• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

The Most Safe Psychedelic

cola said:
so i guess i'll be sticking to 2cx's and a really small dose of mescaline for now

2C-X compounds are what I'd advise as "beginner" psychedelics, because phenethylamines generally tend to be less anxiogenic than tryptamines and the 2C-X's are safer than the 2C-T-X's

chicpoena said:
In a technical sense, wouldn't LSD be the safest because of the extremely low amount needed and it's virtually non-toxic?

Fastandbulbous, would you say that tryptamines are safer than phenethylamines?

i think physically overdosing on phenethylamines is easier than tryptamines but tryptamines are more prone to producing difficult trips. i don't think anyone can say for certain what the safest pyschedelic is. its like asking what is the safest opiate. its whichever you respond to the best.

if you compare lsd to shrooms for example, lsd appears to be physiologically safer (but dying directly from either one of them would be highly unlikely anyway) and some people think it's "friendlier". however, lsd also seems more prone to producing symptoms of hppd than shrooms and it lasts longer, so a bad acid trip can really take a lot out of you. this is all based on what ive read because ive only done shrooms and never lsd. but either way, i dont think you can say which is safer.

I gotta go with psilocybin or lsd. Both are remarkably safe, even when compared to legitimately used pharmaceuticals. Or weed if we are counting it...

5-HT2 said:
2C-X compounds are what I'd advise as "beginner" psychedelics, because phenethylamines generally tend to be less anxiogenic than tryptamines and the 2C-X's are safer than the 2C-T-X's

Yeah actually thats the best bet. I would think maybe 2C-I or 2C-B probably favouring the latter as I find it less stimulating then 2C-I. Or, if you can, grab 2C-D, I have had one experience on that which was great.... a lot ofpeople seem to enjoy that chemical if its around. Maybe someone else can chime in about 2C-D.

But for short duration and love-love, smoke DMT. Doses can be titrated quite easily so as to work your way up to the big kablaaaam.

I gotta go with psilocybin or lsd

Initially, I would have said psilocin- as a synthetic product- because psilocybin/mushrooms can be downright terryfying, a quality that 4-Ho-DMT seems to lack???.

^I havent tried pure psilocin yet so I cant really compare:\

2C-D is, to use a local saying, purely belter. It's a shame it's more difficult to synth than 2C-B, because IMO it pisses all over 2C-B (everyone I've talked to who've had both tend to agree as well).

2C-D is gentle at doses under 50mg, has everything 2C-B has except for that propensity towards anxiety when you up the dose slightly. In fact 2C-D only starts to get problematic when you get into the 60mg+ dosage and then only for a few.

The comparison seems to hold true for DOB vs DOM as well, only DOM can shake your foundations pretty severely if you up the dose from the 3-5mg range

LSD Definetly

LSA = Body Load
2Cx = Add an MAOI and you've got trouble
DOx = Tend to last up to 30 hours
DMT = Very strong for a first time tripper
Mushrooms = More likley to hav a 'bad' trip.

I'd go with LSD as well. Physicaly virtually harmless and psychologically, at lower doses, a lot more forgiving than people often give it credit for. As a beginner, start low and go slow, remember set and setting, and you should be fine :) <3

^ Apart from the body load comment for LSA (well a mixture of ergoline alkaloids), the others are so vague or oblique that they don't really specifically apply - add an MAOI to any of them and you'll have trouble of some sort, from an overwhelming ayahuasca type trip to hypertensive crisis with some of the DOx range

DOHP said:
DMT = Very strong for a first time tripper

i disagree. how 'strong' it is solely depens on the dose and with dmt it's much easier to get the dose right than with lsd or shrooms. you can also titrate your dose upwards with dmt whereas eating more lsd will only make you trip longer (if you don't eat huge doses). i have had many mild dmt trips as well as a few 'strong' ones.

i would however agree in recommending lsd instead of mushrooms/dox/lsa. i don't know enough about 2c-x to have an opinion if they are better than lsd…

well i am a noob in the psychedelic area and i'm thinking about starting to experiment with them since i have access to some of them, and since i got kinda tired of other drugs
i heard a lot of bad things about some strong psychedelics like LSD,and i know it's kinda ignorant to believe in drug myths but well i'm worried that some of my psychological problems could re-appear
i had obsessive-compulsive behavior when i was a kid, suffered from extreme anxiety , and social anxiety for years,mild panic attacks, and had (and still have) a mild case of insomnia...and i always get really scared of havng bad trips, i just can't control them.
i mean is it true that LSD and such can make re-appear psychological problems that i had in the past? or can it make my anxiety worse?

