• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

The Most Visual Psychedelic Thread

DMT DMT DMT DMT!!!!!

DMT IS THE MOST VISUAL that anyone I know personally (including myself) has done. The patterns, colors and flowing ribbons of gold, white, blue..... I need to go make some Ayahuasca!! I have found A/B extraction to be a pain in the ass. So I go with the Ayahuasca method (rue & M. Hostilis), it is alot easier and very quick as well.

All in all, If you haven't tried DMT, get some MHRB and some rue and you are set. DMT blows any psychadelic I have tried right out of the water, very profound and highly enjoyable.

Happy trippin!!

DMT, DPT, then 4-Aco-MIPT/4-AcO-DET mixed. In that order.

That's my experience anyway!

Of things I have used:
With Salvia i usually close my eyes in a dark room and "break through", as in go to a completely fabricated existence. IMO Salvia is just something else completely compared to these other substances. 5g+ dry Shrooms (the little tiny baby ones, I know some of you know what I'm talking about) tend to give me the most intense visuals. Ayahuasca is the second best (the setting has to be right IMO..think mountain peak lake 500 feet below the highest point in New Mexico in Carson national forest). Then 2C-E which gives very odd visuals, but they never seem to get out of hand. 2C-I is wierd, it is one of the only psychedelics that I can actually stop or extremely lessen the visuals with. However, If I stare at a bumpy surface or something and try to manipulate the visuals they will become much stronger. Also, though not a real psychedelic, when I first used DXM the "visuals" were pretty damn intense.

Last edited:
4-AcO-DET was by far the most visual experience I have had as far as classic tripping visuals, cascading breathing tracer etc. If we are talking true hallucinations, then that is a whole nutha discussion. Stuff like duster, salvia, 1,4 butanediol, and dxm have provoked some off the most realistic hallucinations I have ever been part of. I was totally a part of some other reality, doing things and talking as if I were actually there, only to gain awareness that I was hallucinating after I was sucked back out of the delusion into my bedroom or something...but as far as 4-AcO-DET, it really only did me up fantastically the first time I tried it. But it was magical.

DPT freebase also has a very classic psychedelic visual aspect to it for me.

i think this isn't really a possible question to answer, as all drugs give different types of visuals. A better question may be which drug gives the BEST visuals...

I think that any substance that allows you to consume much more than the average dose with no real risk of OD, such as lsd, mushrooms, dmt(to an extent) are hard to compare because it is easy for someone who has done say 2000mics of lsd to say it takes the cake, but someone else will have done 20gs of dryed mushrooms and say nothing compares to that. THen some may have injected 50mg of dmt and say it can't be topped.

Others such as 2c-xx substances are easier to compare because the doses start to MAX out at a fairl low dose, b4 OD'n becomes a serious possibility. However, I'ev only tryed 2cb so i cant give much info on these.

mushrooms; My fav drug of them all. I found mushrooms will give much more of a *morphing* effect than other psycs. I find mushooms the most likely on high doses to actualy completely transform my enviroment into something from another planet. I also find mushroom visuals VERY easy to control. I can more or less *summon* ANY visual effects anyone has ever described on these boards and control their intensity, duration, etc. Just switch them on and off. A very GOD-like experience. Very humbling also.

LSD: lsd i find is much more pattern orientated. Things also *melt* somewhat depending on the doses. Everything gets extremely BRIGHT on lsd. I've never done more than 600mics of acid though, but i cant wait to try 3k-4kmics of acid one day...

DMT: ah.. dmt, i wouldn't say dmt is the most visual, but it is perhaps the biggest visual-system-shock. Going from completely normal vision to utter chaos in a matter of seconds is pretty insane. I find much more clarity in my vision when on dmt than on mushrooms, for examply, even when on a large dose of dmt i can still read small print and such, it always seems like i wont be able to, but when i try, i can. I find DMT visuals very similar to mushroom visuals, but without so much distortion

Also, closed-eyed visuals on mushrooms and dmt and the most amazing drug experiences i have ever had. They can take you instantly to alien worlds and such. Very VERY intense.

Only ever tried DMT and mushies. I can see why people are rating DMT up their, boy is it full on. Still had a good time with mushies but DMT = number 1

p-mo said:
Yeah.... Above 30g (wet) the trip itself is so intense that it is all I can do to sit and ponder the meaning of life....

