• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids The Opioid Withdrawal Megathread and FAQ

I hate to butt in on the thread but I tried to go cold turkey Sunday and it was just so horrible I couldn't take it....I also tried to jump off of a 5 bag a day habit to one, so I'm checking out this kratom stuff to im hoping it helps like every one says...I'm going to try to ween myself off to so the jump offs not so bad any advice would be appreciated thanks

^^ Sounds like awesome tapering techniques so far ! ♡ @Heero77
Stay awesome.
Take the levels down slow. Like reverse scuba dives. And you will do it.

^^ Sounds like awesome tapering techniques so far ! ♡ @Heero77
Stay awesome.
Take the levels down slow. Like reverse scuba dives. And you will do it.
Yea last time I quit it was just a bag a day habit so it was bad but not like how this was I had 40 mg of oxy that I took after my last does and it dident hold me at all.... was going to then jump to gabapentin but yea I relapse before I could.

But I always heard kratom helps but I dident realize it was legal and easy to get so once I get my habit down I'm going to go cold turkey and hopefully the gabbys and kratom will help I really just need to get past the first/2nd day and I'll be fine, it's just the mental part for the first and 2nd day that is the worse for me hopefully this kratom and the gabbys help as much as I hear they do

Yea last time I quit it was just a bag a day habit so it was bad but not like how this was I had 40 mg of oxy that I took after my last does and it dident hold me at all.... was going to then jump to gabapentin but yea I relapse before I could.

But I always heard kratom helps but I dident realize it was legal and easy to get so once I get my habit down I'm going to go cold turkey and hopefully the gabbys and kratom will help I really just need to get past the first/2nd day and I'll be fine, it's just the mental part for the first and 2nd day that is the worse for me hopefully this kratom and the gabbys help as much as I hear they do
In this case and Yes !
Kratom will at least help. And significantly at times like these with greatness.

Go down slowly but sensibly. DO NOT harm yourself! Especially when YOU DON'T HAVE TO !!!

Decrease your doses and this will help so much and is the better way. And the LESS HARMFUL. 👍🏼🖤 And most sensible imo always.

And keep on making an effort. It is better that no effort at all !

Hi all, I’ve been addicted to DHC/Codeine for a couple of years. Getting up to some big doses. I’ve fast tapered down somewhat, and now got Covid - which I expect to be mild. One of the reasons I’ve struggled to get off before, is that I have to be functional for work and home.

I’m thinking I could use the cover of covid, play up the effects a bit, and get through withdrawals… without anyone really realising.

Anyone done this with any success?

Alright…. Stupid question… but, I’ve been on OxyContin and Oxycodone for about 8 years. Ran totally out this weekend. Went about 30 hours thru the joyful hell of withdrawals. Friend gave me 25mg of suboxone. Question is…. How long should I wait to continue with my normal Oxy regime? They are prescribed because of my spinal disability.

Hi all, I’ve been addicted to DHC/Codeine for a couple of years. Getting up to some big doses. I’ve fast tapered down somewhat, and now got Covid - which I expect to be mild. One of the reasons I’ve struggled to get off before, is that I have to be functional for work and home.

I’m thinking I could use the cover of covid, play up the effects a bit, and get through withdrawals… without anyone really realising.

Anyone done this with any success?
To anyone interested…

This worked. I bought a load of Lyrica and Gabapentin and spent a well quite intoxicated, under the cover of Covid. The Lyrica and Gaba totally removed any withdrawal symptoms (was only a DHC addiction, but high dose.)

Problem is, as I come out of this, I have to deal with my poly addiction. I want to take something every day. Now considering cycling DHC with Lyrica and maybe Tramadol. Maybe mixed with the odd day of where I just have a few beers. I don’t need anyone to tell me it’s just a slippery slope though.

I will try to use exercise to counter this to some degree. Although - I got a bit addicted to running with a DHC high…which I’d like to get back.

Hmm - it’s just a problem with me. I need something every day. If it’s not drugs, I start thinking about having affairs.

Am a working, senior manager professional at a big firm, so have everything on track… Aside from this dark secret.

hello together,

I've been in substitution since 2013, since 2016 on 800 mg substitol before that on polamidone 10 ml.. but for about 5 months I've been consuming 400 mg of it i.v. the problem is that I have this i.v. wants to stop consumption but the withdrawal is already severe alone when I always wake up at around 5 a.m. and need my next shot i have a big problem now the first 200mg i shot at 6pm and then i wake up at 5am and i cant sleep anymore i need my next shot i want to stop but its really heavy when i just take all 4 x 200mg with water its a heavy withdrawal at about 4am i starts so i think it will be not easy to stopp the i.v. consum
can someone give me a tip on how best to switch it back to normal consumption

thanks

hello together,

I've been in substitution since 2013, since 2016 on 800 mg substitol before that on polamidone 10 ml.. but for about 5 months I've been consuming 400 mg of it i.v. the problem is that I have this i.v. wants to stop consumption but the withdrawal is already severe alone when I always wake up at around 5 a.m. and need my next shot i have a big problem now the first 200mg i shot at 6pm and then i wake up at 5am and i cant sleep anymore i need my next shot i want to stop but its really heavy when i just take all 4 x 200mg with water its a heavy withdrawal at about 4am i starts so i think it will be not easy to stopp the i.v. consum
can someone give me a tip on how best to switch it back to normal consumption

thanks
There's no easy way to do it. By shooting half of it, you've essentially doubled your total daily morphine dose (IV is 3x stronger vs. PO, so your dose now is really 400+1200=1600mg vs. 400+400=800mg). Unless you can get another 400-600mg a day, some withdrawal seems hard to avoid.

