• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

RCs The Methiopropamine N-methyl-1-(thiophen-2-yl)propan-2-amine (MPA) Megathread V2

Really sorry to hear that mate - I've quite a few friends struggling with getting help from government for various reasons (mental health, disability, addiction etc.) & it saddens me how much the gov't / social services don't seem to give a toss about people in vulnerable situations - whether their fault or not. I hope your problems sorts its-self out - and I apologize in advance if this sounds a bit preachy, but I really hope you can work to do what you can to prevent filling gaps in your life with drugs like this - it makes it so much harder to get off the train later - once it takes the place of better coping mechanisms it's really fucking hard to shake.

For me, I took a lot of stuff to help me cope with a time a couple years ago when my girlfriend took really seriously ill (she was in intensive care for a long time with a rare genetic disease that's fucked her kidneys and all sort) and it's still hard for me not to use when life hits me with challenges - sometimes the excuse is just needing the energy, sometimes just a break from feeling shitty but in the end the problems are still there and need to be dealt with head on rather than put to one side.

For me, MPA isn't the most harmful drug in the world, but it has at times for me been very easy to use it in substitution for parts of your life that weren't going well.

Anyway, take care & hopefully one day in the future you'll be able to take it because you want to get 'high' and have a good time, rather than as a coping strategy.

Peace,
M

can anyone give me a wild guess why the hell i keep vomiting each and every time i bomb MPA? I got it from the most reputable source in the UK so I know it's the real deal and just good ol' pure MPA. Is it because im bombing it rather than sniffing? btw, i'm not the only one with this problem. one of my girlfriends also had to go pukey-pukey in about 30mins after bombing some MPA. is this just a side effect for some people or what? Otherwise i get all the usual stimulation, good head rush etc. and cant say anything bad about it, but after vomiting it does leave me with a kind of "poisoned" feeling lasting for the next 24hrs. I hope anyone can shed some light on this issue me and some other people have been having. Cheers, You guys!

I'm not sure why you are vomiting, however when MPA is snorted for me I feel nausea and a sickly feeling. One time I stayed up 2 days by snorting and my mind felt broken in the morning. I consumed 300mg over the night. In the morning I felt sick and tired regardless of the amount of MPA used, the more I used the slower I became essentially. I did the same thing by plugging it with the same amount and I stayed up 2 days in a row again, however I felt fine by day 2 this time. Just to note I have a anal enema before I plug to make sure everything is absorbed, so this isn't an issue of dosage. I recommend plugging it since the high seems to feel more "chilled" and different from snorting and possibly bombing as well, this may solve your problem of being sick.

Foolsgold, I have read all your posts on this thread and I hope you get back on your feet. Like another poster suggested a while ago if you do get back on your feet you should try and find a hobby to enjoy, as this may help take your mind of drugs. Setting goals for yourself can also help and give you a good sense of accomplishment when each goal is met and this is like a high within itself.

Best of luck to you Foolsgold.

As DrGreenthumb said, the council should re-house you somewhere. If they are giving you problems then go to the Citizens Advice Bureau and let them know your situation. There are also other government agencies and charities that can help, I can't name any but google is your friend.

If you have tried your best it might be time to engage a solicitor to act on your behalf, if you are in receipt of any benefits then I think you can get Legal Aid so it doesn't cost you anything.

If you have to, try contacting local media sources (radio/newspapers) and telling them your story. I think that would soon solve your main problem, i.e. homelessness.

Best of luck mate, remember to never give up and never give in, you will win <3

Cheers sorry for the late reply had my computer stolen so not been around much

Ended up injecting shit speed instead while shit faced on booze

Thinking this week I will get a gram just to have something to do

I get slight nausea with taking small bumps, mild dizziness and lethargy, some small rushes and tingling but this very subtle and that's it. My experience seems to be different to everyone else's and worried I'd been supplied with wrong thing. Ordered some from another source and its the same. No stimulation, clearheadedness just mild unease, queasy. This one's a complete miss for me, confused why I've reacted unusually to it. All my other researches have been roughly in line with the majority.

Had 3g of this last week and even with a 3 month break found it very underwhelming any one else noticed this drop in quality ?

The truth is, if ANY RC needed optically resolving, it's this one. The pure (S) is a whole heap better than the racemate. They don't even make the methyl amine so people need less. It can even become a serotonin releaser if:

1-(thiophen-2-yl)propan-2-amine

became

(2S)-N-methyl-1-(5-methylthiophen-2-yl)propan-2-amine

It would be 4x stronger. The unwanted isomer simply oxidized to ketone...

