• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Gabapentinoids The Lyrica (Pregabalin) Mega Thread v 2.0

Oh okay. I used to take 425mg of Venlafaxine and 300mg of Pregabalin for the therapeutic relief of anxiety and I wouldn't say that the Venlafaxine reduced the effectiveness of Pregabalin. Then again, this was at therapeutic doses, not recreational. But no, I'm not aware that Venlafaxine would inhibit the effects of Pregabalin?

oh okay cool. How long is the "high" supposed to last for?

I didn't think Lyrica's withdraw is strong at all, IMO/E.

That's interesting, how long were you on it for and at what dose?

Out of several opiates, benzodiazepines, and SSRIs/SNRIs that I've been dependant on over the years - I'd say that Pregabalin easily tops the list for horrific withdrawal symptoms, followed closely by Venlafaxine/Effexor.

If I forgot to take my morning dose I'd be in a pretty bad state of withdrawals by early afternoon, classically starting with a detachment from reality. It's horrible, but I guess we're all different.

How many days can I use lyrica in a row without suffering withdrawal? I'm currently on day 4, I'm using it to alleviate a phenibut withdrawal and a very mild short term benzo wd. I've been taking about 400-700mg a day. Escalating as the tolerance builds. not using it to get high just to mask the wd from phenibut... but phenibut will give me wd (insomnia, depression for days) after only like 7 days use. How is lyrica?

My dr. gave me some sample packs of 50mg Lyrica today and a script I can fill if they help me. Never taken them before but he's trying to find something to help with neuropathy. Percocets and Muscle relaxers are helping some but I still hurt. I'm going give it a try! I've had neck surgery and have a titanium plate in my neck and multiple procedures on my back. So I know being completely pain free is just a dream!!

I am tapering off of my oxycodone, and was craving really badly last night. After reading a lot here on BL, I thought I would try a Lyrica 150 mg, of which I have some left over from several years ago. Wow! I got a really weird high last night, basically passed out and had the most vivid dreams... one was of me trying to find oxy's and just having the worst time trying to get some. I woke up and felt that drunk feeling that often comes with Lyrica. I am trying it again this evening, and it is not as intense, so the tolerance builds quickly. I threw 200 mg of gabapentin in as well. I am trying to do anything to stay on my taper from the oxycodone.

I think you should preserve the use of lyrica for afterwards because it's nothing short of a godsend for withdrawals.

Thanks, baooozs, I appreciate the feedback. I will definitely save them. I think you know that I am anticipating changes at my pain management clinic. Actually, I was told at my last appointment by my doc, who I like very much, that she was being replaced. Due to the unknown, I want to be prepared for being cut off, and having to go through withdrawals, so I will keep them for later.

I've taken 3 50mg Lyrica today, I staggered them tho. 50mg first, 100 mg later in the day. I'm on Oxys too. 4 x's a day. My Dr. Just switched me from hydro 10 to Oxys yesterday. We'll see what happens. I'm going to take 100mg tomorrow morning and see what happens. If my feet and legs don't swell, l'll keep trying the Lyrica. I'll let you know what happens. ?

Thanks, baooozs, I appreciate the feedback. I will definitely save them. I think you know that I am anticipating changes at my pain management clinic. Actually, I was told at my last appointment by my doc, who I like very much, that she was being replaced. Due to the unknown, I want to be prepared for being cut off, and having to go through withdrawals, so I will keep them for later.

anytime.

save as much as you can. if you can get your hands on hydroxyzine and clonidine you'll be feeling like a champion in the midst of withdrawal. it's almost cheating if you ask me.

Yeah its not a great drug when used to oblivion, i.e. every day. Also if your Dr. titrated you up properly thats probably why you never got a good buzz from it.
As for dosing every 48 hours to avoid tolerance/withdrawal, good luck. I am pretty sure though it will catch up to you over time. Every 3-4 days is a safer bet.