Yes but it's a chance to overcome them as well.
LSD can treat anxiety or OCD, as well as exagerrate it and make it worse. Depends on lots of factors,mainly your approach and how you view the psychedelic experience. Heaven Or hell ; You Decide.

I would say get some serious reads, get some things straight about what's your self,about the nature of reality, about life,about the nature of your anxieties and phobias... before having touch with any psychedelic substance ..

fastandbulbous said:
If you mean psychedelic in the broadest sense, then obviously cannabis is the safest psychedelic

I had/have sort of a stress disorder, cannabis has caused me more anxiety than LSD.. !!

cola said:
well then i guess i'm gonna go with the phenetylamines, more specifically i found out that 2ce and 2cb might come around theese parts
and one other thing that captured my interest is mescaline, a friend of mine is growing a cactus,maybe a reaaaaaly small dose could be ok...

2C-E is not a beginner's psychedelic... it's worlds apart from 2C-B. 2C-E is one of the most difficult experiences I have had. Mescaline actually would make a great first psychedelic because it is very friendly and forgiving, and produces a calm mindstate, whereas LSD and mushrooms cause a very hectic and intense mindstate much of the time. Mescaline seems to have a reputation as more intense than mushrooms or LSD, maybe because of Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas. Back before I did my own research my friend who I always thought knew everything about drugs said that mescaline is "like taking 10 hits of acid and an eighth of mushrooms". Personally I find that to be utterly untrue and instead I find mescaline to be much easier to handle than either.

hmm well then i'll stick to the 2cb and the mesc
and master of deception what you sed is true...it all nad all depends on my mind and sorts...for exemple i cured mostly all of my social anxiety with dxm...i managed to overcome that disorder by socializing while on mild doses of dxm...
so if that counts maybe a true psychedelic would help not harm..i guess it all comes down to me and my exp...and if i would do a psychedelic it would be in a safe enviromen with some sober frinds with me and with my kind of music :)
at least at small doses (i always take small doses of a new dug, i never went over the top with any drug i was not familiar with)

2C-D is, to use a local saying, purely belter. It's a shame it's more difficult to synth than 2C-B, because IMO it pisses all over 2C-B

I concur - heavily concur.

I would recommend a low dose of mushrooms or a low dose of LSD for your first psychedelic experience. I tried LSD first and it was the most amazing experience of my life..The most important thing is to be mentally prepared!

I don't think PCP is considered to be a psychedelic, I thought it belonged in the same class at ketamine and similar disassociates...because PCP is in fact a disassociate...

^As with all strong dissociatives, PCP causes hallucinations, but also a lot of DA release which can account for the violence that can erupt from a very intoxicated PCP-head.

MasterOfDeception said:
I had/have sort of a stress disorder, cannabis has caused me more anxiety than LSD.. !!

I meant in terms of toxicity, mainly

As with all strong dissociatives, PCP causes hallucinations, but also a lot of DA release which can account for the violence that can erupt from a very intoxicated PCP-head.

Doesn't half cause some very uncomfortable muscle tension as well. Glad I got to try PCP, but I don't think I'd ever have it again

I didn't read anything in this thread or from the OP other then the title of the thread. There's essentially no such thing as a safe psychedelic...lol, or "the safest". I know there's a bunch of douche's that disagree with me on the subject, but each time...even the first time, you take ANY psychedelic compound...even weed...hell even meth...ANY drug I guess (because they all give you psychedelic effects to some extent..and I don't need to, want, or am going to debate this point........ Anyways, after a long drawn out and very stupid/supreme del grande/bliss/"fenlightenment" (fake enlightenment), ...yes even your first dose of any substance is like playing a game of russian roullete. You guys go shrug these words off like ants on your pants. Wtf ever. To anyone that actually taps in, reads, and understands what I'm saying...well, all I can say is ALWAYS, fucking ALWAYS start off with the lowest dose (in your gut instinct, aside from more technical knowledge), and wait up to 4, hell even 5 hours. Then up the dosage if the trip was weak. You can always take more, but restoring your sanity is slightly more tricky.

MasterOfDeception said:
Then stop fucking smoking pot? Mkay? Danger Will Robinson, Danger!