• SPORTS
    AND
    GAMING
  • Sports & Gaming Moderators: ghostfreak

the official 2010-11 college football thread! ver. Auburn VS Oregon?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm so desperate, I'm watching ESPNClassic of 1982 Sugar Bowl where UGA beat Pitt for their last nat'l championship.....I need these next few weeks to fly by...I'm watching utter crap. (Buck Belue for God's sake 8( ).

NSFW:
scaled.php

Last edited:
Grr...how many more days?

Here's some images to keep you going.

NSFW:

imagesineptitude-small.jpg

timcry.jpg

tebowcry2.jpg

^ a thousand LOLz!

who do you SEC guise see winning the SEC? is it totally, up and away Alabama? I have a feeling that a team like LSU could sneak up on the reigning champs

. The state of Ohio deserves even more misery at the hands of South Florida than it has already gotten. We are not done with you yet, Ohioans.

i think the last time OSU played the U, OSU won

nat'l championship 2003?

"yes but that win was forged with luck, bribery, and East Coast bias!"

that game also forged the nicknames - the Ohio State Luckeyes and the Cry-Ami Hurricanes ;)

^^ Im not sayin there wasnt ne luck

i was more or less curious, what he meant by more misery at the hands of South Florida?

i mean niether gainesville or tallahassee is considered SF, and i know USF hasnt played OSU yet and i dunno when Miami has handed ne troubles to OSU, as of recently.

but i do forget things from time to time

wanna enlighten me 3,4 dihydroxyphen ?(dang, im calling u 3,4 from now on, kool?)

I think he is referring to LeBron James. people outside of Ohio have a hard time realizing that the cities of Cleveland, Columbus, and Cincinnati are three entirely different sports personalities. even a mega-personality of LBJ failed to recruit the faith and love of such ardent anti-Cleveland sentiments as those from Cincinnati.

^ a thousand LOLz!

who do you SEC guise see winning the SEC? is it totally, up and away Alabama? I have a feeling that a team like LSU could sneak up on the reigning champs

They're a clear front runner, but the balls aren't evenon the tees yet. Injuries could wreck a team like bama, and somebody like arkansas or ole miss. Maybe UGA will play like their freshman QB is a seasoned vet. Maybe Florida wont miss a beat (likely, imho).

Dying......I'm dying over heah.... 9 mo' daizzz....

College football countdown: SN's preseason top 100

Among our top-100 notables:

• Only one BCS team—Washington State—did not make the top 100.

• The SEC West and ACC Coastal divisions each placed four teams among the Top 25.

• The Big 12 led with three teams in the top 10: No. 7 Nebraska, No. 9 Texas and No. 10 Oklahoma.

• The lowest-ranked teams in each BCS league: ACC (Maryland, 89), Big East (Syracuse, 99), Big Ten (Minnesota, 98), Big 12 (Kansas State, 85), Pac-10 (Washington State, NR), SEC (Vanderbilt, 83).

— Derek Samson

Anyone else think it's some BS to see Alabama playing an expansion team this year in Georgia State? I mean WTF? The NCAA shouldn't count that game. They might as well schedule a high school team, it'd be about the same competition.

Georgia State- 1st year of football, ever. And the defending NC's are actually counting it as a regular season game.

I find that laughable. I mean cmon guys, you are the defending National champs, in what ESPN repeatedly tells us is the toughest conference, and you schedule a game like this???

^^ Im not sayin there wasnt ne luck

i was more or less curious, what he meant by more misery at the hands of South Florida?

i mean niether gainesville or tallahassee is considered SF, and i know USF hasnt played OSU yet and i dunno when Miami has handed ne troubles to OSU, as of recently.

but i do forget things from time to time

wanna enlighten me 3,4 dihydroxyphen ?()

I was bringing up LeBron. I understand that to many Ohio State fans it would be like Dwight Howard leaving Orlando and you guys trying to make Miami fans feel bad for it. I was just trying to get some shit talking going between me and Axl Blaze (since I know he is a Cavs fan), and whatever Ohio State or Miami fans want to join in on the conversation. Makes the game more fun.

dang, im calling u 3,4 from now on, kool?

