
The purple colours were prominent though.
What are your thoughts on ALD-52, aka 1-acetyl-LSD?

I've had LSD, 1cP-LSD, 1P-LSD, ETH-LAD, LSA, 1P-ETH-LAD, PRO-LAD, 1V-LSD, ALD-52, AL-LAD, and PARGY-LAD as far as lysergamides go. Though this has been over the years, and with a few of them I have only two or three trips under my belt, so it's tough recalling and attempting to delineate between their effects sometimes. However, I've tripped dozens of times on a few of them, to wit: 1cP-LSD, ETH-LAD, and ALD-52, and I consistently seem to recognize some of their traits, though I concede that I can't be sure this isn't either placebo or that a trait isn't simply inherent to the particular batch / synthesis, skill, and technique used to produce the batch I happen to have received.

And then LSD I've probs dosed a couple hundred times in my life, possibly more… LSD and I became close friends when I was ~15 yrs old, dropping acid alone on random school nights so I could stay up all night tripping with my headphones plugged into a 1970s Marantz tube amplifier and a CD player (this was the 90s). I'd trip in the dark all night and listen super intently to albums and artists I like.

The point is: I've tripped a lot, and the fact that my mind experiences consistent, subjective differences from batch to batch is fascinating no matter what causes it: placebo, entourage effect, or something else still.