As far as minimizing it, tapering seems like the obvious strategy, in one form or another. You could try gradually lowering the amount you IV by reducing the size of each shot (e.g. 2x IV [150], 2x PO [250]) and then swapping out shots (e.g. 1x IV+3x PO). You might also consider breaking up the oral doses into more frequent smaller doses (e.g. 1x IV [100] + 4x PO [2x200, 2x150]).

If you can get your hands on them, certain other medications could be helpful, mainly as an adjunct to the taper, not a replacement for it. The classic all-purpose "comfort meds" that come to mind are clonidine/tizanidine and pregabalin/gabapentin, since they help with a lot of different symptoms. Benzos pose their own issues but can help with sleep; sedating antihistamines can, too.

Otherwise, is there a chance you could switch over to Polamidon again with a new provider who would start you at a higher dose rather than the equivalent of 800mg Substitol?

This shit substitol gives horrendous withdrawls.Two weeks hell.H is one.This stuff is fully synthetic for me.Actually I think,that old plain morphine hcl solution is made from opium....and withdrawl from this it is shorter and milder than Mst-s,substitols,capanols,doltards and so on

hey @JTemperance and @Nas47

first thanks for your quick feedback!!

You are totally right nas this substitol stuff is heavy and once i had a problem with the time to get to my doctor so i run out for one night without my 800mg
that night was already really hardcore and ... like i wrote i wake up at 5am and my boddy wants the i.v shoot from 200mg ... and jptemperance .. i dont want back to polamidon
i might try this way you wrote me i go down slowly and i have only take home for 3 days the other days i always take 2 under my lips and then i take it out one good point at the pandemic
is the mask you know what mean ;)

all the best

takecare

Well I'm going through it again. It's never easy. Snorted some decent h for weeks. And yes it is h, not fent. Last bump was at 2:30 a.m., it's 8:16 a.m. right now. Prior to the 2:30 a.m. bump, I had passed out and it had been 9:00 p.m. which I wish could be my start time.

Starting to feel it and I've already cried once which was totally unnecessary. Feel a little bit warm but I hate waiting. I have to wait till I'm at a certain State before I can take the bupe. I've got plenty of that and since I have to work Monday I've got to jump on that over the weekend.

That's just so challenging and I don't know why I keep going through this. Well I do, I'm an idiot. I hate being on buprenorphine but it's got to be done.
Luckily I do have some gabapentin but I'm not the biggest fan of it. And I've never taken enough to have it really really help. I just took 600mg about a half hour ago. I know you're supposed to take them like 200 mg at a time and keep waiting a half hour but I'm not doing that anymore. Probably will take another 400 mg here soon and hopefully it'll be kicking in as the withdrawal starts ramping up.

Last time I switched to bupe after 16 hours abstaining. I calculated my cows score which was between a 10 and a 12 depending on how I classified certain things, and I made sure to air on the side of caution and not add points that weren't real. And although some misery, I was able to jump to the bupe successfully. So I have to go another 12 hours before I can even think about it. It sucks I'm already stressing out over it and I wanted to get more rest.
My mind is already thinking about going to the bank and doing something dumb. I applied for a new job that could be a big opportunity and I really need to get off all this completely.
Well I can feel my stomach rumbling so better go to the bathroom and see what I can shit out. At least I have a good day so that's fucking great for withdrawal. I can't believe that going a day or part of a day is so difficult now that I'm stressing so much when I know that I have plenty of bupe to help and I've got tons of gabas. Well not tons but enough to get me through today.
I dunno sometimes it feels good to type this stuff out.

Well I'm going through it again. It's never easy. Snorted some decent h for weeks. And yes it is h, not fent. Last bump was at 2:30 a.m., it's 8:16 a.m. right now. Prior to the 2:30 a.m. bump, I had passed out and it had been 9:00 p.m. which I wish could be my start time.

Starting to feel it and I've already cried once which was totally unnecessary. Feel a little bit warm but I hate waiting. I have to wait till I'm at a certain State before I can take the bupe. I've got plenty of that and since I have to work Monday I've got to jump on that over the weekend.

That's just so challenging and I don't know why I keep going through this. Well I do, I'm an idiot. I hate being on buprenorphine but it's got to be done.
Luckily I do have some gabapentin but I'm not the biggest fan of it. And I've never taken enough to have it really really help. I just took 600mg about a half hour ago. I know you're supposed to take them like 200 mg at a time and keep waiting a half hour but I'm not doing that anymore. Probably will take another 400 mg here soon and hopefully it'll be kicking in as the withdrawal starts ramping up.

