• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Gabapentinoids The Lyrica (Pregabalin) Mega Thread v 2.0

Pregabalin - do you find it has a rapid tolerance onset, and how long a break do you have to give it to reset tolerance
I do in fact build tolerance quickly with any of the gaba family drugs. However... I try to keep doses fairly low (for me) for maintenance and only dose to re-create less than twice a week. With this schedule I do not seem to have much tolerance to any of them, keeps the efficacy efficient and protects me from serious withdrawals... which is a must as I am fragile.
What do you find is your optimal dose of Phenibut for sharpening your senses?
Ahhh, it would depend. If I am alone or just chillin I could probably do a few grams and not feel much but would more than likely pass out and sleep like a baby. If in a social atmosphere; around a gram would do but I dose 1.5g if planning on working (busiest of days) or hanging out with the fellas - which is really not often (never) since covid. It really is a "situational" substance to me. Just all depends on the person and the surroundings, IMO/E. But definitely phenibut shines if one is out in public and socializing. Just my take.
And what is an FAA Option?
It's a free amino acid form of phenibut rather than the hcl I am used to. Do not have a lot of data to spit but there is much written about it here and elsewhere. Supposed to be quicker onset and less acidic... iirc it is "stronger" than hcl by weight? Not sure.
Do you mean you think Modafinil might be dangerous or ineffective?
It just didn't sound like what I was looking for. Wasn't trying to get super-smart or focused; it was just a welcome side-effect (the focus part) of phenibut as without benzos I can def be all over the place, man. My search was more about finding something that could curb my benzo fiend and help with anxiety without getting bombed. There is more to it than that but another day?

Hey, bro. Nice to chat for a few. Hope all is well and ya'll being safe.
best of wishes,
Me

I’ve tried Modafinil with Pregabalin a few times a short while back and enjoyed the combo. I like the sedating properties of Pregabalin too much though haha.

yeah same for me except I haven't found Phenibut has given me many nootropic effects yet - I've gone up to 2000mg of Phenibut. Have you also tried Modafinil by any chance?
Phenibut was never a nootropic. Calling it one just makes it easier to sell because it makes people think it's not dangerously addictive and seem innocuous. Any nootropic type effects are solely through its mechanism of action, it doing its job as a synthetic analogue of GABA. If you're not achieving what you were looking for at 2 grams, I would quit while you're ahead.

If you go back through this thread from the beginning you can read several accounts regarding Pregablin and just how crazy fast tolerance builds. Something like opiates takes weeks to build a noticeable tolerance from the first use. Same with alcohol or benzos. Pregablin builds a very noticeable tolerance in one day.
From having had nothing in a week it takes me 300 mg to pass out (2 hours later, starting on an empty stomach). The very next day its more like 450 mg for the same effect. And by day 3, 300 is what it takes just to stop my wds, probably 700-800 mg to pass out again.
Nothing has the ability to build tolerance like Pregablin, and it’s got the worst wds of anything. Benzos can give you a seizure, but Pregablin will make you carve out your own eyeballs with a spoon.

Thanks, does nor sound like a drug I want to try 😯🙈 . Not sure why we would? I want to to get off of hydrocodin , and have been told of , Kraton , and Gabipentin, lope can all help? I just know myself, and anything that has me feel better, I will keep taking 🙈!!
i do n want to “ Dig my eyes out with a spoon”

Thanks
is gabipentin just as bad
I want off of my pain meds, I have pain, but the mental trip of opiates Sucks!!
When not on them:
No energy
and depression
I take a SSRI now 20 mgs

It’s fun, but really only for once or twice per week. If you can’t stop yourself generally from using something every day then Pregablin would be a giant mistake.
If low dose yes, otherwise many might be thinking why they are feeling bad after not taking it.

For me once a week is too much. Tested about a year. Works yes but whole week in something like minor wd. I bet I'm not the only one.

