• DPMC Moderators: thegreenhand | tryptakid
  • Drug Policy & Media Coverage Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Drug Busts Megathread Video Megathread

The New Meth

Oh I definitely prefer MDMA over meth.

I've also done a lot more MDMA than meth.

Meth is cheap though. Also, pleasurable and can serve a utilitarian function for things like motivation. Argh, what am I talking about. My demons won't allow me to touch it often, but I'd like to. Especially now that I'm no longer prescribed amphetamine daily.
Sounds really good problem is none of the good MDMA around anymore. Sassafras trees long gone -guess they make it synthetically today?

If we look at the other recent thread by someone discussing how the meth has changed, we see some great links showing the level of optical purity for each year. While the product does stay pretty high up in d-meth, it’s not completely d-meth and does seem to vary a bit year to year. Again only proving that the route is likely p2p to racemic followed by optical resolution. Makes me curious if the small amounts of l-meth found play any pharmacological role..

-GC

If we look at the other recent thread by someone discussing how the meth has changed, we see some great links showing the level of optical purity for each year. While the product does stay pretty high up in d-meth, it’s not completely d-meth and does seem to vary a bit year to year. Again only proving that the route is likely p2p to racemic followed by optical resolution. Makes me curious if the small amounts of l-meth found play any pharmacological role..

-GC
Link!?

Anybody here had legitimate 4-methylaminorex? There are so few reports of this drug around, even less than for PCP probably, each one is positive but nobody seems to care. We had 4,4'-dimethylaminorex many years back for a brief period of time but the RC guys fucked it up. Tried that stuff and loved it. Would say like the good things of both MDMA and meth with little of the negatives.

I get the "meth madness/media scare tactics" take on this article, but I think there's truth to it. I've used meth on & off (mostly on) for over 15 years in the meth capital of central Appalachia. I've seen supply evolve over the years from local shard to shake 'n bake to cartel crystal.

Back in the day, you could split a half g with friends and you’d all be up a couple days – intense initial euphoria giving way to mental clarity, elation, and energy with legs. Like you could go to a rave or write a doctoral thesis, whichever struck your mood.

From my experience and observation, the high from ‘the new meth’ is shorter lived, with less euphoria & elation, increased agitation, and disorganized thinking. They say the purity of the cartel stuff around 90%, but the potency around here must vary wildly. I’ve seen folks mainline .25, eat a burger and take a nap (and I’m pretty far up on the food chain and wash my stuff, so it’s not that it’s stepped on) and I’ve seen it trigger full-blown acute psychosis in OGs who I know can handle their shit. Like, way more meth-induced psychosis with this stuff, for real. A significant number of folks I know who’ve used stims for decades without issue are now convinced they’re being targeted by leaders of a human trafficking ring, or under constant surveillance by this federal agency or that one, or they’re jesus christ reincarnate. About once a month, a good friend of mine has an episode where she 100% believes I’m not really myself, I'm someone pretending to me be with some bizarre agenda. I don’t even try to change her mind, anymore, just wait for it to blow over.

I’ve experienced an increase in hypervigilance, but have been thankfully spared the psychosis, so far. I reckon the amount of l-meth found in the P2P stuff does have something to do with it, but idk.

*Edit to clarify that by "used stims for decades without issue", I really meant "used stims without chronic or prolonged acute psychosis." Sure, people sometimes wig out when they're up too long. What's happening, now, isn't that.

Last edited:

-GC
Not exactly that, but

Mendelson, John & Uemura, Naoto & Harris, Debra & Nath, Rajneesh & Fernandez, Emilio & Jacob, Peyton & Everhart, Edwin & Jones, Reese. (2006). Human Pharmacology of the Methamphetamine Stereoisomers. Clinical pharmacology and therapeutics. 80. 403-20. 10.1016/j.clpt.2006.06.013.

Not exactly that, but

Mendelson, John & Uemura, Naoto & Harris, Debra & Nath, Rajneesh & Fernandez, Emilio & Jacob, Peyton & Everhart, Edwin & Jones, Reese. (2006). Human Pharmacology of the Methamphetamine Stereoisomers. Clinical pharmacology and therapeutics. 80. 403-20. 10.1016/j.clpt.2006.06.013.

I’m too lazy to look but did you see the dosage for racemic? For comparison.

-GC

Interesting to see this thread as I just read a similar article and was debating the same with myself.

