Welcome Guest

⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️
  • ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️
    Forum Rules Film Chit-Chat
    Recently Watched Best Documentaries
    ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️
  • Film & TV Moderators: ghostfreak

Megathread The Netflix Mega-thread vs Netflix Originals Suck

Right now I’m watching ‘Love Is Blind’ on Netflix. It’s a dating show where you cannot see the person you are getting to know. That way you can’t be judged on looks. They’re supposed to get married in 4 weeks! They won’t see the person until that day.

I love this premise. It’s very interesting. They put a man in one pod and a woman in a separate pod. They can’t see each other, but they can talk through the wall and get to know one another.

There is a black woman on there named Lauren who is the hottest one out of all the women. On the other side is this sexy ass redhead named Cameron. He’s a chemist I think. They hit it off right away!! They can’t see each other, but they are falling in love and it’s making me so happy. They would be a gorgeous couple. I can’t wait until they see each other in the end. I’m not even into relationships, but this is making my frozen heart come to life. I’m loving this.
i love your recommendations soo much !
like i love you <3🦄

i would never have know stranger things if it were not for you !! 😮

Yessss! Excellent show! I told my lil’ bro’ to watch it. It’s the shit. I didn’t know PCP isn’t really a thing there.

That series is so well done. Loved it!

It’s based on a novel by Harlan Coben.

Another excellent Harlan Coben series on Netflix is called “Safe”. Definitely check that one out if you haven’t already.

Ah, that explains it then. I've just googled Harlan Coben and he's an American author - hence the PCP reference. PCP is probably even rarer than meth over here.

I'll deffo check out that other series as well as his novels...

That pharmacist, Dan Schneider, did more than the FBI and DEA combined to shut down that pill mill. They should be ashamed! They let that corrupt “doctor” Cleggett run that pill mill forever and kill up all those people by prescribing insane doses of OxyContin, Soma and Xanax! Known as “The Holy Trinity”. She acted like she was totally in the right and was helping people. She looked high as a kite during the interview. That car accident she got into was karma.

Purdue Pharma has a lot of blood on their hands, bunch of lying sociopaths. It was a great documentary, but unfortunately there’s no stopping the bodies from piling up. There’s no way I would do heroin on the street and risk getting fent mixed in. Not worth it at all.

I was thinking someone may have had Dr. Cleggett under their thumb. I'm not sure if the house they showed was actually hers, I assumed that it was. It was kind of a shit hole and certainly a shit hole for someone making that kind of cash. It just does not make sense for someone living her lifestyle to do all that for money. She appeared to have nothing of much value at her place and was working crazy hours. No fancy stuff? Where did all the money go? What was her motivation to do what she did, because her lifestyle did not seem to be greed driven?

I was thinking someone may have had Dr. Cleggett under their thumb. I'm not sure if the house they showed was actually hers, I assumed that it was. It was kind of a shit hole and certainly a shit hole for someone making that kind of cash. It just does not make sense for someone living her lifestyle to do all that for money. She appeared to have nothing of much value at her place and was working crazy hours. No fancy stuff? Where did all the money go? What was her motivation to do what she did, because her lifestyle did not seem to be greed driven?

She had a really big house, but they showed the inside and it was trashed because she was a hoarder type. That is because she was doing her own drugs which causes you to not care about how you live...you just stop taking care of your home when you’re a hardcore addict. In her case anyway, I understood why it was a mess.

Remember when the DEA or FBI lady came to her home and asked her to hand over her license? At first Cleggett agreed, then the lady mentioned the pictures of the doc’s kids on the wall. Suddenly, Cleggett refused to give her license up and said she needed to pay for their college. So that was her reason for continuing.

She was just a drug dealer though and it’s sickening she maintains innocence after killing those people. She had to plead guilty to only one count of malpractice or whatever out of many charges. That’s only because the judge took pity on her when she got into that car accident. She doesn’t really think she did anything wrong though. They felt like she couldn’t do jail time in her condition. She deserved many years behind bars.

She had a really big house, but they showed the inside and it was trashed because she was a hoarder type. That is because she was doing her own drugs which causes you to not care about how you live...you just stop taking care of your home when you’re a hardcore addict. In her case anyway, I understood why it was a mess.

Remember when the DEA or FBI lady came to her home and asked her to hand over her license? At first Cleggett agreed, then the lady mentioned the pictures of the doc’s kids on the wall. Suddenly, Cleggett refused to give her license up and said she needed to pay for their college. So that was her reason for continuing.

She was just a drug dealer though and it’s sickening she maintains innocence after killing those people. She had to plead guilty to only one count of malpractice or whatever out of many charges. That’s only because the judge took pity on her when she got into that car accident. She doesn’t really think she did anything wrong though. They felt like she couldn’t do jail time in her condition. She deserved many years behind bars.

Could be C2C, but although the house was above average in size the furnishings and décor they showed were very low end. Some legitimate pain physicians around those times were making 15,000 USD per day, some probably much more. She was running a pill mill with pre sighed scripts as fast as they could get them through the door. What do you say probably three hundred cash a visit. at five minutes a visit that translates into about 30,000 per day minus expenses, for an eight hour day. Yearly that would be just under 8 million. In reality she might have been clearing double that.

I agree she and the oxy family were just drug dealers. I have posted much about this topic. I was just wondering if someone had some influence over her and was making her do this and making the money off the cash transactions. Maybe she took a deal to get that sentence?

