• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

The Most Visual Psychedelic Thread

Bluedolphin that post was awesome.... nice!!

Only place our experiences differ is in 2C-B.

On my one and only trip so far with 2C-B (at 25mg), I was in a nice, sort of rocky place in the desert, during sunrise. At 3 am when I was peaking, the mountain was blasting me with colors and psychedelic waves, even in pitch black night. As the sun rose and was coming nearer to the horizon (from the bottom), *EVERY SINGLE* color in the universe was shimmering in the sky and creating an unimaginable energy in my friends and I. I even distinctly remember a "new" color I had never seen before in my life, and still remember what it looks like... sort of... (hard to believe I know, lol). Best sunrise of my life.

2C-B, I fucking love you.

amen to that psilo.
i forgot to mention the spectacular colours.
the glowing everywhere, it was night time but there was an incredible pinkish purple glow on everything.
and we went into the pitch dark for a while, a walk down a path.
well, it wasnt really PITCH black, but quite dark... and the closed eye visuals were so intense that i could see anything that was really there. couldnt see the tree line above me, no night vision whatsoever.
and the visuals at that point were, as you described, absolutely every colour EVER. moving, morphing, fractals, people, situations, it was the most insane display, like i was watching the most fucked up movie of all time.

unfortunately never had any "new" colours.
i must get some more 2c-b.

2c-b, i love you.

What do you think is the most visual psychedelic?

Open eyed?

a HIGH (10+ grams?) dose of mushrooms, or DMT. Id say there are moments when they rival each other.

2-ct-7 is also very close.

Closed Eyed?

Ketamine

ive gone to levels of such complete abstraction, yet convincingly real that when reality returned, it took me many many long minutes to piece my ego back together, without so much as opening an eyelid.

actually id have to say oxycontin is pretty strong with the closed eye visuals. they are not "colorful" or "abstract" in the sense that traditional psychedellica-endused visuals are, but ive had extremely intense opiate dreams so strong that i had to question weather or not they really happened for hours afterwards.

The most visually impressive psychedelic that I have ever tried is DPT. Its visuals are what I can only describe as divine. With eyes open, visuals are mainly silver, neon green and red, and "white" (kinda hard to explain). Eyes are the most predominant feture of DPT with eyes both open and closed, they are everywhere, staring blankly. Sometimes they are organized in a perfect grid fashion, like some of the eye-patterns in paintings by Alex Grey and similar artists, and sometimes they are chaotic and in constant movement.

With eyes closed, I am blinded by the purest white... it is so pure that I cannot describe it with words. This white is adorned by rapidl moving golden fractals, butterflies, sacred architecture, and of course, eyes. The whole character of DPT is divine, and the visuals, which are in harmony with the bodily vibrations, are divine beyond description. What I said above is just a simplification, really.

The other very visual psychedelic that I have tried is 2C-I, but I agree with bluedolphin, they are not exactly impressive. Actually, 2C-I is more visual than DPT with eyes open, but its visuals lack the emotional involvement that DPT provides. 2C-I open-eye visuals look mostly like wood patterns, or sometimes like the pressure systems on weather maps. With eyes closed, the visuals are very dynamic and, again as bluedolphin suggested, flowery. There is also a very Giger-like aspect to it. (for those who don't know, Giger is the artist that designed the Aliens in the Aliens movies). In all cases, red seems to be the predominant colour with this one.

Morning Glory seeds can produce some strong visuals too, but I have come to associate them with physical discomfort, so I can't say that I enjoy them.

2C-E is a drug that confused me a lot in the one time I tried it to date. It had some very strong visuals at a few points, but much of the trip was almost totally non-visual. Its visuals were mostly images of eyes inside pyramids (like the one on the back of the american dollar) with wings attatched, and the whole atmosphere was orange.

Most of the other psychedelics I have tried are not extremely visual. I tend to not get a lot of visuals with psycedelics normally, it took me 150mg of DPT insufflated to reach the above state.

never ever in my life have i obtained the visual experiences like i have on LSD. i have tried psilocybin, 2-CI, 2-CE, DXM, 5-MEO-DMT, MDMA and acid is still the top charting, life changing best psychedelic i have done in my life.

i think this isn't really a possible question to answer, as all drugs give different types of visuals. A better question may be which drug gives the BEST visuals...

More importantly however, all people get different types of visuals from the same substance. So while one might consider LSD to have the best visuals, another might believe that DMT has the best visuals. Therefore the current topic is more appropriate as it is asking what is the most visual occurring. Anyway, its still a very hazy thing to talk about as everyone's experiences are different and thus everyone will end up with a different opinion on what is the most visual.

I'd have to go for LSD as the most visual. Everything that your thinking about on LSD seems to be expressed through the visuals and the visuals usually have much deeper meanings than just mere eye candy. Colours seem to be properly expressed as what they really are and the visuals will always surprise you with something new every trip. It's hard to explain but LSD's visuals to me..seem like they are drawn the best..If that makes any sense.

But yeah any psychedelic with the appropriate (High) dosage will cause a lot of visuals. And everyone's experiences will always be different for things like this.

platinum907 said:
Did you really put 2ct2 over lsd?

yeah, only as far as visuals go that is.

the only times i did LSD was in relatively small doses. it wasn't too visual for me at all...at least much less visual than I was expecting. hopefully one day i will have the opportunity to explore higher doses.

the thing that was kind of strange for me though, is I get very intense visuals from small doses of phenethylamines (8-12mg of 2C-T-2 was enough for the most visuals I've ever had). On the other hand I have to take relatively large doses of tryptamines and lysergic compounds (LSD and morning glory seeds)
to get visuals.

it's the whole YMMV thing in action i guess.

