Mental Health The Schizophrenia/Schizoaffective Disorder Mega Thread

Bullshit. Whoever told you that is a liar and you shouldn't be telling it to others.

As far as i'm aware antipsychotics don't cause permanent changes to brain chemistry. The only reason you may not get back to how you were before hand is if you were psychotic.

Sorry, I had only skimmed the last few posts of this thread and focused on the line I quoted. Now that I have read the rest of Sleek65's posts in this thread I realize that he or she has already been off the shot for several months.

My main point was and always has been that people shouldn't be quitting meds willy nilly without doing it under the supervision of a doctor. "I feel better" or "I want to get back to how I was before" is usually not a good excuse to quit meds especially if you were psychotic when you went on the meds.

People need to accept who they ARE and not dwell on who they WERE. It's a tough pill to swallow, so to speak, but as humans we are constantly in a state of becoming. People change. As soon as I accepted that I would never be who I was before, I actually began living a fuller life and became happy again.