• NMI Moderators: Snafu in the Void

The Mountains Make People Crazy

Welcome @imagination.of.extremity from a fellow mountain dwelling BLer

It's not the mountains that make one crazy, it's the fucking fires IME...
Thanks for the greeting, Dissident.
I have a great fondness for the mountains...I'm a land-lubber through and through.
You do have a point about the fires though.
One thing I like about the fires is that all the ash/debris in the sky makes for some crazy-beautiful sunsets.
I love fire sunsets so much...and then I feel guilty for reveling in the mass destruction...
So, you in the wild wild west like me?
<3

Welcome to BL. I havent been a member here for very long.
I'm so jealous you live in Colorado. That's always been the place I've wanted to move to. I've been there twice and I swore I'd move there someday. I live in Missouri (Misery).
Fellow metal head. Love rocker girls. PM if you ever wanna chat.

@Pinkbeam thanks for making me feel welcome!
I grew up in Iowa. So I know all about that midwest misery.
Can't complain too much about my hometown, but it smelled like pig shit most of the time.
Anyway, it means a lot to know I can chat with you. Have a feeling I'll be PMing soon...
Stay gorgeous <3

@imagination.of.extremity So I listened to the essay by Baldwin, was definitely an interesting look into religion and race relations from a perspective Ive never really heard, anything else you would recommend?

@Branggen I am so glad that you listened to it! Baldwin always has such an acute perception of society's inner workings, and he communicates with such precise language. I always learn from him.

As far as any further recommendations, I have to ask what kind of stuff you enjoy reading? My taste is pretty wide and varied so I need a few hints about what's your jam!

<3

@imagination.of.extremity So I listened to the essay by Baldwin, was definitely an interesting look into religion and race relations from a perspective Ive never really heard, anything else you would recommend?
hey friend @Branggen, just wondering what kind of stuff you like to read so I can give some good rec's. I definitely look forward to talking books with you if you're still interested. Off the top of my head, my favorite authors are Hubert Selby, Jr., Irvine Welsh, Flannery O'Connor, China Mieville...I mostly read literary fiction for pleasure but I also read literary criticism, philosophy, science fiction, and religious/spiritual as well as love to read ethnographies (cultural studies by anthropologists). And I have a deep and shameless love of everything relating to crime novels/crime fiction, military intelligence and UFO's!

hey friend @Branggen, just wondering what kind of stuff you like to read so I can give some good rec's. I definitely look forward to talking books with you if you're still interested. Off the top of my head, my favorite authors are Hubert Selby, Jr., Irvine Welsh, Flannery O'Connor, China Mieville...I mostly read literary fiction for pleasure but I also read literary criticism, philosophy, science fiction, and religious/spiritual as well as love to read ethnographies (cultural studies by anthropologists). And I have a deep and shameless love of everything relating to crime novels/crime fiction, military intelligence and UFO's!
Hello hello, sorry to take forever to reply, Ill read anything really. I like things that make you think, a good story or some philosophy is always interesting. I havent been reading much lately just been lazy been about 1/2 way through huxleys Heaven and Hell for a few months now havent picked it up in weeks. Oh yea I also do like the religious and spiritual, I would sort of file those under philosophy. Ethnography sounds interesting gonna look that up right now

Hey what's up - Welcome to Bluelight :)

I always skim walls of text then read bottom to top. Not sure why.
I often do this too, read kinda backwards. Maybe like 1/4 of what I read I’d it’s shorter pieces ( like several paragraphs essay or less) I’ll start at the end sometimes. Don’t know why.

anyway welcome to bl. This girl seems seriously wild and cool, free ranging spirit. Really interested in reading more of her posts sometime.

Wow you sound cool as hell. Maybe a future connection in colorado? i've been thinking about getting out of VA and going somewhere sweet. Can i crash on your couch? Or better yet camp out in your yard or property until i can find a job or something? Lol seriously tho..