• SPORTS
    AND
    GAMING
  • Sports & Gaming Moderators: ghostfreak

The Official 2012 NFL Thread v. All aboard the Kaepernick bandwagon!

Status
Not open for further replies.
change 'game' to 'past ten years' and you can get a whiff of my world

my own mother asked me after yesterdays loss why i would hang on to a team like the rams for so long and havn't i ever considered getting a new team

i snapped back, and raised my voice with a 'no, don't talk to me', and stormed out

cause i'm classy lol

anyone who switches their favorite team shouldnt be allowed to watch football

I cant even explain how happy I am about this game. Kaepernick...... looks like the future. No turnovers against the Bears is quite the feat. Great team win.

Alex Smith looked kinda sad on the sideline.

I cant even explain how happy I am about this game. Kaepernick...... looks like the future. No turnovers against the Bears is quite the feat. Great team win.

Alex Smith looked kinda sad on the sideline.

The look of a starting QB's acknowledgement of his time is passing soon...

Tonight was probably the worst nightmare," quarterback Jason Campbell said after the game.

Mmmmm, tears of unfathomable sadness.

Oh and Aldon Smith is a beast. He should be the favorite for DPOTY right now.

Well Care since you are a 49er's fan I have to ask.....

Would you like to see Smith or Kaepernick start next week?

After tonight I have to admit I would be excited to see Kaepernick play, especially against a defense like the Saints next week.

Lets not forget though, Smith has had some games recently where he has been equally on fire.

Smith definitely doesnt have the arm strength or legs or athletic ability of Kaep though... I actually saw Kaepernick play in college, he led Nevada to an absolute smackdown over my school a few years ago. I was excited when they drafted him last year, but I didnt think he would be as accurate a passer this fast. Have to credit the 49ers O-line...... they are the best in the business.

Harbaugh has to be in the running for coach of the year again this year, I think he has had a big hand in the success of both Smith and Kaepernick.

He is going to be 3rd string behind Brady Quinn? :p

I dont get all the Smith haters.... he is 27 of 30 with over 300 yards in his last two games against good defenses, and one of the top rated passers in the league (3rd i believe). The fact that he was #1 overall and considered a bust early in his career will never leave him I guess.

I thought kaepernick was the future even before last night, and even more so today, but please stop all the Alex Smith hate, he's been a good player for a couple years now.

I dont get all the Smith haters.... he is 27 of 30 with over 300 yards in his last two games against good defenses, and one of the top rated passers in the league (3rd i believe). The fact that he was #1 overall and considered a bust early in his career will never leave him I guess.

I thought kaepernick was the future even before last night, and even more so today, but please stop all the Alex Smith hate, he's been a good player for a couple years now.

I dont hate the guy at all but he is noticeably....average. I've been listening to bay area sportstalk all morning and some make the same argument you do. Others say those numbers (Smith's) are because conservative passing play calls are in for him. Meanwhile, Kaepernick starts and is throwing darts short, medium, and long. Something Smith has shown an inability to do on a consistent basis. The best caller said the Niners looked "explosive" with Kaepernick in there and they really did. However, I dont see Harbaugh rocking the boat when there is no real reason to do so. And Kaepernick AT NO would be significantly more difficult (road game, hostile environment, HAVE to score TDs) for him than another at home. You never know though and I do not question Harbaugh's judgment until he really fouls up something. And that is one thing he has yet to do either at SF or Stanford (Right Pete Carroll?).

^ I forgot what receiver said it, but one of them was saying how they have to adjust to Kaepernicks faster passes. That was evident with that pass that bounced off of Randy Moss' hands. I agree with your first sentence too. He's good, but nobody wants to see average.

I agree with the analysts that say that Alex Smith is more of a game manager than he is a real threat at the QB position. The only time that they let him throw the ball more than 25 times he had 3 interceptions. If the running game isn't there you can't count on him carrying the team.

In last nights game Kaepernick had the same amount of passing attempts that Alex Smith has averaged this season, and he had 2 TD's and 0 Int's, and his passes averaged 3 yards more than Smith's. The other reason why I think he is better for the team is that they really seemed to rally around him. The offense showed the type of energy and confidence that their defense shows, which is saying a lot.

Harbaugh has said that he's going with the 'hot hand' at QB next game, so I guess this weeks practice will decide who gets the start. If Kaepernick becomes the starter I might actually become a 49ers fan because that dude looks pretty badass with all that ink and being a tall guy (I was surprised to see that Alex Smith is just as tall as him, but Kaepernick has him on weight) so he's someone I would like to have on my side in a fight.

rams tied that team that skull fucked the premier team in the nfl

fuck this rollercoaster i aint tall enough and want off, now

image.png

Last edited:
lmao

Im so glad that we're arguing about which elite level QB the 49ers should start...... not a problem the 49ers have had since montana/young.

Also something to be excited about, Kaepernick has wheels! He may be the best running QB in the league (maybe behind RG3 or Newton). The times he played earlier in the season there were at least 3 or 4 times where it was a passing play, nothing was there, so he runs and gets 15+ yards.

Ill be ok with whoever Harbaugh chooses though. Dude knows a thing or two about quarterbacking.

lmao

Im so glad that we're arguing about which elite level QB the 49ers should start...... not a problem the 49ers have had since montana/young

The only laughing matter in your post is the 'elte level QB' remark. What exactly does that mean, that Smith has had a high QBR this season compared to his low QBR from all other seasons? If you are going by QBR, well that's not really a good measurement of an elite QB. Look at Eli Manning for example. He's usually always outside of the top 10 QBR rankings, and he has certainly proven himself to be elite.

An elite QB can carry his team, and I think everyone knows that Alex Smith can't do that. Like when an elite QB is in the shotgun or drops back for a pass, you get excited and know that he can do a number of things, including make a big play. That's not the case with Alex Smith. He is boring to watch, and is just a game manager as I've said before. If your team is down by a few TD's going into the 4th quarter, Alex Smith isn't a name that would come into my head when thinking of what QB I would want in that situation.

If he was on a team with a shitty running game and a spotty O-Line then he would be garbage. I think that he's on the same level as Marc Sanchez. He's not mentally tough, it's easy to get in his head, and when the game is on the line he's not someone that I would want running the offense. I think the 49ers offense was so pumped up the other night because they want Kaepernick to start of Smith, so they were all playing their hardest so he could look his best and win the starting job.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.