The real & classic hip-hop colosseum thread v. Shady

Ah, I see y'all tryin to keep this thread fresh. Interesting works so far, i guess. But please, no more 2pac or fuckin biggie smalls or big L. I don't like stupidity, their lyrics are no different than what Vince Staples spits.

Snafu.. my boy, where's Khalifa in this thread?

can't tell if you're being serious bro - I hate khalifa with a passion and think he ruined rap :( (no offense if you like him, I just really really really hate the whole juvenile stoner mumble mentality he takes - I honestly can't even listen to his lyrics because his appearance and personality piss me off before I get to that point)

Idk, in the second reply you seem like you had a mind of our own. First of all you should know that rap is just a beat, yeah 1/2 hi hats, lyrics are universal. I heard Fat Joe a few days ago on Drink Champs when he said what he said, I will not but what I will it's also above ;P

Idk, in the second reply you seem like you had a mind of our own. First of all you should know that rap is just a beat, yeah 1/2 hi hats, lyrics are universal. I heard Fat Joe a few days ago on Drink Champs when he said what he said, I will not but what I will it's also above ;P
For me rap is all about lyrics and the beat is the cherry.

What did Fat Joe say?

See this is better but still not my style anymore.

15-20 years ago I listened to rap because it made me feel special and I thought I was a hardass

these days I listen to rap that makes me think, gets my brain moving and is in whatever way inspiration

What I'm trying to say, I guess, is that if the rappers need to rent cars and women and look as cool as fucking possible in their video - well, I tend to frown upon that now

I don't try to be cool like that anymore and realized the futility and silliness in all that.

But don't misunderstand me I'm not throwing shade on anyone here, I'm just describing what formed my own taste in rap over the many years.