• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Gabapentinoids The Lyrica (Pregabalin) Mega Thread v 2.0

No no on it for GAD and sleep issues. I do abuse it I won’t lie but it’s once a week/fortnight if that.

how much Preg do you take? I find that no amount of abstinence will reset your tolerance back to zero with Preg, but that may be just me.

Also I've heard that taking Magnesium supplements with it might help

has anbody tried snorting Pregabalin? Could it make the effects felt faster/stronger?

So far the only thing that seems to make Preg work better for me is having an empty stomach. Like not eating all day

Last edited:
I must admit that I suffer from (mental) pregabalin addiction. I've managed to withdraw from it several times, as well as from alcohol and benzos. The strange thing is that I don't suffer from addiction to alcohol and benzos anymore, but pregabalin is more addictive for me. And it's been for several years. As strange as it may sound, it's the only drug I feel addicted to, and have cravings for. I'm high on it again right now, and I just love it. I did have a few seizures from it a few times, but now when I add Valproate I don't get any twitches or seizures anymore.

For me pregabalin is just a wonder drug. Like a combination of alcohol, benzos, GHB and weed. Completely obliterates all anxiety, I get motivated and energetic, euphoric and social. Of course, it's not euphoric like e.g. MDMA, but I really can't manage more than a few weeks and then again I take huge amounts of pregablin (usually 1200mg+) to get high. Of oll drugs I've used in my life (and there are many), pregabalin is the only drug I have a more or less continuous craving for.

Are there any others in the same situation? I don't feel that the addiction is out of hand (at least yet), but it is a bit worrying that I can't get my thoughts away from it.

I must admit that I suffer from (mental) pregabalin addiction. I've managed to withdraw from it several times, as well as from alcohol and benzos. The strange thing is that I don't suffer from addiction to alcohol and benzos anymore, but pregabalin is more addictive for me. And it's been for several years. As strange as it may sound, it's the only drug I feel addicted to, and have cravings for. I'm high on it again right now, and I just love it. I did have a few seizures from it a few times, but now when I add Valproate I don't get any twitches or seizures anymore.

For me pregabalin is just a wonder drug. Like a combination of alcohol, benzos, GHB and weed. Completely obliterates all anxiety, I get motivated and energetic, euphoric and social. Of course, it's not euphoric like e.g. MDMA, but I really can't manage more than a few weeks and then again I take huge amounts of pregablin (usually 1200mg+) to get high. Of oll drugs I've used in my life (and there are many), pregabalin is the only drug I have a more or less continuous craving for.

Are there any others in the same situation? I don't feel that the addiction is out of hand (at least yet), but it is a bit worrying that I can't get my thoughts away from it.

I agree - Pregabalin, when it works, does feel good - kind of spaced out, trippy, but not in an unpleasant way. You say 1200mg is a huge amount, but I've taken way more, sometimes several grams to get the good feeling. And at that amount there's a danger of blacking out, although I don't think they're as risky as Benzos in that respect. I do worry taking such high doses might have other unwanted effects as it's a relatively new drug so there are unknowns about it.

The problem with Pregabalin is the rapid onset of tolerance. Often I get nothing from it even after weeks of abstinance, so it's strange. I envy people who can take a couple of capsules and feel good. I'm not sure my tolerance will ever reset

Has anyone tried combining Lyrica with cyclizine? Would they go well together?
Cyclizine is generally an opioid thing. Can make morphine type opiates heavenly. And I'm sure it's great with IV methadone too. It's great orally..
Noticed no real improvements or synergy with cyclizine and lyrica.

Has anyone tried ordering ~1kg amounts from china?

Makes the prices much more available. Like crazy cheap.

I agree - Pregabalin, when it works, does feel good - kind of spaced out, trippy, but not in an unpleasant way. You say 1200mg is a huge amount, but I've taken way more, sometimes several grams to get the good feeling. And at that amount there's a danger of blacking out, although I don't think they're as risky as Benzos in that respect. I do worry taking such high doses might have other unwanted effects as it's a relatively new drug so there are unknowns about it.