Hydro, I know exactly what you mean...

The only thing is, with me, its the opposite. The tryptamines fuck my world to no end. The phenethylamines will as well, but only if I take LARGE doses of them.

A perfect example: I took two hits of LSD at a party a couple weeks ago. I had never had LSD but this stuff was definitely real. The blotters had this extremely intricate celtic dragon pattern on them, had no real taste that I could discern, and fucked me up quite a lot more than I thought two hits would. I had a lot more visuals than I expected at that low of a dose, but it still didn't touch my high-dose MDA, 5-MeO-a-MT, and 4-AcO-MiPT trips.

The interesting side is that amphetamines (alpha-methylphenethylamines) fuck me up harder than any other class of drugs and I'm somewhat sensitive to them! Not only that, but mixing tryptamines and MDA = WOW, something that I didn't expect at all. My body has a really weird chemistry. It seems like since I started rolling, I can't experience any phenethylamine anymore, other than 2C-E.

But my tryptamine tolerance has dropped to extremely low levels. I took 5mg of 5-MeO-a-MT the other day and had more fun and a lot stronger trip than 45mg used to do for me!

MagickalKat777 said:
A perfect example: I took two hits of LSD at a party a couple weeks ago. I had never had LSD but this stuff was definitely real. The blotters had this extremely intricate celtic dragon pattern on them, had no real taste that I could discern, and fucked me up quite a lot more than I thought two hits would.

Those were good blotters ;)

I would have to say. it was a combinatination of two things for me. One. the K. and lots of it over the period of two hours. and two, my friends wanted to leave the party, so they drove, I have never been through a tunnel of light. the best way to describe it would be video feedback on tv, except that was my whole field of vision... and with the moving car, it added to the feeling of moving...

also, high doses of MDA... fractals, animals coming off out of blankets. mirrors rippling like water and red light moving around the room, like warm air currents... and my best friend turned into a monkey with cymbals and a fez cap sitting on a chair...

The strongest visuals Ive ever had were from some home extracted 40x salvia. I havent fully explored 5-meo-dmt yet (just got some this week, working my way up to higher doses), but have used lsd, mushrooms, 5-meo-amt, which while provide visuals, were nothing near to salvia.
I was in an olympic stadium, about to run a race. I knew I would lose, and didnt want to compete,since I had won gold medals in other events and didnt want to be embarassed. It was so real, I could see the crowd, hear the coach yelling in my ear, it was incredible. Then, I was thrown to a new place, facing a wall of moving, living, playing colours. As the salvia started to wear off, I became aware that I was on salvia and it was wearing off....the image folded behind me, and i was left in darkness with 2 holes a bit away from which I could see part of the room. I then rushed toward them, as I got closer I could see more and more of the room, then snap, I was back in my body.
My first out of body experience, trip lasted 8 minutes, during which my eyes were open, and I lyed down on the bed about a minute before it ended. I have no recollection of hte real world, though, I was somewhere else, and didnt see *anything* from the room.
It makes all the other drugs Ive used look like coolaid in comparison, as they just distort reality, not create a new one.

I do expect good things from 5-meo-DMT though. But for now, my ranking is:
Salvia - 5-meo-AMT - LSD - mushrooms

EDIT: Ive also heard that 2c-t-2 is very powerful, and I may try it in the future. Since 2c-t-7 is illegal now, and rare, I doubt Ill have a shot at it, unfortunately.
But I do remember reading many places that DMT and 5-meo-DMT are the most powerful hallucinogens in the world, followed by salvinorum A (salvia)....since both are legal, Id recommend going with salvia to start, its not as powerful and safer.
Just remember setting! Always with hallucinogens, going from a crappy to a good setting *always* intensifies the positive affects.
ie, smoking salvia outside does almost nothing, but in your room, with good quiet and maybe some floyd in the background, its incredible.

Last edited:
^^^^ No one has any idea how safe smoking large doses of salvia extract is. I smoked 4mgs of pure salvinorin-a and lived, but that still isn't saying much. Plus, I know someone who had used psychedelics for years and smoked the plain leaf and had a complete mental breakdown for several weeks.

^ Yeah Salvia is definitely one drug I still mess around with *carefully*... that stuff is just plain 'weird', no other word to describe it.

2c-e for me. I was on about 20mg of it and the snow started falling and never before I had I felt more pleased with a psychadelic. That whole week I took a bunch of 2c-e because of a week long snow/ice storm we had. A once in a life time opportunity for me, and I enjoyed every second of it :)

bluedolphin said:
Those were good blotters ;)

I just came into a piece of the dragon blotter myself. I am glad to hear it is the real deal. The blotter sheet itself was impressively visual without having even eaten any. Very cool design.

I need to revise my answer.

DPT

This is good to hear, as I'm going to be trying out DPT for the first time this weekend. :)

As far as most visual psychedelic, that's a tough one. As others have noted, salvia divinorum is immensely trippy in the strangest way, being that it can instantly submerge you into this entirely different reality- complete with accompanying visuals that make that reality seem utterly real. So in one second you're *here*, and in the very next second you're all the way over........................*there*. It's wild stuff.

A lot of the research chems come with very cool visuals, but I honestly don't have enough experience with them to judge one above the other- so for right now I'd have to say my most visual psychedelic goes to my all-time favorite, the ol' reliable psilocybin mushroom. %)

I generally don't get heavy visuals but DMT....fuck>My visual field was so totally altered,just the intense visual aspect frightened me(forget the "headfuck")

Salvia totally removed me from my surroundings,not visual in the traditional sense.....still,I'd call watching you body disintegrate before your eyes "visual"