Hi guys hope you're all surviving lockdown.
Ok so I have been trying phenibut as a possible lever to slowly replace the pregablin that I am prescribed currently 600mg daily.
So far I have tried the phenibut hcl capsules 400mg and at a dose of about 2g there was a definite tangible effect similar but not the same as pregablin. I moved in then to phenibut FAA which is almost pH neutral and can be insufflated or taken sublingualy which is reported to increase the BA up to 70%. Now let me talk about the FA powder.
The powder is extremely fluffy, it's like a finely ground flour. It sticks together and is hard to chop and line up. That being said I did persevere and have used it up to about 2g via this roa, I did not feel anything close to the effect of the HCL, it was as close to tasteless as it could be Vs the HCL which tastes like shit and burns like a poker if insufflated.
I wonder if there is a cross tolerance with my pregablin and therefore I was getting diminishing returns on the FAA.
Having finished the 25g bag of FAA I am left thinking that the HCL seemed to work better even though FAA is reported to be both stronger in it's concentration of phenibut and up to 30% more effective via the 2 ROA, sublingually or insufflated. Also to snort enough for a dose was a feat in itself given its fluffy expansive consistency.
In conclusion my subjective evidence contradicts the science but to me the ingested HCL dose worked better than the FAA.
Can anyone advise me with some anicdotal evidence of the best formulation and ROA for other people?

Many thanks
Peace and love
BBlunt

Hi guys hope you're all surviving lockdown.
Ok so I have been trying phenibut as a possible lever to slowly replace the pregablin that I am prescribed currently 600mg daily.
So far I have tried the phenibut hcl capsules 400mg and at a dose of about 2g there was a definite tangible effect similar but not the same as pregablin. I moved in then to phenibut FAA which is almost pH neutral and can be insufflated or taken sublingualy which is reported to increase the BA up to 70%. Now let me talk about the FA powder.
The powder is extremely fluffy, it's like a finely ground flour. It sticks together and is hard to chop and line up. That being said I did persevere and have used it up to about 2g via this roa, I did not feel anything close to the effect of the HCL, it was as close to tasteless as it could be Vs the HCL which tastes like shit and burns like a poker if insufflated.
I wonder if there is a cross tolerance with my pregablin and therefore I was getting diminishing returns on the FAA.
Having finished the 25g bag of FAA I am left thinking that the HCL seemed to work better even though FAA is reported to be both stronger in it's concentration of phenibut and up to 30% more effective via the 2 ROA, sublingually or insufflated. Also to snort enough for a dose was a feat in itself given its fluffy expansive consistency.
In conclusion my subjective evidence contradicts the science but to me the ingested HCL dose worked better than the FAA.
Can anyone advise me with some anicdotal evidence of the best formulation and ROA for other people?

Many thanks
Peace and love
BBlunt
Ofc there's big cross tolerance with all gababentinoids.pregabalin can imo be replaced only by gababentin or ethanol, baclofen and phenibut helps but not nearly the same. Don't overuse those or get ready for trouble. If someones not getting good effects on pregabalin regardless of dose, taper and stop for some time. You'll thank yourself later that I promise!

It's actually sick that it makes my pain problems go like 10 times worse. Not all the time but at times. Even got diagnosed pretty sick shit because of it.

Ofc there's crosstolerance. Prepare for trouble if overusing gababentinoids. I have nothing bad to say on phenibut but imo pregabalin can be only replaced by gababentin or ethanol. Baclofen and phenibut helps but not even close the same effect.

If someone is not getting pleasureble effects from pregabalin it's time to taper. For me it even makes pain much worse.

Ofc there's big cross tolerance with all gababentinoids.pregabalin can imo be replaced only by gababentin or ethanol, baclofen and phenibut helps but not nearly the same. Don't overuse those or get ready for trouble. If someones not getting good effects on pregabalin regardless of dose, taper and stop for some time. You'll thank yourself later that I promise!

It's actually sick that it makes my pain problems go like 10 times worse. Not all the time but at times. Even got diagnosed pretty sick shit because of it.
Hey Santa, thanks for the advice, I take pregablin for chronic Pancreatitis and it works wonderfully, I have been on it for well over 2 years but I am concerned about how I will ever get off of it, abstaining for days increases my pancreatic pain but I don't notice the withdrawals so I am in a catch 22, I'd like to hold off so that I can enjoy the dose but I can't stay off for too long.

Peace and love
BBlunt

Just taper it. For me fast taper was easiest. I have been prescribed it for pain like a decade. I thought it was helping my pain but when stopped i noticed it was it's rebound symptoms causing the worst pain.

I think it's pharmacology kinda explains why it could cause chronic pain. I have seen many studies saying there's too many a2d subunits in peeps with chronic pain. Preg binds to a2d and in many cases it makes the body to compensate by making more subunits etc. This is just stupid speculation from a guy who doesn't know enough to say things like that.