The problem with Pregabalin is the rapid onset of tolerance. Often I get nothing from it even after weeks of abstinance, so it's strange. I envy people who can take a couple of capsules and feel good. I'm not sure my tolerance will ever reset
I've read a lot about tolerance to Lyrica. Does the tolerance build up affect just the high, or, if you're taking it for nerve pain (similar to diabetic nerve pain), does long term use diminish the relief you get from nerve pain. I ask because I'm supposed to take 150 mg three times a day, but I take it only twice a day since I can't afford even the copay. My dosage hasn't been changed in over 5 years, but even at 2 times daily I get tolerable relief. Thanks.
Peace.

Last edited:
I've read a lot about tolerance to Lyrica. Does the tolerance build up affect just the high, or, if you're taking it for nerve pain (similar to diabetic nerve pain), does long term use diminish the relief you get from nerve pain. I ask because I'm supposed to take 150 mg three times a day, but I take it only twice a day since I can't afford even the copay. My dosage hasn't been changed in over 5 years, but even at 2 times daily I get tolerable relief. Thanks.
Peace.

i'm not sure, but if you're being prescribed it and it's not working I would let your doctor know

Peace.
Tolerance will likely affect its analgesic effects, though it will do it very slowly if you keep a strict schedule without dose variation and individual variability could play a role. If it works go on like that and if you feel you need more you could probably go higher as long as you can afford it. As you said you get tolerable relief I would probably keep on your dose if I was in your shoes, but you are probably the one who is in a better position to evaluate it.

Tolerance will likely affect its analgesic effects, though it will do it very slowly if you keep a strict schedule without dose variation and individual variability could play a role. If it works go on like that and if you feel you need more you could probably go higher as long as you can afford it. As you said you get tolerable relief I would probably keep on your dose if I was in your shoes, but you are probably the one who is in a better position to evaluate it.
When I say "tolerable relief" I mean I get pins and needles in my feet quite often. If that goes to the next stage, then I have to go to 3 times a day, and just somehow afford it. The generic is only a few dollars cheaper for some reason. (Greed?).

When I say "tolerable relief" I mean I get pins and needles in my feet quite often. If that goes to the next stage, then I have to go to 3 times a day, and just somehow afford it. The generic is only a few dollars cheaper for some reason. (Greed?).
Do you get the pain in the last hours before the next dose? I haven't used it for medical reasons, but to avoid the worst of withdrawal I have used your kind of schedule while tapering. When the dose is quite short I was starting to feel some withdrawal symptoms if I just used a twice a day schedule, thing that didn't happen if I use it three times a day.

It is very unfortunate you have to feel pain for economic reasons. Pharma industry is quite a mafia.

this stuff knocks m hard smooth wake up in th morningfresh as could wake up but the whole day buy i could wake all day

Just for general info and not saying its a fuct but Lyrica and gabapentin helped a lot with alcohol wd's especially mentally for me, plus they also help to some degree with rls

Just for general info and not saying its a fuct but Lyrica and gabapentin helped a lot with alcohol wd's especially mentally for me, plus they also help to some degree with rls
I wouldn’t say I’m dependent on benzos but I’m definitely having some rebound anxiety in between doses. Supposedly this doesn’t act directly on your gaba receptors so would this help ease rebound symptoms without exacerbating them? Always trying to find a loophole.

I wouldn’t say I’m dependent on benzos but I’m definitely having some rebound anxiety in between doses. Supposedly this doesn’t act directly on your gaba receptors so would this help ease rebound symptoms without exacerbating them? Always trying to find a loophole.
I personally have never used it for anxiety when coming of benzos but they do have anxiolytic properties that bind to deffirent receptors so it might work but i will wait for someone more clued up on that part to respond