• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Lysergamides The LSD testing thread

I'd say just cut the blotter up into pieces and put them in the tube with the liquid; it should go into solution somewhat.

How can I test the purity of acid tabs

I've taken LSD 7 times. I can almost always (no way to be sure) tell the difference between pure LSD and whatever else could be in my tabs when im tripping. I've noticed that pure LSD doesnt have a taste. But I've had trips I've thought not to be pure when the tabs had no taste.

Unfortunately, my best hook up (the one I'm confident gave me pure LSD) no longer lives in my area. So my question is: how can I determine the purity of a tab before I take it?

Send it to a lab where they have some serious analytical euipment.

Pure LSD?

Either you are getting nothing, purely a research chem +non psychoactives, or just LSD with nothing else active.

I seriously doubt anybody with access to LSD would lay it with anything else mixed in.

I always wondered if LSD blotters are cut up like ecstasy is today? I really want to experince pure lsd as I have never done it and I am pretty inexperinced in drugs like these.

I wasn't aware that there was any "pure" or "impure" LSD going around. Your blotters could be "weak" or "strong" both of those would just be LSD. They could also be "bunk" and have no LSD in them. I don't think people "cut" LSD in the same way they cut other drugs. If you had weak acid its just as pure as strong acid, its just a smaller dose.

P.S. The only way I know of that you could test it is with a human guinea pig.

I've taken LSD 7 times. I can almost always (no way to be sure) tell the difference between pure LSD and whatever else could be in my tabs when im tripping. I've noticed that pure LSD doesnt have a taste. But I've had trips I've thought not to be pure when the tabs had no taste.

What do you mean by "pure" LSD? It's either LSD or it isn't. This idea that "impure" LSD gives you a different trip to "pure" LSD is an urban myth. LSD has an enormous range of effects that depend on lots of things like your mood, how you slept the night before, whether the sun is shining, whether it's cloudy, whether it's warm or cold, whether your girlfriend shouted at you last week etc. All those things are vastly more important to your trip than the so-called "purity" of the LSD. Anyone who claims "I had a dirty trip - the LSD must have been impure" is talking out of his arsehole.

I wasn't aware that there was any "pure" or "impure" LSD going around. Your blotters could be "weak" or "strong" both of those would just be LSD. They could also be "bunk" and have no LSD in them. I don't think people "cut" LSD in the same way they cut other drugs. If you had weak acid its just as pure as strong acid, its just a smaller dose.

P.S. The only way I know of that you could test it is with a human guinea pig.

quoted for truth :)

Erowid LSD purity discussion

LSD dose and purity: what matters?

Some LSD has some impurities in them that cause a less clear high and a more electric bodyload that sometimes can be uncomfortable. I'm sure I have felt significant differences in quality.
Here you can get your LSD tested but only the dose. Pretty expensive analysis would have to be done to detect the minute impurities that might be in the acid, I wouldn't say it is realistically worth it to put in the effort. You might as well just eat it - preferably a lower dose for initial tests - and see if you find it to be clean or dirty LSD. Because bad acid is hardly ever that bad... What is bad is 5-MeO-AMT or DOX if unwanted and unexpected, since those are almost all substances that resemble LSD somewhat in effect AND fit on a blotter.
Atropine-containing blotters exist(ed) but are extremely rare.

What makes you think the trips were not pure? Not every experience is the same, sometimes I get a lot more clarity than other times even with the same LSD.

Idk how true this is....but....

http://forums.mycotopia.net/misc-entheogens/1589-crystal-blotter-lsd.html
Needlepoint -very pure(95% ) white powerdery crystal,was available in small amount`s. The best of the best

White Fluff -Very pure(95% ) white light flakes of crystal. Still around and the most sought after. very pure

Silver -Good and clean(85-90% )-light greyish crystal. Was an unbelievable amount of this around in the late eighty`s and early nineties. Very good stuff. My first thumbprint was this kind. If you ate acid in the 80-90`s you probably sampled some silver.

Amber -Decent(70%? ) This crystal varied from a light amber color to an almost dark brown color.Was always available.One batch called quadricept amber was the color of light honey and was very good.Lot`s a people worked with this crystal but I always would use silver instead since it was better and the same price.

Lavender -(60-70%? ) light purple to almost black colored crystal. Like amber it varied batch to batch.

TJ (tornado juice) - purity unknown. I seen this shit in about four different colors and it always scared me. No experiance with it.

Champagne -(50-60% ) black crystal, nasty stuff IMHO. I worked with it once and swore to never touch it again.

If it's not lsd, it's possible that it's DOB or 5-meo-amt. You can test what's on your tabs using an Ehrlich Reagent test

The so called 'modified' Ehrlich reagent is used for LSD testing.

^It sucks that it responds to 5-MeO-AMT. Who can tell if one's looking at purple or blueish purple
if they don't have a frame of reference?

The so called 'modified' Ehrlich reagent is used for LSD testing.

^It sucks that it responds to 5-MeO-AMT. Who can tell if one's looking at purple or blueish purple
if they don't have a frame of reference?

Yea true.

Last edited:
yeah DMAB tests for indoles, but wont tell you the difference between d-lsd, l- lsd, d-iso-lsd, and l-iso-lsd. This has long been a point of contention and due to the wildly varying nature of lsd it cant be almost anything but subjective. Only d-lsd is active, supposedly, and these 3 other isomers are the most likely contaminants. The average purity of seized LSD crystal by the DEA in the 90's was around 60%, and this is before it gets laid on blotter and put in liquid, etc. It has long been argued that these, being the most likely contaminants, are responsible for the difference in effects between batches, in that they are they are the only thing "potent" enough to feel that could fit on a blotter. But they are inactive. DUH! caveat emptor... See articles by stafford, eisner, etc. The only conclusion I can reach is that LSD is a crazy drug, people are even crazier, and any attempt the quanttify the combination of the two is the craziest.....:D

Yes but I think you can leave out the distinction between the D and L forms of LSD and iso-LSD. I'm not sure but I think these products are mostly present in racemic proportions so if there is D-LSD there should be an equal amount of L-LSD.
I'm not sure though, some chemical reactions produce unequal proportions of stereoisomers...

Idk what an indole is, I'm not familiar with organic chem

Pretty sure it turns purple for lsd

and then it also tests for these:

N,N-DPT HCl - violet
5-MeO-DMT - purple to blue
5-MeO-MIPT - purple to faint blue
5-MeO-DIPT HCl - purple to blue
5-MeO-AMT HCl - purple to blue
http://www.usdoj.gov/dea/programs/forensicsci/microgram/journal_v3/mj05_v3_pg8.html

And you could do a marquis test to see if it's a DOx

Indole is just a simple organic compound. All tryptamines have indole skeletons, including lsd.

What do you mean by "pure" LSD? It's either LSD or it isn't. This idea that "impure" LSD gives you a different trip to "pure" LSD is an urban myth. LSD has an enormous range of effects that depend on lots of things like your mood, how you slept the night before, whether the sun is shining, whether it's cloudy, whether it's warm or cold, whether your girlfriend shouted at you last week etc. All those things are vastly more important to your trip than the so-called "purity" of the LSD. Anyone who claims "I had a dirty trip - the LSD must have been impure" is talking out of his arsehole.

QF fuckin' T!