View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

The Old Big & Dandy 2C-I Thread and Scraps

MagicalDemoticVenTOP said:
Got one question

How many tablespoons would equal 20mgs.....?

and anyone ever enjoy smokeing/snorting....

I hear it's better oral and have heard very little ,about alternative routes of admission

If you have a known starting quantity of a substance, you can dissolve that amount in something like vodka. So say you have 250 mg of substance X, you then dissolve it into 250 ml of vodka. Make sure it all dissolves. Then you can measure out a teaspoon, which is about 5 ml. In this example then, 5ml would be equal to 5mg, since we had a 1:1 ratio between substance X and the vodka.

But there is always the concern that your starting amount, even though labeled as being a certain weight, is actually more or less. Many folks have stated that certain vendors have been a bit less than accurate.

A scale certainly is the safest way for sure though.

But there is always the concern that your starting amount, even though labeled as being a certain weight, is actually more or less. Many folks have stated that certain vendors have been a bit less than accurate.

that's why i'm trying to estimate how much powder is 20mgs

if i do that method and let's say it's 50-100mgs off then i'll have some serious problems (unless it's below then i'll just get weak trips)

This product is active at low doses and i don't want to risk death (that's why i'm asking)

btw, i haven't got it yet but it should be here in the next few days. I'm trying to figure out as much as i can before it comes in. So when it comes in i can endugle with care. :)

I've kept my stuff real dry and dark, but it's been quite a long time and either it's the tolerance or the stuff is disintegrating. Anyone know if 2c-i will oxidize?

Most things will oxidize, and nobody can give you a specific answer. Cool, completely dry and out of light, the stuff should seeming last years.

I have NO basis to base that former statement on, just what I've read here + opinion.

Holy jesus dude. Tablespoons? If i gave you 10 mg of 2c-i in a little weed baggie and told you it was gonna make you trip for 6 hours, you would laugh at me. Its a seriously small amount. Im trying to think of some sort of size reference. But you should seriously just buy the Gempro 50 or the tanita 1210. The 1210 is better, but a little more pricey. 20 mgs of 2c-i is seriously like 1/4 inch square laid completely flat, not piled up. Its small dude. Get a scale.

Holy jesus dude. Tablespoons? If i gave you 10 mg of 2c-i in a little weed baggie and told you it was gonna make you trip for 6 hours, you would laugh at me. Its a seriously small amount. Im trying to think of some sort of size reference. But you should seriously just buy the Gempro 50 or the tanita 1210. The 1210 is better, but a little more pricey. 20 mgs of 2c-i is seriously like 1/4 inch square laid completely flat, not piled up. Its small dude. Get a scale.

I think he disolved it in water and is measuring tablespoons of water. I'm not sure how many ml/tbs, look it up on the net.

By the way, has anyone ever did this with a maoi, or after having recently stopped using maois? I found a few reports that said 2c-b could be combined with moclobemide with varying results.

By the way, has anyone ever did this with a maoi, or after having recently stopped using maois? I found a few reports that said 2c-b could be combined with moclobemide with varying results.

StagnantReaction said:
20mg is about the size of a pencil tip IMO.
This is retarded. You cannot eyeball these extremely potent substances. The ONLY way to know you have 20mg is a scale.

I tried a cap last night containing what I was told was 20mg. (yes, I'm an idiot for not measuring, but it was a gift) I had a blast, although it was rather on the intense side (in a nice way, surprising since I haven't enjoyed psychadelics in a long time).

Now the question is what to do with the second cap. My boyfriend has dibs on it, but was thinking of knocking some of the powder out before taking it. Is it worth trying to snort around 5mg (this is going to be eyeballed out of the cap)?

I do not suggest taking merely 5mg for a dose. Anything above 10mg is recommended because the positive effects don't manifest well below that dose. And personally, I would never let that powder touch my nose.

Maybe if you both split the cap and smoke a lot of MJ..

I personally need a lot nore. But always be careful when snorting research chemicals. But like its said expact you to start your trip crying, with a red face, and well, in pain. It just doesn't feel right snorted.

julinka said:

Now the question is what to do with the second cap. My boyfriend has dibs on it, but was thinking of knocking some of the powder out before taking it. Is it worth trying to snort around 5mg (this is going to be eyeballed out of the cap)?

My suggestion would be to split it and each put 10mg under your tongue instead of swallowing it. I find that 15mg taken this way is just as rewarding as swallowing 30mg and it reduces some of the side effects. This seems to completely elimenate nausea and reduces the headache I get at the end. Its also nice that the trip starts in 20-30 minutes instead of having to wait an hour or more. The only down side is that the peak is shorter, maby 2/3(around 3 hours) of what a larger oral dose would be.

You might do even better to dump the contents of the cap into a shot of vodka, let it dissolve, and then divvy up the shot in whatever proportion you want. And then hold the alcohol in your mouth to let it absorb via the vein under your tongue. It will make it absorb a bit more readily, and it is easier to hold the vodka shot in your mouth than the powder, for me anyhow.

Ended up splitting it, I got roughly 1/3 of a "20mg" cap (and put it under my tongue - not to horrible on the taste). It was pleasant, kinda euphoric with minor visuals. At that dose I would be able to have a good time out somewhere.

My boyfriend ate the rest of it, and said he had a decent time, but not a full trip (he's on Effexor, probably blocked some of the effects).

Thanks for the good advice.

2x20mg caps + 2 high dose mdma pills is a bit of a mindfuck.. heh. It was only my 4th experience with 2ci, although i was introduced to it with via a 20-25mg cap and had the time of my life, 40mg and the pills was a little harsher than expected. There wasnt any extra visuals IMO, but the visuals i did get were more pronounced and "exact" i guess you could say.. The main thing that got to me was the constant random twitches i was getting.. ranging from a finger twitch to a full body jump.. Bizarre as it was i got really annoyed and found myself walking around and moving to try and prevent the twitches that would still happen anyway.. Its hard to put into words how it really was.. Kinda like trying to explain a DMT trip.. heh, only way i could describe it was "having your body feel like cement and jelly at the same time" ..

/end ramble.

I did not find any reports of doses below 10 mgs. What are the doses for most of you people, where the visuals start to be more than mere ripple or slightly intensified colors? What are the mental effects like when strong visual effects are noticeable?