Last time I switched to bupe after 16 hours abstaining. I calculated my cows score which was between a 10 and a 12 depending on how I classified certain things, and I made sure to air on the side of caution and not add points that weren't real. And although some misery, I was able to jump to the bupe successfully. So I have to go another 12 hours before I can even think about it. It sucks I'm already stressing out over it and I wanted to get more rest.
My mind is already thinking about going to the bank and doing something dumb. I applied for a new job that could be a big opportunity and I really need to get off all this completely.
Well I can feel my stomach rumbling so better go to the bathroom and see what I can shit out. At least I have a good day so that's fucking great for withdrawal. I can't believe that going a day or part of a day is so difficult now that I'm stressing so much when I know that I have plenty of bupe to help and I've got tons of gabas. Well not tons but enough to get me through today.
I dunno sometimes it feels good to type this stuff out.
Thats manybpeople do it.Taking bupre,than scoring h,wait and introduce to bupe again.I don:t know why this is common,beside than you can't get much of bupe like rush,euphoria..etc. and looking for full agonist.Never tried it,but it probably sucks,cause you gonna wait after to not goin in PW

Well I think the 600 mg of gabapentin is helping. Going to take some more preemptively cuz I know it's going to start wearing off and the negative effects are only going to increase as time goes on.

Made it to day three. I'm taking a lot of suboxone, like 24 migs a day but at least I'm not doin dope. I inducted on to the subs way earlier than i ever have. It was at the 14 hour mark. I think the gabapentin was skewing my cows score big time. If I was pushing the answers, so to speak, I could hit a cows score of 9. But being more honest, it was a five or a six. But that's actually when you can start inducting, or so I've read. I'm still not doing so good but at least the Suboxone is helping. I hate being on Suboxone for the main reason that it kills my sex drive. I was so bummed when I discovered that that was a side effect because one of the best parts of getting clean off of opioids is getting your sex drive back. Testosterone really does help. But for now I'm going to trust in the subs and try to reduce my dose starting tomorrow and just taper down. From experience, it becomes difficult when I get down to about 4 mg a day. So once I reach that, I'm not going to force the issue, I'm just going to stay there and keep on keeping on. In the past I would do subs for 2 weeks and then jump to kratom. So I don't know what I'm going to do this time. I wish I had not screwed this up. I took 3 weeks off work around Christmas and I just blew it man. *Sigh*

Made it to day three. I'm taking a lot of suboxone, like 24 migs a day but at least I'm not doin dope. I inducted on to the subs way earlier than i ever have. It was at the 14 hour mark. I think the gabapentin was skewing my cows score big time. If I was pushing the answers, so to speak, I could hit a cows score of 9. But being more honest, it was a five or a six. But that's actually when you can start inducting, or so I've read. I'm still not doing so good but at least the Suboxone is helping. I hate being on Suboxone for the main reason that it kills my sex drive. I was so bummed when I discovered that that was a side effect because one of the best parts of getting clean off of opioids is getting your sex drive back. Testosterone really does help. But for now I'm going to trust in the subs and try to reduce my dose starting tomorrow and just taper down. From experience, it becomes difficult when I get down to about 4 mg a day. So once I reach that, I'm not going to force the issue, I'm just going to stay there and keep on keeping on. In the past I would do subs for 2 weeks and then jump to kratom. So I don't know what I'm going to do this time. I wish I had not screwed this up. I took 3 weeks off work around Christmas and I just blew it man. *Sigh*
It kills sex drive indeed.All of the opie at some point do it,but with subs is very pronounced,cause effect is not so strong like full agonists-you feel normal,but the desire is gone....or at least is not strong.Performance is OK,have not problem with erection,ejaculation is postponed,just need more time to get excited.Never tried anabols.Qutting pro sport shortly before they gotta pumping our team.That was a reasone to quitt,cause at that time I was strongly against any chemicals.What an irony....year later I was on H

Just to be clear for anyone reading, I just meant the natural testosterone rebound effect, not taking any exogenous androgens. Today I did 32 migs, so that kind of sucks but I think I can cut down pretty rapidly here soon. I just need one good night's rest, even if it's shitty Benadryl sleep or crazy dream baclofen/gabapentin sleep, any sleep just helps so much.

Day 4, 12mg so far, but I took 400mg gabapentin and I think it's really helping the edgy anxietyness of the wd. Aiming for 24mg max today or maybe 20mg. Gotta try to push myself a little to lower it and not just take it cuz I think I need it.

i started to minimize my i.v consumption from my substitut substitol morphin 200mg ... now i am on 2 x 200mg via water and 2 x 180 i.v. and the rest i take with water
but its really not easy and i need to make this creep out really slow and my goal is all 800mg daily with water no more i.v. but its really hard cause 200mg i.v. is like 400mg normal way

all the best