The truth is, if ANY RC needed optically resolving, it's this one. The pure (S) is a whole heap better than the racemate. They don't even make the methyl amine so people need less. It can even become a serotonin releaser if:

1-(thiophen-2-yl)propan-2-amine

became

(2S)-N-methyl-1-(5-methylthiophen-2-yl)propan-2-amine

It would be 4x stronger. The unwanted isomer simply oxidized to ketone...

Brilliant! Sell it to the Chinese and have them make me some good dope. Thank you.

Would this be of any use as a Ritalin type stimulant? I've never had Ritalin but I wanna be able to concentrate on my work for large periods and I hear this isnt bad for that.

I haven't found anything to help me study. Ritalin type would be too euphoric and lead me off to obsessively checking my music collection at best, or doing chores....
MPA seems to be unlike Ritalin from looking at a lot of research, however I couldn't even subjectively advise on this as I have an atypical reaction to it as I have posted elsewhere.

A general question though, for those who describe MPA as a purely functional stimulant; why would you use this instead of Modafinil which possibly has less worrying side effects? Just curious really.

As for Modafinil my experience was that it didn't help me focus on study as it gave me a jittery headachey feeling like too much coffee. It did however keep me awake, which given that I am always tempted to go and lay down and have a nap rather than focus on work, you could say it helped me indirectly.....!

MPA is the best legal stim on the market IMO love dat shit

I ended up buying this. If I decide to do it,I'll give a report on the effects etc.

DISCLAIMER: I'm not great with all the 'science' side of stuff,so I've just described things in an anecdotal sense,feel free to let me know what the actual names are for symptoms,etc..

Ok so I bought 50 mg tablets x10. Took the first one at approximately 11.15. Within about 20 minutes I get a 'floaty' sort of feeling,my limbs feel weird. I'd compare this to the MDMA come up,except without the euphoria. I think this drug makes you very 'jittery',and you can find yourself with a pretty big thought acceleration going on. Appetite surpression is readily obvious,I had a sandwich and I can't help but feel that'll take me through to dinner. Heart rate is raised,however as someone who drinks copious amounts of caffeine on a daily basis,I'm expecting this.

I decide I need to get out the house for a walk,and ending up walking approximately 5 miles before coming back home. I'll try and sum up the mental and physical effects below.

Mental effects
Thought acceleration
Very slight increase in confidence
Anxiety can creep up(this is something I experience sober anyway however)
Compulsive redosing-I would describe myself as someone with a addictive personality,however I was surprised that I couldn't resist 2 more doses after the first one.
Very very mild euphoria
Libido increase
Physical effects
Makes your dick tiny,and your fingers and limbs feel sort of tingly(vasoconstriction?)
Makes you sweat shit loads
Mild Bruxism

Overall,this isn't a bad drug at all in my opinion. Keeps you relatively clear headed,and takes away the boring feeling of everyday tasks. Only thing currently putting me off using this reguarly is the anxiety aspect,however this is more a personal issue I feel than to do with this substance. If any one has any sort of questions,feel free to ask :)

Apparently we've been wrong about MPA's mechanism of action all along. It looks like it's primarily noradrenergic rather than dopaminergic and it's a reuptake inhibitor instead of a releasing agent.

That actually makes a ton of sense. It explains why most people find MPA functional rather than euphoric. It's probably safer than we initially thought as well.

I've been off it completely for well over a year but I feel a lot better about having taken hundreds of grams of that shit now.

It's still potentially cardiotoxic and I did find that long-term use was giving me heart complaints but they've settled down a lot since I quit.

Looks like MPA is going to be the last man standing in the RC stim market with the recent ban of EPH etc.

Hope you're all doing well. Especially you, foolsgold!

Last edited:
I gave MPA up for two months, my motivation improved, I became happier but always falling asleep by 9pm. Now I tried the M&M pellets for the first time today and they're quite good but very over priced. My pupils are really wide! :)

Apparently we've been wrong about MPA's mechanism of action all along. It looks like it's primarily noradrenergic rather than dopaminergic and it's a reuptake inhibitor instead of a releasing agent.

That actually makes a ton of sense. It explains why most people find MPA functional rather than euphoric. It's probably safer than we initially thought as well.

I've been off it completely for well over a year but I feel a lot better about having taken hundreds of grams of that shit now.

It's still potentially cardiotoxic and I did find that long-term use was giving me heart complaints but they've settled down a lot since I quit.

Looks like MPA is going to be the last man standing in the RC stim market with the recent ban of EPH etc.

Hope you're all doing well. Especially you, foolsgold!

cheers :) not had any in the last 3 weeks so not doing to bad at the minute

Bought some more of this. On it at the moment. A bit unsure about how I feel about it tbh,nice amount of euphoria to be had but feel a bit depressed now.