I am from the UK
I first tried meth in aus in 2013
Was really unbeliavable quality and experience
Loved the stuff

Later I indulged in lots of meth and Yaba in Asia..
Loved that also..

A year or so after that In 2017, I began using the DW in the uk to access meth
I had horrific experiences 75% of the time from the meth available on there.

I ended up with meth induced psychosis and had to give up the habit due to continual bad experiences.

I noticed the differences in all of these types meth. I came to believe from my own theory that they must have been synthed differently or had an adulterant causing a bad reaction, etc...
Particularly the stuff in Europe was void of euphoria and packed full of anxiety and delusional paranoia.

Perhaps I exasperated my dopamine receptors and experienced a permanent change to my mental chemistry over time, and the meth I smoked in various countries was all the same end chemical and not different.. etc ..

I have not taken meth in 3 years now and still have strong cravings towards it unfortunately.
Particularly recently.

Fortunately the only thing putting me off is being in Europe currently; and knowing that the likelyhood of me getting ephedrine based meth is very small ...
(Particularly with the huge increase of the cheap euro Mexican meth.. which I presume is shite?)

I genuinely believe the article holds a point from my experiences.
However as previously mentioned perhaps the acute psychosis was always in the post and it only caught up with me in Europe (due to years of binges / general misuse / abuse)

P.s... if anyone can give me some logical input on why I should continue with my stimulant sobriety and never ever touch meth again then please be my guest!

(Thanks for reading.. sorry for the length of text)

Im still waiting for the old meth to become readily available in the UK when me and my wife moved to UK from the states could not get it at all even in Punjab india you can get it dont know why it not big here . I know its a good thing it not big here but just weird it not hit here in a big way considering how many people like coke here

Im still waiting for the old meth to become readily available in the UK when me and my wife moved to UK from the states could not get it at all even in Punjab india you can get it dont know why it not big here . I know its a good thing it not big here but just weird it not hit here in a big way considering how many people like coke here
I think the shit coke is the reason its not available here.

To be honest one good thing about meth
It obliterated my dependence and love for British cocaine!
Made me see how impure and poor quality it was
(Not to mention the bogus effects compared to the real meth!)

Most Brits wouldn't appreciate the real meth I feel unfortunately
Liam Gallagher stories about meth being a good example

I think the shit coke is the reason its not available here.

To be honest one good thing about meth
It obliterated my dependence and love for British cocaine!
Made me see how impure and poor quality it was
(Not to mention the bogus effects compared to the real meth!)

Most Brits wouldn't appreciate the real meth I feel unfortunately
Liam Gallagher stories about meth being a good example
I did meth starting 91 till 2005 in the 90s we called it crank it was good crystal we only used to hear about then like it was big in hawaii but in northewrn california it was still mostly crank . I carried on doing it when i started driving a truck at 18 which because at that age i could only drive within cvalifornia then 3 years later when i started driving 48 . Could not believe it i could not get it when i came to the UK to start again without crank. I once fell asleep while i had a 80 000 pound full load was worried i could have killed someone why would you do coke when crank was so much better . Its hit big everywhere but here its still not big just dont understand why people making do with coke i had to settle for coke because it was not about

Im not familiar with what Liam said about meth never rated oasis so not really read or want to read about his views on anything think he a knobhead and they overrated as a band . Just read now he saying they were doing massive lines of crank thinking it was coke for one you can easily tell the differance as soon as you snort crank for one the fucking burn and the buzz much more intense they just blaming meth because they a shit band and easier to blame a drug then admit the US never really got into the hype about the overated band . I know i am a bit biased because i dont like oasis and their claims they the best band .

Last edited:
I agree with you on oasis and Liam
My point about that was just that he found no enjoyment in taking meth
(He wasn't intelligent enough to see its beauty as a chemical, much like the average UK cocaine user would be I imagine)

Also in terms of amphetamines in the work place then the UK truckers generally would be using base amphetamine (the really gooey paste that's usually heavily adulterated and still wet from being soaked in solvents)

This base paste when found in high purity will still kick the hind legs off a donkey IMHO

I'm sure you experienced this yourself

I agree with you on oasis and Liam
My point about that was just that he found no enjoyment in taking meth
(He wasn't intelligent enough to see its beauty as a chemical, much like the average UK cocaine user would be I imagine)

Also in terms of amphetamines in the work place then the UK truckers generally would be using base amphetamine (the really gooey paste that's usually heavily adulterated and still wet from being soaked in solvents)

This base paste when found in high purity will still kick the hind legs off a donkey IMHO

I'm sure you experienced this yourself
In the states it was crank [meth] for truckers was massive it kept you awake kept the wheels turning and money coming in. I can still remember at the railroad yards where we would pick up containers and truck stops posters with the white lines on a road as crank lines and the words "white line fever don't let it drive you off the road " can't count how many times as I would be getting loaded would sit in a trucker I did not know cabin snorting or smoking meth was so common.

