• SPORTS
    AND
    GAMING
  • Sports & Gaming Moderators: ghostfreak

the S+G social thread vers. NFL offseason = S+G offseason

gamestop is hardly the only place on the planet for games. my point is that you have more control over this than you seem to think you do and you seem to almost enjoy the shitty service experience and participate in it willingly so that you can then rant about it later. i can imagine a number of reasons why somebody might want to martyr themselves like that but i'd be assuming and it's a discussion for a different place.

on topic, if you think gamestop sucks, take some responsibility for the issue and don't shop there. problem solved with a tranquil lack of drama :)

alasdair

The topic was why GameStop employees seem to be a bunch of douchebags. I had a few negative experiences there so I thought I would share them. It turned out to be a rant, big deal- if you didn't like it, go to another forum. and I don't care what you and your French counterpart think, this is supposed be a forum for sharing, not picking apart people's posts and making cheap remarks. If you are going to the let your ego go to your head, do it in silence.

You'd think that administrators would have enough common sense to leave insults out of posts- They must be so self-conscious with themselves that they have to criticize and put down others to make themselves feel good in a sick way...

Ive never had a problem at any of the stores near me. Not to say there arent bad Gamestop employees, but with franchises like that you have to judge it store-by-store. Some are good, somw not so much. And that usually reflects on the manager as someone posted earlier

I have 3 GameStop stores within a 5 mile radius of my house. The 2 on the south end of town are hit or miss, and the one near the Toys R Us is staffed with know-nothing dickholes. The one across the shopping center has a little better selection, the employees are slightly more knowledgeable except for a teenager who works at nights. The one up north seems to cater to hardcore gamers of all kinds and the staff there seems to know their stuff.

But it always seems like they never want to take any trade-ins and give cash. They say they will give you 20% less in cash, which is kind of unfair. To make things more complicated, I have heard a store employee say it was 30% at their store, which turned out not to be true...Wonder if they worked out a way to scam people or if that store is just really anal about giving back cash...

I noticed that Star Ocean 4 for PS3 was 9.99 used- What a shame, that has to be the best game for PS3 that I have played, and yet it sits collecting dust :(

They dont give the same amount for trade-ins and cash because they want you to spend the money at the store.

But it always seems like they never want to take any trade-ins and give cash. They say they will give you 20% less in cash, which is kind of unfair. To make things more complicated, I have heard a store employee say it was 30% at their store, which turned out not to be true...Wonder if they worked out a way to scam people or if that store is just really anal about giving back cash...

(
And you call me cheap? :(

i like this thread.

and i think video games are for faggots.

Agreed. This sub forum used to be a sweaty, manly locker room filled with athleticism and accumplishment and now it has turned into a SLR of virgins. How knowledgable do game employees need to be? Turn the game on, pick up the controller and make a game your slave in under 20 hours. If you enjoy yourself it's a good game.

Agreed. This sub forum used to be a sweaty, manly locker room filled with athleticism and accumplishment

lol great wordage

game stop is weird

video games do suck,but when it comes to time spent in solitude, it beats the hell out of laying on the couch watching half assed television/cinema....some series that can help effectively kill time: tiger woods series(impossible to be a golf lover and not find novelty in this game, even though it's virtual, playing 18 ag augusta, designed to a tee, is fun as hell), nba 2k series and the ncaa football series

i dont know why gamestop employees are douchebags. prolly from having to listen to neckbeards and screaming kids all day long.
who let busty out of the cricket thread?

The Miami Marlins are now the gayest team in pro sports. Exhibit:

new uniforms:

Miami_Marlins_Set.PNG

mascot in new unis:

r-BILLY-THE-MARLIN-MASCOT-NEW-LOOK-OUTFITS-large570.jpg

home run display in new stadium:

marlins.gif

new theme song:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=hw2HtRQ2U8Y

LOL dude, I've been making fun of their new logos ever since they have had their early prototypes out LOLOL

WHY change such a classic Florida Marlins logo?? WHY?? well at least the gay South Beach-inhabiting Marlins fans are happy! and that's a tough baseball demographic to please!!

classic logo?

the team has only been around for like 17 years

the only thing classic about them is that edgar renteria walk off single to win game 7

wow that's pretty gay. is that serious?

I always had the up-most respect for the game of rugby. I feel like it would be the best sport suited for me, since I am taller and slightly built, but also fast for a non-black guy. crazy to think about how big some of those football players are getting nowadays

I remember when I played D2 college football here in Ohio... it was very obvious to notice those who have been going the steroid route, even at a level that isn't NFL or Big-Time NCAA teams

Ive posted this in the lounge but I though I'd share it here too because, well, its fuckin epic.

dean-solo-at-taft-point-5238-682x1024.jpg

Dean Potter slack-lining with no tether at Taft Point in Yosemite Valley CA. That jutting rock in the background is El Capitan, the largest vertical granite face on the planet.

That is incredible.

Yes Axl, they are serious. They are based in Paris though so you can get away being a little fruity there, that and they have a huge female following. Probably helps that they release a nude calandar every year featuring their playing squad. Gay or not I did get a 90 point flogging from them one day. :(

I have a funny gay uniforms story. I've said that I've played college football around here before, and my team's colors were dark purple and black. it was actually a kewl jersey set-up, all dark colors. our team was pretty good, perhaps second best in our conference

however, there was this one team that always won the conference, and at least was in the or a threat to be in the National Championship game, for our smaller division. they were total bad asses and were known to accept most of the Division 1 program rejects, because they either failed out of high school or got into some big-time trouble in some way or another (hint: the school is where Indy's Pierre Garcon went to ;) well there colors were pure purple and white

during our annual game there was so much purple on the field is was kinda confusing ;) purple everywhere, LOL! which is strange on a football field

after the game, we lost by a couple TDs if I remember never really close throughout the whole game, both teams lined up to do the usual good sportsmanship hand shake. I heard one of the huge defensive players on the other side of the team make a funny joke and a bunch of purple-wearing players starting laughing, then RAGING when after laughing about the purple joke, brilliant flashes of purple light beams shot out of our collective anus

rumour has it the next xbox console will not run off discs, but off flash drive memory

^ Ive never liked disks, too breakable. Flash drives have way more memory and are durable. Great idea.