Ritchie

ritchie-paint-001.jpg

m_ritchie1.jpg

mario22.jpg

ritchie-install-003.jpg

matthew-ritchie.jpg

Last edited:
AmorRoark said:

I usually don't like this kind of art, but the way it's laid out is very attractive. All these postings make me wish I missed the MOMA when in NYC the other month!

^hehe I posted those when I wasn't exactly sober. ;) Now they bring back good memories. I think I enjoy them even more now! :)

^ Very cool. :) The Japanese are really establishing themselves in modern art, huh?

^Glad you like it. :) Lots of awesome Asian contemporary art out there, some really good ones from China too (even more so than Japan, IMO) ..I'll try to dig some up.

I really like those, especially this one:
tishida22.jpg

Lots of emotion seems to be behind it.

Pander the seal:
^Nope :D I read about him in an Asian art magazine months ago, and another friend sent me a link to his work just recently!

I really like those, especially this one:
tishida22.jpg

Lots of emotion seems to be behind it.

Yeah, his paintings have this despairing quality about them, right? Here's a bit of trivia about him:
Tetsuya Ishida died on May 23, 2005 at the age of 31 after being hit by a train. The official book of his works (published in 2006) lists the cause of death as "accident". Because of the dark nature of his work, however, many people consider his death to be a suicide. The issue of whether his death was suicide or accident is not agreed upon by fans of his work.

^;)<3

Some Chinese contemporary art pieces that I am loving right now...
Feng Dakang
50742780cc7.jpg

15941445sf6.jpg

Hao Shiming
12115189vk3.jpg

58786311al1.jpg

Photography
Hong Hao
23414164kn0.jpg

48536927kc2.jpg

Cao Youtao
50474264mx8.jpg