Meth is so much better as you were saying i got it once here it was crystal but low-quality shit I smoked crystal in the states as it was getting more popular than crank but the crank I snorted and smoked in the early 90s was the best remember watching one show saying the US government cracked down on a certain chemical that when they substituted that it changed the quality and I seen it mentioned here a lot

In the states it was crank [meth] for truckers was massive it kept you awake kept the wheels turning and money coming in. I can still remember at the railroad yards where we would pick up containers and truck stops posters with the white lines on a road as crank lines and the words "white line fever don't let it drive you off the road " can't count how many times as I would be getting loaded would sit in a trucker I did not know cabin snorting or smoking meth was so common.

Meth is so much better as you were saying i got it once here it was crystal but low-quality shit I smoked crystal in the states as it was getting more popular than crank but the crank I snorted and smoked in the early 90s was the best remember watching one show saying the US government cracked down on a certain chemical that when they substituted that it changed the quality and I seen it mentioned here a lot
Have read about that old school crank
Much friendlier apparently
It is amazing the difference in effects from different amphetamines
Some of the ice and Yaba synths that I smoked in aus and Asia were by far and away the most euphoric , fantastic drug experiences I have had.

No wonder I got hooked!!

Have read about that old school crank
Much friendlier apparently
It is amazing the difference in effects from different amphetamines
Some of the ice and Yaba synths that I smoked in aus and Asia were by far and away the most euphoric , fantastic drug experiences I have had.

No wonder I got hooked!!
Mate the euphoria I used to get from the 90s crank was something else and the sex was unbelieverble . I remember me and this girl we hooked up my friend worked the night shift in a motel and me and her got a room for nothing we were 16 so not expirianced how to fuck that age brings we were both so euphoric and the sex i still knock one out thinking about it pure lust and debauchery. The drugs were still fun we were young my wife to be made me wait before we married and this was her friend so it was wrong but that just made it better

Mate the euphoria I used to get from the 90s crank was something else and the sex was unbelieverble . I remember me and this girl we hooked up my friend worked the night shift in a motel and me and her got a room for nothing we were 16 so not expirianced how to fuck that age brings we were both so euphoric and the sex i still knock one out thinking about it pure lust and debauchery. The drugs were still fun we were young my wife to be made me wait before we married and this was her friend so it was wrong but that just made it better
Strange how amphetamines affects the sexual psyche in such a dark way.
There's common themes world wide of meth and gay scenes / sexual exploration..

Dopamine is a crazy liberating thing.

Strange how amphetamines affects the sexual psyche in such a dark way.
There's common themes world wide of meth and gay scenes / sexual exploration..

Dopamine is a crazy liberating thing.
Yea i have read how the HIV rates are increasing because of meth and i can believe it . Meth and coke makes you dirty but what is dirty the main reason i used to cheat on my wife is she wont do drugs and she like more of a loving kind of sex i will be honest i love sex with my wife it is love making im the only man she has had and i do love having sex with her its a sex of two people who even after 30 years are madly in love with each other . But sometimes i do like the drug fueled fucking just down and dirty no holds barred fucking theres fucking and love making . I have a weird thing where i would rather make my partner cum before my own completion its just the way i am and after 23 years of knowing my wife sexually i do ok but i also love the fucking all night hot sweaty sex on uppers even if sometimes afterwards when the drugs have worn off you feel disgusted in the things you did disgusted in a good way

I think honestly what's going on may be that the regulations involved in securing the various chemicals needed to manufacture many known street drugs has left the “cooks” scrambling, at times, to find workable substitutes. Sometimes they will hit on combinations that are too strong, like fentanyl, where too many people overdose too easily. Most often they will end up using a “filler” type substance that allows the basic drug to still be there, just in a less amount and so the product is weaker.