• 🇳🇿 🇲🇲 🇯🇵 🇨🇳 🇦🇺 🇦🇶 🇮🇳
    Australian & Asian
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

The new class system

This won't help you at all but as a kid I had a kazoo and I seem to remember buying it from some tiny country town out west like Gundagai.

If you get one you won't have much trouble mastering it. Once you figure out how to make noise it all comes down to your vocal range, it's got nothing to do with manipulating the instrument in any other way.

Basically you can play anything you can hum from memory.

Here's one from ebay:

Old tin kazoo

You can buy them online here, and they're on sale too (don't worry that they're plastic, they work just as well):

Hohner Kazoo (read the product reviews, they're hilarious)

Search around with google and I'm sure you could find others. You've inspired me, I'm buying one.

I would ask you to join my band but you know what they say, "Too many Kazoo's spoil the broth".

I do need someone to play "Tissue paper folded on a comb" or the " Bottletop Broom handle" though. Are you any good with a Gum leaf?

I just checked out ebay. $25 for someone elses spit trap?? I'd rather lick 2nd hand gum.

Hey if I'm gunna be in a jug band I'm playing the motherfucking wash tub bass:

For some reason that site won't ship to Australia but you can get them from here at Amazon for 20c cheaper anyways.

Damnit they won't ship either, this is getting frustrating.

After an hour or so of research it seems that the only way to buy the decent ones made by Hohner, rather than the sort you get in a lolly bag at a kids party, for less than like $20 US postage is to buy a set of three from the US ebay site here. It'll cost around $10 AUS including postage. Not too bad I guess...

Last edited:
Punk Rock

^Hey lostpunk you claimed to like what you called (if I recall correctly) political punk !

How do you rate The Clash

Ah lost youth lost punk oh yeah !

zophen

I decided that although other people like different music, i see enlightenment as something different - I naturally grow towards some people completely based on their personality. They can like whatever music they like, i just hope they dont expect me to like it to.

zophen said:
^Hey lostpunk you claimed to like what you called (if I recall correctly) political punk !

How do you rate The Clash

About 100 000 out of 10.

Strummer is god.

Do you judge people by what music they listen to?

Once you learn that someone likes a band or music style that you personally do not like, does that at all change your opinion on them?

Say if you're a metal head, or a punk rocker, or an emo, or an R&B lover, do you sometimes get a little 'snobby' when it comes to your music tastes? If so, how have you reacted towards people when you haven't liked their music tastes. has it stopped you from talking to them or associating with them?

Is loving Brittany Spears' latest tune really that bad? Surely there is some deep meaning throughout that song...

Couldn't care less.

If at a party someone were to suggest we put on Lauper, Spears, or Monogue, it may get a few sneers or chuckles, but that's about the extent of it.

No need to make the situation anymore complex than that, imo.

I'd never judge anyone for the music they listened to, even if i didn't like that particular genre - i really dislike that kind of snobbery. Any kind of music elitist attitude pisses me off - i have a pretty ecclectic taste in music and have an, at the least, appreciation for most styles of music. Why anyone would want to narrow their listening pleasure to only one or two genres of music is beyond me.

I can even appreciate some of Britney's music. I may not like what the girl stands for, but fuck me she's collaborated with some brilliant producers - Timbaland, The Neptunes, Pharell Williams... I wouldn't buy her music, but can at least appreciate the talent behind making the beats.

Music can be hugely important to alot of people, and while people may sneer at their tastes, to openly judge someone and choose not to give them any time purely becaue their tastes are different to mine is just downright nasty - and to be honest, i'd prefer to hang out with a nice person who happens to listen to top 40 on Video Hits than a genre snob who sits in a corner at a party and pays out on people singing along to songs they deem 'beneath' them.

samadhi said:
The Neptunes, Pharell Williams

the neptunes are pharrell and chad hugo

edit: i'm petty and a giant music snob

Last edited:
I guess I am a bit snobby. I laugh at one of my friends for liking Casey Chambers. I can appreciate pop though. I have been sneered at by too many prog elitists to be too much of a snob 8)

samadhi said:
Music can be hugely important to alot of people, and while people may sneer at their tastes, to openly judge someone and choose not to give them any time purely becaue their tastes are different to mine is just downright nasty - and to be honest, i'd prefer to hang out with a nice person who happens to listen to top 40 on Video Hits than a genre snob who sits in a corner at a party and pays out on people singing along to songs they deem 'beneath' them.

well thought, well said!

I wouldn't say I'm a music snob. However, I'm less likely to be interested in you if I do not enjoy, or at least appreciate the kind of music you're interested in.

So I guess I do [judge people].

I'm not as bad as I used to be though. A couple of years ago I was such an elitist music snob I would throw you a trademark DrShop sneer and deride you with the rest of my snobby mates if you even whispered about a band outside of our little niche we created. Oh yeah, we were popular.

These days I am much calmer and far more accepting. If I see a collection of Top 40 CDs in your house though... I will run.

edit: awww samadhi now I look like a jerk... oh well.

drugfukkdrockstar said:
Is loving Brittany Spears' latest tune really that bad? Surely there is some deep meaning throughout that song...

*prepares to release the trained mountain cougars*

;)

I don't discriminate based on a persons chosen genre. I do, however, tend to have more respect for people who have an "appreciation" for music.

Like, I want someone who can talk about the music. Whether it be the meaning of a song, the lyrics, or the sounds used. I know it's hard to put music into words, but I just love those people who like music enough to "try" and put it in words ;)

As long as the music you listen to has some worth, even if I don't like it.

If it's something like an Australian Idol Compilation, or The Veronicas, I think that says something about you as a person. And it's generally not something I like.

Seeing as I mainly listen to hip-hop (I don't listen to all that much music to be honest) and most people I know hate it, I'm not snobbish at all. Why does it bother me what kind of music another person is in to? The only time I have to listen to it is in their car... and then it's just a good talking point to laugh and joke about.

Some people take things too seriously perhaps?

i use to be very "if you dont like my music you're a fuckwit"

this was about 99-2000 when i was very metal, korn were my gods (sad but true)

over the past 7-8 years my music tastes have changed and i dont really give a fuck...

but having a decent taste in music is a good point in my judging, i will have a bucket load to talk to you about if you like decent music

Wow, Korn... I take back what I said about not looking down on people because of their choice in music ;)