Hi and thanks.
I've been using a few days on, 4-5 days and one day off where I use something else.
Sometimes I have two days off if I can.
I get really bad depression and anxiety but, I have just started a new higher dose HRT regime, and the HRT has helped my depression and anxiety a bit, as part of it was caused by lack of oestrogen due to my ovaries downing tools at age 42.
The HRT patch takes a few weeks to fully kick in like my last lower dose, so it's early days yet.
I am hoping to get days where I wont use, I felt ok this morning.
I have also just tapered off trazodone which I was using for 6 years, starting at 450mg, and gradually coming down to 0mg.
Even though it did fuck all for my depression, I am getting some withdrawals from it, depression and having to remind myself not to slip into negative thinking.
I am on 375mg lyrica today.
Up to now I have not had withdrawals from it, but I dunno how long they take to manifest.
It would be really nice to wake up in a good mood and not want any drug.

I'm starting a taper from Lyrica next week. 50mg a week. I've 600mg a day to withdraw from. It's shitty stuff. Been taking it daily for 6 months, feel like dementia has set in. I'm a lolloping mess of a man, feel like my short and long term memory been shot right through.

I'm starting a taper from Lyrica next week. 50mg a week. I've 600mg a day to withdraw from. It's shitty stuff. Been taking it daily for 6 months, feel like dementia has set in. I'm a lolloping mess of a man, feel like my short and long term memory been shot right through.

Best of luck with that.
Hope your memory returns soon.

0Hello everyone! first poster here on this forum..

I got a serious question here: can you combine lyrica ~250-300mg + 7.5mg imovane and then when all that shit has kicked in, i obviosly feel very relaxed atm.
The big question here is: Im sitting with some Changa( with 33%DMT) Extremely good quality on that shit, and im thinking if i can smoke some of this Changa/DMT too -
while being fucked from all the other stuff i have taken and that has already kicked in.

Is it safe for me to smoke DMT while being under lyrica and imovane? Can i die or something? any risks doin it while under these other influencing drugs?

Thanks in beforehand

EDIT: i went truly YOLO with this since i couldnt find information on the net what happends when you mix this shit.
I can say it works JUST FINE. its AMAZING!!!
First time i try DMT.

Last edited:
I stopped experimenting with it because one time the effect was a bit too much and it kept going. But for relief of nerve pain, I find it to be almost magic. I only have 25s and 75s (Well, I have a few 150s too but my prescription is 75s) so I keep it kinda low and only now and then. Too many horror stories on this thread for me to toy with withdrawals. In cases of nerve pain I have a 75 and maybe another later if needed but not usually. If I wanted a small buzz, I'd probably take 150-225. If I wanted to get mildly fucked up (oxymoron?), 300-450.

My boyfriend swears that the next day after an isolated (therapeutic) dose, his nerve pain is worse. Just putting it out there in case anyone else felt that way.

I find lyrica is best when kept for the odd occasion. The euphoria is nothing like Ecstasy but what is the same is this:
-tolerance builds quickly
-it's best saved for every now and then
-there can be a comedown or a withdrawal, depending on the person, dose and regularity of usage.
-it makes music sound better
-can give you that "pressure in the head" feeling that E/acid give.

The first time I took it I was weak in the legs and was stumbling all over the place. Never got that back again. IDK if I want to try.

I'm down from 600mg a day to 150mg a day. My ability to form coherent sentences has returned. Withdrawal side effects include aching body, sweating, depression, chronic insomnia, anxiety coupled with this very annoying butterflies in the belly feeling that just won't go away.

I have three weeks left to go, then I'm free from it once and for all...just in time for me holidays. =D

Got prescribed this garbage for my anxiety, was looking to get xanax. started at 150mg a day, made me feel like shit and bloated so I called and got off of it right away. I got insurance and it still costed me $50, dont see any recreational use in this shit except maybe to take 3-400 mg for the day after a benzo binge to get some sleep, or maybe it does something in super high doses but I didnt care for it

Hi all.
I tried Lyreca in my friends house one night and it was a great feeling. I am a recovering alcoholic and would pick 600mg of these over any bottle.
How do I go about getting them from my doctor or online ? I currently take mitrazapene on prescription @ 45 mg and I wonder if I should just say to my doctor that Lyreca or pregabalin help with my depression. I just came off 225mg of venlafaxine also.
Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks in advance

Sourcing of any kind is discouraged, however, lyrica is scheduled for neuropathic pain & is also used off label for GAD & social anxiety.

Rtp