Could be C2C, but although the house was above average in size the furnishings and décor they showed were very low end. Some legitimate pain physicians around those times were making 15,000 USD per day, some probably much more. She was running a pill mill with pre sighed scripts as fast as they could get them through the door. What do you say probably three hundred cash a visit. at five minutes a visit that translates into about 30,000 per day minus expenses, for an eight hour day. Yearly that would be just under 8 million. In reality she might have been clearing double that.

I agree she and the oxy family were just drug dealers. I have posted much about this topic. I was just wondering if someone had some influence over her and was making her do this and making the money off the cash transactions. Maybe she took a deal to get that sentence?

She took a plea deal. She only plead guilty to one count out of many charges. She only caught a break because she was in a car accident right before the trial. The judge didn’t think she should’ve done time in her condition. The car accident was the only reason she got a lucky break.

You’re right, she was making millions so where was the money going? Hell, the government could’ve been in on getting paid. The DEA and FBI were way too slow about shutting her pill mill down. That was suspicious to me. Also, remember how there were actual police in the pill mill? Dirty cops in on it. It was corrupt as fuck. Yeah, people on the inside must’ve had their hand out getting paid too. You’re right. It just didn’t add up.

Just watched episode 8 of Stephen King’s ‘The Outsider’ on HBO. That was a really good episode! Only 2 episodes left, it’s getting really intense.

The new season of Curb Your Enthusiasm on HBO is fantastic so far! Larry David could get it just because he’s hilarious.
In the first episode of the new season, he brilliantly alludes to the Eye of Horus (one-eyed sign) celebrities and politicians throw up in the media all the time, meaning they worship Satan. He asks his secretary about a tattoo of a face she has on her arm. He says “Why is one eye closed?” Hahahaha I love him. People would only get that joke if they actually know what’s going on.

Episode 9 of ‘The Outsider’ had me all fucked up in the very last few minutes! It was heart-wrenching. :(

Detective Ralph wasn’t a believer in the entity who can take the shape of other people and feed on children. Now, he’s becoming a believer in the supernatural in order to solve this case. Next weekend is the finale. They’re going up against this evil thing. I don’t know what to expect or if they can even kill it.

Has anyone seen ‘I Am Not Okay With This’ yet on Netflix?
It’s about a girl in high school going through her angsty teen shit and she discovers she has superpowers.

Episode 9 of ‘The Outsider’ had me all fucked up in the very last few minutes! It was heart-wrenching. :(

Detective Ralph wasn’t a believer in the entity who can take the shape of other people and feed on children. Now, he’s becoming a believer in the supernatural in order to solve this case. Next weekend is the finale. They’re going up against this evil thing. I don’t know what to expect or if they can even kill it.
I havent seen the episode yet but it sounds like you enjoyed it. Gonna watch it tonight.

Didnt have netflix for like 4 months and now that I continued my subscription theres a shitload of new series and films. About to start the witcher.

I was struggling to find anything on Netflix via it's own suggestions for the longest time. Then I found this site which lists everything on Netflix, which has made searching for something much easier:

All Netflix

Just picked up watching 'Locke & Key (TV Series 2020– ) - IMDb

Premise is a father is killed in his home, leaving wife, son (HS Sr?), daughter (HS Sophmore?), and son (about 12?) behind. The remaining family move back to his family estate in Massachusettes where there is a family history he never shared with them. Kids begin finding keys hidden around the property, each has a unique magical power.

I'm only up to S1 E4, but you have some magical/supernatural aspects, unfolding of a family history, small NE town setting, mixed with some teen age drama (a bit below my interest, but I can see why it's included). Only a few shows in, and I'm seeing some creative writing that can pay dividends for a long ways. For example, one key allows you to enter someone's mind (even your own) as if it were a 'place'. The daughter encounters her 'fear' while in there, and how she deals with it changes her personality significantly for the time following (and in hindsight, I can see how they set that up quite well initially).

Bottom line, it's interesting thus far. I really like the creativity and story telling aspects. Acting is good, special effects are good, writing is good, storyline shows tremendous promise.

'

Fwiw, I'd not come back to this thread in quite awhile. Not sure how valid the title still is, in that a lot of what I really like on Netflix these days is nearly all original content. Specifically, I liked OA, Stranger Things, and now Locke and Key.

I was struggling to find anything on Netflix via it's own suggestions for the longest time. Then I found this site which lists everything on Netflix, which has made searching for something much easier:

All Netflix
This is one of my biggest bones to pick with Netflix; their algorithms are biased. I often see on other peoples' Netflix accounts ads for films I would like but never knew were on there because they profiled me and decided I wasn't interested without asking.

Fwiw, I'd not come back to this thread in quite awhile. Not sure how valid the title still is, in that a lot of what I really like on Netflix these days is nearly all original content. Specifically, I liked OA, Stranger Things, and now Locke and Key.
I changed the title because I feel it's valid (and maintain that belief) and I also thought it was amusing. Stranger Things was okay. A few of their original things are okay. The vast majority I can't sit through 5 minutes worth. I mostly changed it in jest, but I do stand behind it.

A few of their original things are okay. The vast majority I can't sit through 5 minutes worth. I mostly changed it in jest, but I do stand behind it.

I like the things I like...and tend not to notice the ton o'crap in the back that they may have put out. (y)