At about 25-30g the trip tends to be fairly friendly and I can enjoy watching my walls melt! :)

I agree but for me, I need 70 grams to have a friendly trip. most I had was 120g and the onset was so fast, perhaps half an hour before I was getting visuals and not much more than an hour before I begin to peak. I was just laying on bed most of the time with all the lights off, couldnt concentrate much on the visuals was lost in my own thoughts. never tried anything else besides dxm but shrooms are 100000x more visual than dxm. high dosages of shrooms are quite visual if you dont spend half the trip just laying in bed! next time I take em I will sit by my fishtank and see what happens :p

MagickalKat777 said:
5-MeO-DMT > MDA >= 4-AcO-MiPT > DMT >= Shrooms > 2C-E > 2C-I

ah yeah, mda... everything becomes a video game with pastel colors8o

having done 5MeoO-DMT, mushrooms, lsd, 2c-b, and 2c-e, i'd say that my second 2c-b trip was the most visually rich experience i could ever imagine.

we did an unnecessarily high dose, and intranasally, so that did have something to do with it, but never did i feel uncomfortable or out of control. i had the amazing sexy 2c-b energy body feeling euphoria, very minimal headfuck, and insaaaaaaaane visuals. 30mg nasally. i want more :(

and a close second would be my first mushroom trip, 3.5g of the best mushrooms i could imagine.... they sent two of my friends to the hospital on that trip as a matter of fact, i'm glad i had enough of my wits about me to get out of there before the cops showed up... wow what a day.

5-meo-dipt (120mg LOL http://www.geocities.com/stuckmojonigga/foxytard.txt >2ct4 (35mg Totally blew away any report on 2ct7 ever seriously...This substance at higher dosages blows anything away..besides my rediculous dose of 5-meo-dipt)>AMT (120mg)>LSD(5 Hits nice paper yum!)>2ct7 (25mg)>2ct2 (25mg)>Mushrooms (3.5grams)>2ct21(20mg)>2ci (15mg)>2c-E (5mg snorted)>Ketamine>DXM>Salvia (Low starter dose...After that...Fuck this shit)>High Potency Herb>Duster(LOL)>And finnally the lamest of the lame *****MIPT****(OFFICIALY THE LAMEST VISUAL TRYPTAMINE AT A TOTAL OF 80MG

After some recent experiences, I feel the need to edit this...

MDA + DMT (at peak) > MDA > 5-MeO-DMT >= 5-MeO-a-MT >= 2C-E > 4-AcO-MiPT > a-MT >= LSD >= Shrooms > 2C-I > marijuana

Ximot said:
ah yeah, mda... everything becomes a video game with pastel colors8o

Hahaha! I had my first breakthrough dose of DMT while blasted off of two really strong MDA pills. I was already having the pastel video game thing going on and I was watching pastel text fall down the walls of the club.

We decided to go out to my car and smoke DMT once we had all peaked, which we decided was fine after about 30 minutes of peak time.

All I have to say is WOW! Nothing will ever touch the experience that I had! I became a sound wave, pulsating through the bodies, hearts, and souls of everyone at the club. I could feel the vibe of the club shoot out the roof (there was none to speak of before this point in time) and I was still in my car. Visually... well, I was a sound wave... I think that says it all right there. :D

Be careful though, MDA really potentiated the DMT experience for us. We smoked 20mg a piece, each of us having experience with 40mg+ doses of DMT. None of us had ever broken through... this night, we all did. Also, the DMT trip was extended greatly. We were "peaking" (it took on the "rolling" effect of MDA) for about 45 minutes. Total experience was about 1hr 30min... not for the light hearted. :)

2C-B gave me the most incredible and beautiful OEV ever! Just with 15mg.

Hmm... most psychedelic drugs can have you swimming in psychedelic soup if you take enough.

I like what chucky did, describing the differences...

LSD: I give this top ranks because of the quality, diversity, and relevence of the visuals. It's like I'm never seeing the same visual twice. Plus no other drug has blinded me with closed eyes and presented me with the most perfect art ever conceived by man. Everything is bright and beautiful, but a shift of your mood can cause everything to go dark and sinister. The visuals are really connected with your mental trip. CEVs range from blinding bursts of all-colors-at-once to breathtaking artwork to oddball psychedelic chain reaction machines.

Mushrooms: Mushroom visuals are like darker, eerier, more organic and flowing LSD visuals. At night you can watch the air currents drifting through a room like a soft stencil drawing in motion. The visuals compliment the mushroom headspace by adding a strange visual aspect of the trip, but seem more independent of your emotions and thoughts. CEVs are absolutely amazing, like Alex Grey artwork in full psychedelic motion.

Mescaline: Mescaline goes from visually mundane to creating expansive and meaningful trip-scapes before your eyes in seconds. At first everything has a soft and sparkly appearance, then wood grain begins flowing and faces form in it, then the ground starts patterning around your feet and the clouds start to look like a kaleidoscope. Then maybe a neon goddess will appear out of nowhere. You can draw tracers with your fingers through the air which stay there for minutes. The grass blades interconnect and then it looks like the ground is covered with a sparkling spider web. Well, these are things that I've seen on mescaline anyway. This is one drug where if you let yourself get lost in the visuals, you will be impressed, even though it may be able to ignore the visual aspect for much of the trip. CEVs are neon, photographic, or seductive.

