• Film & TV Moderators: ghostfreak

Film The Ring

rate this film:

• [img]http://i.bluelight.ru/g//543/1star.gif[/img]

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • [img]http://i.bluelight.ru/g//543/4stars.gif[/img]

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
If u enjoyed the original jap version of The Ring...
Then check out 'The Grudge'
Made by the same people of The Ring....
Quite similar phsycological thriller...Pretty freaky
Another movie that is quite scary is 'The Eye', which is a chinese scary movie...For those who cant understand chinese...im sure there are copies with subtitles...
But might be hard to come by in ur local video store...

Out of all the three Ring movies( Ring 0, The Ring, The Ring 2)
The Ring was probably the best....the second Ring was completely crap..
Ring 0 is quite good

Bawhwhaa the grudge was actually funny. Im sorry astro boi :) We were laughing from the git - go! They used waaay too many of those "creepy child looking at you" scenes. The one when the girl lifts her covers and finds the blackened kid staring right at her is PRICELESS!!! Lol!

The Ring introduced me to the beautiful woman that is Naomi Watts. My oh my, how I'd love to spend an evening with her.

goldenbrown > That's another thing I don't like about the american version, why do the protagonist always have to be a blonde with large breasts? And what's up with the scenes from the well? Why do we have to see her fucking nipples?

It's so typical for american horrormovies, and I think it's really annoying. If I want nice chicks, I know where to find the adultmovies.

-Psyko

nipples make the movie, duh

down with gratutious nudity, really if you need it to sell a movie it isnt worth being sold

I haven't seen the original Ringu unfortunately, but I loved the English remake ... I'm never a fan of any gory, action-based horror movie, but something like this that just creeps you the hell out is its own kind of awesome.

don't watch the american remake which really can't compare to the great japanese movie. Watch the japanese version, it is terrifying and much better.

Why do lost american cineasts need to turn great stranger movies into poor imitations...
Do they really believe they are good cineasts when they take other people great ideas as it seems they don't have any, add great money to the production as it seems that's all they add to it, and the remake is not even half as good as the original movie?
Are they thinking for true that the huge money invested could ever compensate their lack of talent & imagination?
Can't they just translate the movie as everybody does everywhere else.
I defecate on these guys.

wow, I feel much better now.

I have a basic problem with the Japanese version. It's in Japanese. The subtitles which must be read, slightly distract from the viewing.... and the resulting 'tension-lag' take away from some of the scariness.

I prefer the US version...but i DID see it first ....so that makes a difference too.

^^^^
I agree with you there.

Plus, the Japanese to English translation may have extremely bad grammar

Yes, the great subtitle curse...making movies comprehensible while distracting from the imagery and acting.

I'm used to subtitles. LL sleeps and I watch tv on mute with closed captioning ;)

I agree that it takes away from the acting, though.

one of the stoopedest movies i ever saw in my life

i cant BELIEVE they made a sequal. 9 year olds everywhere are quaking in their booties.

OK, I finally saw a bootleg version of Ringu, since my local video store does not carry this version of the film.

And before I continue, I will issue a fan of the film Warning............

OK, first off.........
The American version has sooo much better thought and production going into the special effects and music.
Story wise it is about the same except the videotape for Ringu was only 2 seconds long. And the japanese words vibrating on screen to remind you of codes from the movie Matrix seemed very corny for a horror flick.

The next thing is how people classify this as a horror or thriller film.
Speaking from a horror enthusiast such as myself, I think that this film shouldn't even touch the horror shelves of video stores
Reason: People in the movie died scared stupid

Steven Spielburg's Poltergeist is definitely scarier than Japanese Ringu!
And if you want to raise it up a notch..........Disney's Something Wicked This Way Comes is probably more scarier than the Ringu Trilogy.

On the plus side, I liked what they did with her fingers. They should've at least kept that part for the American version!

The Ring?

In your opinion, is The Ring a good movie? Personally, I think it's the only American remake that's ever gone right. It's a bit disturbing in a few areas, and I'm surprised it hasn't given me nightmares. The Ring 2, however... is not a great movie, it's acceptable, but not half as good as The Ring.

If you think any American remake of a horror film has gone better, feel free to post ideas.

Sadly I do not see an option to post a poll. So just take that extra 2 seconds and type "it sucked" or "it was pretty damn good".

^ I hated both Ringu and The Ring (it scared me when I was twelve, bores the hell out of me now). Personally, I think The Grudge is the best American remake of a Japanese horror movie.

The Ring - Has no one caught this?

I swear in the beginning when Katie and Becca are conversing and Katie (Amber Tamblyn) says she "saw it with Josh last weekend", Becca says "You a ho Kelly". I'm almost 100% sure she says Kelly and not Katie. Why has no one else noticed this?