• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

The Most Auditory Psychedelic

LSD and Ketamine combined had me hearing the Thomas The Tank Engine theme music looped over and over. Had lots of auditory hallucinations from various substances, but that was the most vivid and realistic; I had to ask someone I was with why they were playing the theme tune constantly at this electronic music festival, at which they laughed and told me I was just tripping.

If you want pure auditory distortion that's not necessarily pleasant, go for DiPT.

In terms of my favorite, 4-ho-mipt has produced the most incredible music distortion and enhancement I've ever experienced. Would definitely recommend that chemical.

it's a one answer question in my experience
DiPT

i'm surprised that people who have taken it would even mention anything else. as the rest doesn't compare in any way

People are talking about noise, like with DMT, Nitrous and stuff like that. Sure.

But for me, I hear music clearly in my head when I take LSA/HBWR. I like that.

There's this South American plant hallucinogen called Sinicuichi that's famous for it's auditory hallucinations. Never done this before, but I remembered reading about it a while ago and it came to mind when I saw this thread. Here's the Erowid link:
http://www.erowid.org/plants/sinicuichi/

i tried sinicuichi but didn't get any results
i only had one average dose and i usually need higher doses than other people to reach the same state, so that might be the reason

IMO MDMA + LSD - ears were popping, stereo shifts were incredible, heard music that wasn't there, jet planes taking off, children singing, monks chanting. This was real MDMA in the 1990's in holland, and a decent dose (150) and really fresh LSD on a microdot (350ugs per dot and I took 2).

edit - I'm pretty sure that night I had bombay black hash chillums with freebase coke sprinkled on top too, so that may have played a part.

Last edited:
I've actually gotten very vivid auditory hallucinations during the tail end of high dose kratom.

I havent had an any psychedelics that were especially auditory and Ive had 2ci, 2ce, mdma, mda, lsd, lsa, 5-meo-dmt, n-n dmt, 4-ho-mipt, 4-aco-dmt, shrooms, n2o, ketamine...you get the point. Out of all these I would say mda was the most out there in terms of being close to delerium and not being able to distinguish between reality and trip for about 1-2 mintues of getting stuck in a trance.

However, LSA (more so than mdma) and also N2O were very much auditory in the sense that they enchanced everything around me and especially music. LSD is close but the visual and mental aspect is too overwhelming for me to listen to music while tripping hard. I also need to mention although not a psychedelic GHB also enchanches the auditory aspect of music, almost like MDMA but not as psychedelic.

The most intense auditory (and very impressive visually) was from doing bumps of ketamine over the course of 1hr-2hrs and after the onset of each bump I would take 1-2 maybe 3 nitrous balloons. This caused everything around me, my friends voice to become high alien pitched and the music and tv more distorted than ever. I believe ketamine is best used with n2o to this day and I am not someone that enjoys ketamine on its own.

Although I have never heard voices like you say, the only times that were like that were either from straight amphetamines or from amphetamine derivatives all the time being awake for more than 24hrs, even with pure/clean mdma (esp if mixed with coke), or even from the phenethylamines if awake for too long.

p.s. dmt (n-n-dmt) is incredibly insane and visual but never had 'voices' like u mention rather like a trance where everything is covered in your eyes with psychedelia and the sounds are of a different world they dont really amplify the sounds around you, other than amphetamine based psychedelics i've truly had voices and talking to imaginary people on anti histamines like 12-15 dramamine/gravol/benadryl. Also i candyflipped LSD + MDMA but I must have not done it right b/c I did the mdma 2hrs after high grade acid and ended up redosing on mdma 4-5hrs into the trip and passed out, but it was magical for the first part, I do remeber listening to music but can't recall the details, however LSA (Hawaian Baby Woodrose, only 3-4 seeds) along with some weed feels very much like a mild version of a candyflip.

Last edited:
LSD, definitely. Sometimes when I take it I start hearing this fantastic music. Like no genre I've heard before on no particular instruments, just this beautiful chaotic music. As real as if it were playing in the room. No other psych's have done that...

Super high dose LSD(1mg+) and 2C-T-2 gave me mind blowing aural hallucinations. 60mg of 4-HO-MET and 50mg DPT(both insufflated) had me hearing the most terrifying female wailing. It was like hearing women being tortured and hearing alien "probes" at the same time.

I am wondering, if you hear the voices in a trip, can you actually understand it? And what do they say? And how are the voices talking emotionally, I mean does the voice scream or really soft or just normal?

I had only 2 times that i heared voice and that was while I was tripping on 6APB. But i have to i was awake for 48 hours, so no sleep can also cause that.

My vote goes to nitrous oxide, 2-CE, or Dipenhydramine. All my experiences with 2ce were almost like i was flipping through a guitar pedal board, but with all sounds.

The NBOMe series can definitely get auditory. Also, vaporized DPT is very auditory.

DIPT is the only drug I would consider to be a true auditory hallucinogen. It completely alters everything you hear. It sounds down pitched, but it's as if not everything is down pitched the same amount. Some things sound so entirely different that you may not be able to identity what that sound or where it is coming from.

The most unique psychedelic experience I have ever had.

A little off topic, but does anyone know if there have been any studies on auditory processing in the brain conducted with DiPT? I have not heard of any such endeavor, which strikes me as ludicrous given the profound effect the chemical has, universally, on sound. Clearly, DiPT is interacting with the specific auditory centers in our brain to a degree not seen with other psychedelics.

It truly is a wonderful example of how psychedelics are not all just minor variations on a single theme, but each possess their own, unique character and pharmacological profile. :)

Inhaled hydrocarbons give unreal auditory hallucinations although obviously not a psychedelic it feels like N20 x 1000