Thanks guys, Pain is a real bitch for an addict, ??!! I am off my hydrocodin, and taking 1 300 mg gabipentin at night to help with sleep. my script is for 3x/day 300mgs I think that is Too much??
I am also on 20 mgs of lexapro (SSRI)
But with dam Covid and no longer to get to the gym safely My radiation pain in my neck, shoulders,and head sucks ( But I did not Die : Right?!)
I have tried not to take Gab, everyday, because of fear of just one more dependence? I have been an alcoholic since 23 (truth Be told Born one will Die one) Sober now !
Time takes time!! so I will just take all this one day at a time
Thanks

Thanks guys, Pain is a real bitch for an addict, ??!! I am off my hydrocodin, and taking 1 300 mg gabipentin at night to help with sleep. my script is for 3x/day 300mgs I think that is Too much??
But with dam Covid and no longer to get to the gym safely My radiation pain in my neck, shoulders,and head sucks ( But I did not Die : Right?!)
I have tried not to take Gab, everyday, because of fear of just one more dependence? I have been an alcoholic since 23 (truth Be told Born one will Die one) Sober now !
Thanks
One day at a time Iceman, that is the way forward, I mean I have epilepsy and since 40% of people with this diagnosis die from an epilepsy related incident. I could die at any time and be totally unaware it has happened, so now I live one day at a time, I appreciate every joy I have and love my life
You are sober now and that is one hell of an achievement. If you fall off the wagon do not waste any energy assessing or investing any time and effort into feeling bad or self depreciative just get back on and try harder.
Suffering with pain is one bitch monkey to have on your back but it also keeps you grounded and focused . If you can manage with less meds than prescribed then good for you, stockpile your surplus incase your supply is ever interrupted. You could get blasted by a super volcano 🌋, massive solar flare, earthquake, hurricane, psychopath, drunk driver. Anything can happen any day so living one day at a time is the best way forward.
If your wobbling always throw up a post here and ask for help, you never know which supportive brother in arms may be online to give you some words that resonate with you and gird your strength
One day at a fking time is almost Buddhist.

Peace and love
BBlunt

Heyb
Thanks
Hey iceman,
Just a quick note, I was prescribed gabapentin for a while before pregablin. It is much less potent than pregablin and in my opinion 300mg is a very low dose. I was taking grams a day before the switch so don't worry too much about taking 300mg for sleeping I think you will be absolutely fine at that dose .

Peace and love
BBlunt

@BILLY-BLUNT , Thank you so muck! I have not seen you around before, an so glad I have !! You make a great point about living in the moment. I am a 10 year cancer survive Stage III. and am thankful for each Day. I have just been struggling with a great deal of death around me last year ( two in-laws t Covid, a wonderful sister in-law to lung cancer @ 61 ( she and I where more similar than my wife LolO

I would say yes; the pregab is affecting the phenibut effects. I just acquired some FAA recently and notice very little regarding difference with hlc phenibut. The FAA has to turn to hcl anyway in the guts so not sure what the whole deal is with it. Maybe if snorted or placed under the tongue but this seems too much work to get roughly the same returns, IMO. There is no way I can sit for an hour while a g and a half of faa melts under my tongue. And no way imma put all that powder up my nose. So just gonna stick with the hcl.
Pregab is a lot more psychoative by weight than phenibut in my experience. They may have a similar/different action but IMO they both have their +/-'s.
pregabalin can imo be replaced only by gababentin or ethanol, baclofen and phenibut helps
Seems that phenibut (in my usage) has been able to stave off serious withdrawals from pregabalin at a dose of 3:1 ratio. Not inferring in the least that phenibut can replace pregabalin (or any other substance), just putting this out there for reasons of maybe helping one avoid a potentially fatal situation if caught out on some serious abuse of pregabalin.