It's kool.

honestly 3, 4 we are talking a lot of shit but I truly can not wait for this Buckeyes/Canes game. I will most likely have tix, which makes it more exciting for me - but I think that any college football fan should revel in the idea of two ballers like Jacory Harris and Terrelle Pryor playing football. they both have legs that can burn the opposing defenses. perhaps it will come down to who can throw a better couple long ball shots?

and props to our respective programs for scheduling this match-up. Miami and Ohio State can both laugh at the majority of the cupcakes that the SEC schedules year-in and year-out.

when your team plays an early away game in Ohio Stadium, your team quickly sheds and jitters or nerves it might have about playing football for the rest of the year. seriously man, this stadium looks like the coliseum where the Romans fed the Christians to lions.

the consolation prize to the loser of this game is that they should still win their conference, and have an easier time doing it due to the pressures of this second game of the season

Anyone else think it's some BS to see Alabama playing an expansion team this year in Georgia State? I mean WTF? The NCAA shouldn't count that game. They might as well schedule a high school team, it'd be about the same competition.

Georgia State- 1st year of football, ever. And the defending NC's are actually counting it as a regular season game.

I find that laughable. I mean cmon guys, you are the defending National champs, in what ESPN repeatedly tells us is the toughest conference, and you schedule a game like this???

I want to say something about the 1-AA teams tOSU puts on their schedule...there has to be one every year at least, just like the rest of us. But no. There isn't :\

I want to say something about how these games are paycheck games to help little teams get the funding for uniforms and stuff. But this is too much of a mismatch to even be considered a 'game'.

I want to say something about how getting a few breathers in the schedule is needed when you have a season as hard and tough as an SEC schedule. But I can't, given how much I've chided the Big10+2's claims of a tough conference it would be hypocritical.

What I have to say, without question, is that I fully agree with your statement. I feel dirty, I'm going to go wash now.

the SEC is the toughest conference, for sure, but not don't fool yourself and think it's leaps and bounds better. plus, this is the year where their could be a changing of the guard.

truthfully, a college football fan who is not an SEC fan makes those comments to passive-aggressively get back at the SEC. it works, because there are truths in that statement.

I would just like to see some of the best SEC teams play some of the better out-of-conference talent in their pre-conference schedules. save for the National Championship, the SEC wasn't so phenomenal in their bowls games last year. I think Alabama is playing Penn State this year, though? it just kinda sucks that this will probably be a down year for PSU - but at least they are on the right track.

won't be long before OSU schedules and SEC foe, I feel like. the last notable out-of-conference opponents have been, in this order, Texas, USC, now Miami - and then after that Oklahoma. as much as people hate the Big Ten and OSU, you have to give some respect for that schedule. Ohio State could run the Ohio cupcake gauntlet of Akron, Toledo, Miami, Kent State, and Ohio University and I'm sure most fans wouldn't bat an eye.

it's very nice to know, at Week 2, where your teams stands and how good they are against good competition (such as Miami). instead of finding out the hard way in a red letter late conference game

Last edited:
I think this year with the SEC, after Bama and UF, you have a pretty big dropoff. LSU, Georgia, and of course Tennessee, big drop off from UF and Bama.

Axl, OSU's non conference schedule is Marshall, the U, Ohio and EMU, just to correct something you said earlier.

But yeah, as far as that tough Georgia State game for Bama, playing a 1-aa team would be one thing, playing a college expansion team is unreal. Especially for the best team in the country, no excuse to play a team like that.

And to my knowledge Love Bandit, OSU has only played a division 2 team twice, against Younstown State, which happens to be Tressel's old coaching job, which is the only reason they scheduled it in the 1st place. Playing teams not in the FBS isn't something the Buckeyes do.

I think LSU will be better than Florida this year. I see the SEC between Bama and LSU.

sure, save for that one game the Buckeyes play a really really good out of conference opponent, the rest of their non-conference schedule is as weak as any other NCAA team. but at least they have that one game.

Status
Not open for further replies.