• 🇬🇧󠁿 🇸🇪 🇿🇦 🇮🇪 🇬🇭 🇩🇪 🇪🇺
    European & African
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • EADD Moderators: axe battler | Pissed_and_messed

The Recipe Thread (EADD Version)

Add a pinch of sugar to the sauce, helps the tomatoes along.
Also if you can't be bothered to make a white sauce you can use creme fraiche and milk, then just melt the cheese you're using into it.

Be good to see a piccy of the end lasagne RA :)

I brown the mince and onions and then add the crushed garlic and herbs before the tomatoes, and like Wibble use a teaspoon of sugar. Also use beef stock like knorr or oxo. Like extra mozzarella between the meat and sauce layer to for gooey-string cheesiness.

Always think lasagne is better the next day too, when it's had a chance to mature and firm up, reheat with extra cheese for yummyness. Hopefully you have leftovers to do this.

God I'm craving lasagne now %)

By the time you've read this you've probably made and eaten it :D

Nice to see this thread is still going strong. :)

I shall be attempting to make a key lime pie very soon. Well, it'll be more like a key lime cheese cake kinda thing with a meringue on top. Nom-a-nom-nom. :)

Meringue topping oh Tribal wow <3 would you have that crispy on the outside and chewy inside? or brittle or like like a fluffy cloud of meringue?

oh my oh my =D

It'd be chewy on the outside, fluffy on the inside. This sort of effort:

KeyLimePieWS02B272Ejpg.jpg

The base being made from digestive biscuits.

I'm there tribal, floating on a sugar cloud, needing tangy lime to peak and foundations of sweet biscuit baseness to land =D

Perfect.
<3

I used to make a mean lemon meringue pie in my distant baking youth. Probably did limey ones too but mostly superlemony lemon ones. With chewyfluffy meringue. Yum :)

I used to make a mean lemon meringue pie in my distant baking youth. Probably did limey ones too but mostly superlemony lemon ones. With chewyfluffy meringue. Yum :)

oh stop it hubby I'm writhing in pleasure and all this meringue talk is tipping me over the edge <3

Shizzle sticks!. I just found this recipe for pumpkin pie (another American pie I've always fancied the idea of). Just look at it's awesomeness. :D

pumpkinpie.jpg

And it has cinnamon, crushed cloves, and ginger in it.
drooling-5.gif

But where can one pur-chase canned pumpkin?. I can't say I've ever seen it.

Used to make a scrummy rum, treacle, lime and coconut cake too, Had a layer of cocunutty stuff that tasted just like a bounty bar. Was very sticky and sweet and yum :)

Had a bit of a baker boy phase once when I was in nocturnal mode and bored.

I've made that pumpkin pue twice tg, I just find pumpkin pie disappointing. If you like it it'll probably be a good recipe as all of her others tend to be.

Funny you should mention key lime pie, I was thinking of making one to finish off a roast dinner tomorrow.

Well I made this key lime pie.

I'd recommend a few changes though:

I found the idea that whipped cream could be better than meringue laughable so decided to go with a meringue topping. Just used the spare egg whites and that was enough.

It needed more lime juice, just wasn't sharp enough but still very tasty. I think the crust needs baking off maybe for 10 minutes for more crunch. I cooked it with the meringue and filling for 15 minutes at 180 and that seemed to work out fine.

Well I made this key lime pie.

I'd recommend a few changes though:

I found the idea that whipped cream could be better than meringue laughable so decided to go with a meringue topping. Just used the spare egg whites and that was enough.

It needed more lime juice, just wasn't sharp enough but still very tasty. I think the crust needs baking off maybe for 10 minutes for more crunch. I cooked it with the meringue and filling for 15 minutes at 180 and that seemed to work out fine.

Mmm, cheers for that, wibs. :)

Personally, I was looking at combining this recipe with this one.

TG's Niçoise salad (serves 2):

Just rustled this up and it was lovely. The only thing I didn't have were the green beans. Shame, cuz they do add a nice crunch to it.

20090815random0163.jpg

INGREDIENTS:
* 1 can of tuna in brine, drained
* 6-8 anchovy fillets in oil, drained
* sprinkling of capers
* salad leaves of choice (it works best with the more bitter tasting leaves imo. And if you use the ready mixed 'salad in a bag' use half a packet).
* 1 large tomato chopped into six segments (or use around six cherry tomatoes instead).
* 2 hard boiled eggs, halved
* 8 new potatoes/charlotte potatoes or something of that nature, boiled and cut in half.
* 8-10 black olives
* a good glug of vinaigrette (I cheated and got mine from Tescunts, but as long as you find one that has Dijon mustard in it it's all good in the hood).
* good ol' twist of black pepper

All in all takes about 15 mins to whip up. Definitely my favourite salad. :)

anyone got any good recipie for an omlette

never made one but going to make one for me and my bro at round six o clock

All I can say is don't add cheese. Cheese + eggs is disgusting and very greasy. Yuk. :|

Maybe add some onions, peppers, mushrooms if you like that sort of thing?

cheese omelettes are great and not greasy at all if done well. mozerella can go pretty well in them, yeah go for onions/mushrooms/peppers/chillis/chilli powder/sauce type things. could chuck in some ham or something

so ya can basically just throw in anything into them eh! would i leave the stuff in them in the pan for long or just a minute or so