@BILLY-BLUNT , Thank you so muck! I have not seen you around before, an so glad I have !! You make a great point about living in the moment. I am a 10 year cancer survive Stage III. and am thankful for each Day. I have just been struggling with a great deal of death around me last year ( two in-laws t Covid, a wonderful sister in-law to lung cancer @ 61 ( she and I where more similar than my wife LolO
Wow bruv, that's a hardcore situation your in, I can't imagine how much pain the medical issue and life's caltrops randomly hitting you at the same time could feel like, but to date you have been equal to the challenge.
Just remember that every morning you wake up, your still here.
I joined a little while back when I needed some help then I dropped off a bit I think because this lockdown has had an agoraphobic effect on not just on me but I have observed it in many of my family and friends but the site has been sitting in the back of my mind for a while, so now I feel better I checked back in.
The thing about this site is that if you're being serious it's very honest, most people on here drop all the masks and bravado bullshit and will give you a straight answer from their perspective. Looking at your issue from a different angle is crucial to changing your view of it which in turn alters how you feel about it. You can't bullshit yourself for long so occasionally some answers you receive will force you to confront something you may have been avoiding, but for real it's almost always better to rip off the bandaid and look at the wound and work out with guidance how to heal it. Every moment you avoid (and we all fking do it) an issue, it grows a little bigger so although it's painful sometimes it's nearly always cathartic.
I feel that if I am ever wobbling or even teetering on a brink, at any time of any given day, I recon I could come here and someone who doesn't know me from shit will take the time to listen and feedback to me. That is a powerful ally to have in your pocket.
I am really glad that I logged in today, I got to meet you, I got some advice from Santa 🎅 and I just feel a little less disconnected.
😉
Peace and love
BBlunt

I would say yes; the pregab is affecting the phenibut effects. I just acquired some FAA recently and notice very little regarding difference with hlc phenibut. The FAA has to turn to hcl anyway in the guts so not sure what the whole deal is with it. Maybe if snorted or placed under the tongue but this seems too much work to get roughly the same returns, IMO. There is no way I can sit for an hour while a g and a half of faa melts under my tongue. And no way imma put all that powder up my nose. So just gonna stick with the hcl.
Pregab is a lot more psychoative by weight than phenibut in my experience. They may have a similar/different action but IMO they both have their +/-'s.

Seems that phenibut (in my usage) has been able to stave off serious withdrawals from pregabalin at a dose of 3:1 ratio. Not inferring in the least that phenibut can replace pregabalin (or any other substance), just putting this out there for reasons of maybe helping one avoid a potentially fatal situation if caught out on some serious abuse of pregabalin.
I think that's absolutely spot on and matches my own experience regarding phenibut experimentation
That's a great guide you have written IMO.
Peace and love
BBlunt

Is this like ghb ? I’m from Canada and since not too long ago I’m a heavy ghb user. I take a vial measurement which I THINK is 4ml each time and a bottle of 60ml lasts me 2days now.... for me I find that it has this almost immediate heartbeat raise when I take it that I never thought of taking it before bed and still feel it when u wake up. Also I’m on my first day off a ghb trip That lasted a week or so... I am sweating from my fingertips, anxious, sad, moody. All of which I was prepared for but I just wanted some advice on how to first help my body recover from this trip and maybe tips on tapering and use the drug more wisely and gracefully.
thank you I don’t know how to work this website yet
Twilight222 is right and speaks from experience....Though maybe it depends on why you're taking it? I've taken it for over 10 years 24/7 but I'd never willingly take a 4ml dose, I never take more than 1.7ml every hour in the day (perhaps every 2 or 3 hours at night)...what's the benefit of taking that higher dose? For me after 1.7 you're just spaced out, you won't be able to function in the real world and people might think you're an odd f*cker!! lol....and that's if you're lucky. Lots of bad stuff stuff can and will happen if you overdo it...I started taking it myself because I was a semi-alcoholic and got a liver test result from a medical at work which showed high toxicity etc....found GBL and transition was easy....but if you've not got a drink problem you probably don't want to start taking GBL on a regular basis because you'll end up hooked on one or the other. As I already had the alcohol problem, GBL was by far the healthier option (won't go into depth for why, just trust me)

I took the alcohol and the GBL to self medicate, wasn't for kicks, not a social thing ( though G is great if you're lacking in that respect, in my case I was diagnosed Aspergers a few years ago, in my mid-50's now)..G has many benefits, the main ones for me being it's a mood enhancer/anti-depressant.

Another thing, when you say it gives you a 'heartbeat raise', you don't mean that literally, do you? It should have the opposite effect on your heart etc. I guess you just meant it gives you a lift? But 4ml though, jesus. That's something else.

Anyway, sorry I've rambled on a bit, too much information maybe, beginning to bore myself!. Be careful.