2C-I: Kind of like mescaline but much less "creative". Everything is flowing, long tracers occur, and patterns form in lots of objects. But for some reason I find 2C-I visuals mostly repetitive and boring. CEVs are neon and flowery.

2C-B: This one seems to have no character of its own. The visuals vary from anything resembling mushroom, LSD, or 2C-I visuals. Actually it is more like LSD than any other phenethylamine I've tried, except the CEVs are far less interesting (color blotches and fractals) and the OEVs seem to have less variety.

2C-B + MDMA: This combination caused pixellated vision and an "overlay" effect which was like a transparent image of my CEVs presented over what I was looking at with my eyes open.

MDMA: Enough MDMA gives me photorealistic CEVs, true "hallucinations" like seeing things that aren't actually there, pixellated vision, and color blotches moving about the room. I wouldn't be surprised if my "mdma" experiences that were heavier on the visuals had some MDA mixed in.

HBWR / Morning Glory: Almost mushroom like, but brighter and sparklier and less movement in objects. Tapestries may swirl, lights may change colors, and cars may smile at you. But that is at the high end of the visual spectrum with this one. CEVs are often photorealistic images of ancient temples and natural scenes (at least for me).

AMT: Very similar to LSD: the same kind of movement in objects and patterning. The visuals lean more towards soft neon reds and yellows (rather than LSD's dominant bright blue) and the CEVs lean towards the sexy and seductive.

DXM: DXM visuals are lame until you break through to a certain point. When you are having an OBE on DXM the visuals are amazing. I have seen myself as a rock in the road in ancient rome, become a chariot racing around the sun, been part of a crowd at a Phish show, seen a three mile high electric Jesus walk over me, and been transported to a tropical island. All these visions were totally realistic. OEVs can also consist of objects melting, dissipating, and turning into other things. There is a drastic shift in "perspective", and things may appear larger, smaller, closer, further, or angled differently than they actually are.

Cannabis: Enough pot will give you visuals. Things become sparkly, then people can look like cartoons in your peripheral vision. Patterns and sparkly star like things can be seen with your eyes closed. Enough pot will even have objects turning into other objects.

Salvia: Its hard to count this one. The visuals aren't "normal". The floor beneath you will instantly become the wall in front of you, and your body will turn into a bunch of eyes, and then you will be in another world whether your eyes are open or not. The effects of the drug are so potentially extreme that the visuals are not really your main concern.

I guess that's all I've tried, or at least that I can remember right now.

bluedolphin said:
2C-B: This one seems to have no character of its own. The visuals vary from anything resembling mushroom, LSD, or 2C-I visuals. Actually it is more like LSD than any other phenethylamine I've tried, except the CEVs are far less interesting (color blotches and fractals) and the OEVs seem to have less variety.

i'm just curious, what doseage have you done?
i found just the pure strength and variety in the visuals from 2c-b gave it its own character and feel. very clear head while i was tripping, gained absolutely nothing from the night other than three hours of pure heaven, but that really surprised that you found the visuals LESS interesting than LSD. i havent explored much with lsd, but my trip off of 30mg of 2c-b insuffulated (i know that's quite high, most people are happy with that dose orally) was VERRRRRRRRRRRRRRY visually interesting. like i stated before, whole trees swan-diving out of the road, looking at a clear sky while lying in a field at night and falling backward through space, full hallucinations (elves forming out of grass and standing up, walking around). i watched a road sign, and the letters that said "Private Parking" started shaking, moving in and out, and then popped right off the surface of the sign, fully 3d.

up the dose and try it again. at no point did the trip get pushy or uncomfortable, and i find insuffulation is defintiely the way to go with 2c-b. didnt even burn for very long.

2c-e sucks.

I have yet to try DMT but I have had some outright unbelievable visuals on DPT (IV 55mg), followed by 2c-i, then lsd.

fuckin' excellent post bluedolphin. :D

Unfortunately I'm not experienced enough to judge which is the most visual.

zacamo said:
i'm just curious, what doseage have you done?

Orally between 15mg and 30mg, alone and mixed with mdma.
Sniffed between 5mg and 20mg, alone and mixed with mdma and LSD.

Here's a list of every drug I've tried that gave me visual distortions, starting from most visual to least visual.

2C-T-2 => 5-MeO-aMT => LSD => 5-MeO-DMT => Morning Glory Seeds => Nitrous Oxide => Ketamine => Cannabis => 5-MeO-DiPT => DXM => MDA => MDMA

I'll be able to work in Iprocin (4-HO-DiPT) to this list this weekend.

Last edited: