• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

The Most Safe Psychedelic

It depends on who you are really. I can't handle my shrooms. Almost all is my fault ( 6 grams and school is not the best condition when you haven't done them in a long time....good story though)
Shrooms just scare me right before they hit me idk why. Acid is my love but shrooms have taught me so much more about myself. Badtrips work wonders on egos and appreciation of life.
ALSO schizophrenic genes skip a generation. They will hit your kids if you have it. Atleast thats what i was told by many diagnosed. So your fine man but double check me on that always stay safe :D

i would agree that psilocin (the drug) is one of the safest psychedelics, but you must remember that every body is different, and thus there are certainly some people with enzyme deficiencies or allergic reactions to the non-drug components of wild mushrooms.

shrooms cos its natural.. but i always recommend with any psychedelic to have a positive mental attitude goign in. if you keep worrying about freaking out as it starts to kick it, you just might.

shrooms are somewhat safer in the fact that they do not last as long as acid, but it seems that mentally you have more influence over your trip on acid than on mushrooms. most people i talk to agree that it seems like bad trips are more common on mushrooms because of the way they affect your head space. in my opinion, certain phenthylamines(2ct7, 2cb, 2ci) produce good visuals but dont mess with your head as much, and bad trips are usually a result of your own thinking right? dont do 2ce if you are beginner though, because 2ce is one of the less forgiving of the 2c-x's. do your research before dosing on anything.

Safest drug I've found as of yet is Dextromethorphan. Unfortunately it has a bad reputation for being a "teen" drug. If taken as the only active ingredient 100 out of 100 times you'll be fine. You know how many deaths a year peanuts cause? 200. DXM however, zero.

Moral of the story: Peanuts are bad mmkay. DXM is good. :]

Last edited:
dmt, its in all our bodies and many other living things in trace amounts so imo its gonna be the safest for our bodies to have ingested, we just give our brains a good boost of it and our brain loves it more than anything else it lets through.
the chances of a bad trip are there with any psychedelic and also can be quit high with dmt, however if dmt is smoked in smaller sub breakthrough doses its usually just very colourful and very euphoric and will last from 5-10mins. i find 25-35mg doses to be very nice and not too overwhelming, its the breakthrough doses many people find frightening and hard to handle.

It depends on what is meant by "Safe". Are we talking physical toxicity only, or potential non-physical psychological damages. In the psychological realm, the damage is often (mostly) a self-created syndrome, in which the mind, through fear or other intense emotion, makes one 'feel' things that are in essence simply the result of an over stimulated mind. Recovery cannot be measured in medical terms.

In order to be accurate on the concept of "Safe" it is best to ignore psychological aspects as it is all gray area. So to answer this, I stick with the medical/toxic facts. And there are a number of psychedelic drugs that are quite safe.

Pot: It's been smoked or eaten since the dawn of man, and yet not one single person in the history if forever has ever died of a pot overdose. It's not toxic at any level (but this is not to say that it is physically harmless, just very, very, very safe.

LSD: Given that acid is taken in such minute doses (50 mcg - 250 mcg) an 'overdose' is practically impossible. There have been rare incidents (generally chemists, in a lab, accidentally assuming crystal LSD to be cocaine or similar drug, and snorting a line of pure LSD) involving ingestion of 100mg to 500mg (1000 - 5000 doses). In at least one such case the user entered a coma for 3 days, after which he made a full recovery. So in terms of the physical danger associated with LSD, there have been no deaths, ever, and most people could never afford to test the theory. LSD dangers lie strictly in the realm of the mind - but those dangers can be extremely real, and have have lasting, even permanent effects in extreme cases.

DMT, while probably the strongest psychedelic experience (in my life anyway) is also seemingly physically harmless, and no deaths have ever been attributed to its use.

Off the top of my head those are the three safest psychedelics known to man - as no deaths have resulted from them as a direct result of ingestion.

tmp

I guess Salvia would be considered "relatively safe."
That was the first psychedelic I've ever used. Not sure I'd recommend it for first-time trippers, as the visuals usually tend to be quite terrifying.
The trip itself is short (usually no longer than 45 minutes).

One person did OD on LSD and die, it was someone who thought it was speed and IVed I believe 300-350mg... they did die. Of course this is a ridiculous example as using it recreationally in a reasonable way will never get you anywhere approaching this territory. The number of people who have even had in their possession 350mg of crystal LSD has to be incredibly tiny as well compared to the numbers of people who have had LSD. So I agree LSD is about as (physically) safe as they come, but I just wanted to point out that there has been a death from it.

I'd consider marijuana to be the safest psychedelic. Some may disagree that it has psychedelic properties but I find the characteristics of thought patterns under its influence similar enough to be grouped with others.

*note - I haven't read the thread. At all*

From a physical/health safety perspective, in order of what I'd consider safest to least safe (obviously not scientifically accurate, but for the purpose here it won't make much difference):

*Cannabis
*mushrooms (obviously looking past the inherent risks of hunting/picking and eating the WRONG mushroom)
*LSD
*DMT

Though that being said, all psychedelics can be dangerous if taken in the wrong set/setting. Bad mindset could result in 'losing it' and doing something stupid, like thinking you can fly from a balcony lol....and setting could simply include potential dangers, like that balcony, where you'd normally be perfectly safe sober but poses risks when under the influence.

One person did OD on LSD and die, it was someone who thought it was speed and IVed I believe 300-350mg... they did die. Of course this is a ridiculous example as using it recreationally in a reasonable way will never get you anywhere approaching this territory. The number of people who have even had in their possession 350mg of crystal LSD has to be incredibly tiny as well compared to the numbers of people who have had LSD. So I agree LSD is about as (physically) safe as they come, but I just wanted to point out that there has been a death from it.

Fair point.....if the OP has a few thousand dollars to blow on LSD :p

*obligatory "you can OD on water" hahaha