• SPORTS
    AND
    GAMING
  • Sports & Gaming Moderators: ghostfreak

the official 2011-12 college football thread! part 1 ver. WHERE IS SMOTPOKER??

Status
Not open for further replies.
I feel like one could simply blindly point to either LSU or Bama, and predict them to be the winner, and they would have as good as a shot as any big-time talking head's prediction. both teams are equally punishing. I like LSU's defense better, but I think Bama has a better run game in Heisman hopeful Trent Richardson. my brain is predicting Bama for the win, due to them having the slight edge of home-field advantage. however, my heart is predicting LSU for the win, due to the amazing scoring potential of that Tigers defense. I suppose I will officially go for LSU, even though I should hate the Tigers with all of my existence (due to them besting tOSU in that Nat'l Title Game when they shouldn't have even been there and due to Les Miles hailing from Michigan)

Nick Saban is rooted in Ohio, and he coaches footbaw like a true Ohio playa

I can say this: enjoy this seminal in-conference #1 VS #2 match-up. again, when Michigan was #2 and visiting a #1 Ohio State, it was the most memorable nights of my life - seeing Troy "Pimp" Smith toss up four TDs ftw

well spank my ass and call me morgana because what the actual fuck, ***? eat shit. tomorrow is the national championship game and instead of being a real fucking red blooded american male and watching it with us you're too busy getting fucked up the ass by alasdair. i have half a mind to question your southern pedigree because unlike the rest of us, you don't root for the south against the north out of the goodness of your stars and bars crossed heart, but because you have because of some computer. die in a god damned fire.

i'm so excited about this game i could fucking piss my pants. i want to hear the screams of pain from tuscaloosa all the way up here. i want to taste fucking blood. some kid is going to die tomorrow night, and for the love of god let it be some bama player. but not trent richardson because i want him to be drafted to somewhere good. but anyone else.

"but not Trent Richardson because I want him to be drafted somewhere good"

this is WHY ya'll don't have a REAL rivalry down there, with any teams! such a heap of horseshit! I could never, in any state of mind, root for a Michigan player to be drafted somewhere good. I WANT ALL scUM PLAYERS TO DIE IN A FIRE OF BUCKEYES + GASOLINE

in other words, I want them all to be drafted by the Browns

"but not Trent Richardson because I want him to be drafted somewhere good"

this is WHY ya'll don't have a REAL rivalry down there, with any teams! such a heap of horseshit! I could never, in any state of mind, root for a Michigan player to be drafted somewhere good. I WANT ALL scUM PLAYERS TO DIE IN A FIRE OF BUCKEYES + GASOLINE

in other words, I want them all to be drafted by the Browns

trent richardson might end up on the steelers team, and then what? or the saints, with the other bama player, mark ingram, who i love deeply as a saint. i'm adult enough to recognize talent, and the kid fucking has it. (why am i saying kid when they are all my age?) i hate alabama to the tips of my toes, but never fear, i wish death only on those that aren't gonna make it anyway.

Am I the only person here who will not be watching LSU@BAMA as their primary (night) game? Arrrg I can only be happy we start 45 mins before and hope we put together some more 97 yard 11 minute drives.

And yes it is a little too much to root against a player after college, unless he's just a douche and all. I hated Julio Jones at Bama, but will be rooting for him on the Falcons.

that is why you guys will never understand The Game, Ohio State VS Michigan. the hatred flows deep

Chad Henne is still a bitch, imo

and all you SEC-fags need to just hold hands or something. or go root for the Carolina Panthers lolol

dude is you crazy? football runs deep in the south son. how many down south rivalry games you been to?

zero because he's a candy-ass.

Some georgia fan took a leak in a gator's convertable porche last cocktail party, IIRC. There have been jars of urine hurled at fans in the swamp. Little kids from louisana will run over to your tailgate, kick your shit over and yell tigerbait.

The backup QB from tennessee got killed when he tried to party in athens after a victory there back when i was attending. Enjoy your rustbelt bromance, fellas.

^Now that is fanaticism.

I love it when opposing fans fight in the stands and everyone cheers on the dude repping their team, like a little mini-game within the game.

Hell they don't even have highs chool spring practice up north because it "might interefere with other sports." Kids trying to make it to the NFL one day have to hire personal trainers and shit. Now they might have better overall highs chool/college athletics up there (see Ohio wrestling), but football is king 'round these parts.

damn, Indiana is playing their ass off against the Buckeyes. but, in the second half it looks like Ohio State is taking over. that's problem with such a young team (on every side of the ball). a little bit inconsistent

and hot damn, it seems like every decent Indiana player hails from the State of Ohio (many are actually from my beautiful home-town of Columbus, Oh)

one can tell that these former Ohio players get up against the Buckeyes, most especially when they're playing at the Horseshoe. why? because they have a little chip on their shoulder that their team they grew up with passed them on a chance to recruit them. they usually play with a little fire that will carry them for a couple quarters. I would be pissed too, with a dominant NCAA program thinking that you as a player are second-tier

Braxton Miller's 3rd-and-long QB draw for an 80+ yard TD was such a beautiful play. will be seeing that on SportsCenter

so... anybody who hasn't commented... Bama or LSU?

gophers beat iowa last week, blew my mind

now?

up 24-21 @ michigan state

what the fuck is going on here :)

did Minny win? that would be a big day in the Big Ten for China Rider, a loyal fan

I'm glad the Buckeyes dominated in the second half. Indiana tried for a half, I will give that to them. Braxton Miller looked better than Terrelle Pryor in a QB draw on 3rd-and-long for 80+ yards for a TD. hilariously enough, the hated play of the QB draw, has become an easy touchdown and a favorite play of many in Buckeye Nation

and Florida is struggling with Vanderbilt, haha

where even is TheLoveBandit? is he one of them Florida fans who just got up enough when Tim Tebow was peaking in his four years? (he most Christiantly stayed in college for all four years)

That Florida Vandy game had me screaming obsceneties Vandy should have won that game stupid penalties just killed them. The ending of the Michigan Iowa game was pretty exciting I really cant believe Denard robinson didnt pull it out but credit Iowas secondary they held it down when it counted. I already have butterflys for the Bama game tonight we have to win just have to Les Miles just scares me never know what hes gonna do. It should be a good one Roll tide!!!

wow just saw that texas tech came from way behind to beat texas I wish that had been televised where I live.

That TD call at the end of the Mighigan vs Iowa game was definitely wrong. It was clearly a TD catch. Neither team was really playing that well though, so whatever I guess...

Iowa is a bad footbaw team. I didn't see a lick of the Michigan VS Iowa game, as I was submerged in the Big Ten Network's coverage of tOSU/Indiana and highlights of their other game, MSU/Minnesota

it feels so good to see Michigan hitting the valley of their season (yet again when they are in the meat of their schedule) as the Buckeyes are currently peaking at the right time (after the toughest part of their schedule)

Michigan finally has hope at home, this season against Ohio State

it will feel that much more orgasmic to see the Buckeyes crush them then, in the Big House. just hope our true freshman QB is up to it. that place is an over-grown Toilet Bowl

well the SEC has all the big games tonight -- South Carolina v Arkansas and LSU v Bama. I'm terribly excited! ihadsguhfdsgjdfbgjkfg!!!!

That Florida Vandy game had me screaming obsceneties Vandy should have won that game stupid penalties just killed them....

wow just saw that texas tech came from way behind to beat texas I wish that had been televised where I live.

Vandy might have a breakout year next year (well a breakout year for Vandy standards). Head coach Franklin has them boys ready to play! If he keeps it up, hell I wouldn't mind him coming to USCe in a few years when Spurrier retires, but we should be able to pull in a big name coach anyways...Spurs ain't gonna want us to decline after he leaves, and our athletic director is great. The clout in the South of Spurs and our AD combined will keep us dominant in the division for years to come IMO.

and Florida is struggling with Vanderbilt, haha
Did you not realize that Florida sucks balls this year and Vandy has been looking pretty good against teams that should dominate them? The only teams who have really dominated Vanderbilt is Alabama and USCe. Their QB is the brother of Aaron Rodgers. I know Vandy fans wish he had been the starting QB all year.

UGA struggled with Vandy the whole game and Vandy should have beaten Arkansas, but had an epic meltdown in the fourth quarter. Arky ended up winning 31-28.

Texas won that game 52-20 against Ttech...maybe you are confusing that game with another one?

What about Kentucky about to beat Ole Miss? I expected Ole Miss to win that if only for the fact that Kentucky has looked horrid all year. Big Blue came to play for that one, and their new starting QB looks like a good'un! Houston Nutt has to be fired after this season unless the Ole Miss AD simply does not care about football.

Predictions:
South Carolina - 24
Arkansas - 21

LSU - 34
Bama - 37

Last edited:
I pick Arkansas over SC and Bama over LSU. I gotta wonder just how close of a game Bama vs LSU will be... I could see it being a 10-14 point game or so...

Status
Not open for further replies.