• N&PD Moderators: Skorpio | thegreenhand

The orange California poppy is a true narcotic

California poppy definitely has narcotic effects but they are not euphoric or enjoyable like the opium poppy in my experience. When I took california poppy I just felt sedated but it was not a particularly pleasant sedation, not reinforcing, although as always there are some people who might like it. I would not say it has much potential for recreational use, the average person is unlikely to be impressed by it.

i do not see that mulungu anywhere in health stores. where do you buy yours from? and is it just sedative or does it feel like a narcotic? im more interested in its narcotic abilities
A one time oppurtunity my back the standard vendor of Kratom, who went bankrupt due to Britain's tax system. He offered extract as well as shredded bark.

Never sought it after that, so no clue on the availability.

Health stores usually don't sell the good thingies. At least here in Mexico and was similar in Europe (w/ exception of the Netherlands, but still bad quality overpriced shit) ... I expected more from a country where Peyote and stuff is available but it's all hidden, guess due to pressure of USA ... source off the internet :) don't know about importation/custom rules though, in Europe most things pass (but you get a fine when not..)
Thank's, so were are a specialty in obscure natural drug's.

Never got a fine or a package that didn't arrive.

Maybe like mex apfter meph. Whos gon prove its not poppy

California poppy definitely has narcotic effects but they are not euphoric or enjoyable like the opium poppy in my experience. When I took california poppy I just felt sedated but it was not a particularly pleasant sedation, not reinforcing, although as always there are some people who might like it. I would not say it has much potential for recreational use, the average person is unlikely to be impressed by it.

ok but just like a lot of things out there, there is synergy. perhaps mixing with other things, being your own chemist, is whats going to bring out all the FLAVORS??

what part of the california poppy are people taking?

Well, like most flowers, the California poppy has several parts, the flower, the stems, the leaves, the roots, etc.
Different parts of a plant can contain different substances in different amounts. e.g. in Cannabis spp. the unfertilized female flowers contain the most THC/CBD, and the leaves/stems contain much less.

Are people using the juice of the whole plant? Freeze dried flower capsules? I'm curious.

im not sure. ive only used this in europe as supplement, made in france. and yeah, i got quite the sedation from it. it was mixed with something else though i do not recall. but it felt like a benzo with higher amount without the addictive properties, at least for me

California poppy is mildly relaxing, but it's subtle and even possibly placebo (I've attempted it on a number of occasions, way back in college when I hadn't really done many drugs, I thought it did something then but even then I wasn't sure... I also have tried it to see if it helped take the edge off opiate withdrawal and again, possibly just a little bit). It's certainly no "true narcotic" and I wouldn't even call it a drug... definitely not a recreational drug. It's more on par with herbal supplements.

so why is nobody trying this again and report? it doesnt have any history of use among americans at all. now that i brought it up, people should look into it and try and report, ok thanks!

Last edited by a moderator: