• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Harm Reduction The "Loperamide isn't an opioid!" misconception

Status
Not open for further replies.

someguy3410

Greenlighter
Fuck everyone that misleads opioid-naive people that loperamide/immodium is only good for wds, no recreational value at all, whatever.

Took 20mgs with all possible potentiators like DXM, omeprazole, black pepper, gfj, a benzo, a bit of beer, an antihistamine, weed and iirc some MG seeds, of course knowing how the combination will work to a tee and not "ill combine a bunch of shit and hope it gets me insanely high", and had the most intense rush of my life incomparable to anything I've ever taken and I've tried most mainstream drugs and some novel ones for almost a decade, apart from heroin, mostly weird combos and the like.

After dex and the other shit kicked in, took the lope. The rush came in less than 10 mins (instant release), I instantly thought to myself "holy shit" then "this is fucked, more pleasurable than when I popped X, tweaked, etc". I instantly knew that was that catch I had experienced before. That first rush. Then did it the next day because why not, it's not a real opioid. No rush, still intense. Then the next. Then after that once more. Last time it wasn't even that good. That was about 3 days ago.
When researching lope (before trying any new drug I research it for days) I've found a lot of misleading info about it, mostly people laughing at people that lope is a poop med haha lol and the like, that it doesn't cross the BBB and even if you manage to make it cross, it's not recreational and barely euphoric, only a weird sedation. The only thing I agree with is that it gives arrhythmia and you can easily overdose on it. I overdosed on 120mgs a few years ago, I think I took it straight no other shit, luckily my mother called the hospital, and the fuckers gave me 10mg of valium, even have it written on paper. My fingernails were blue, wasn't breathing, in the hospital I was still fucked up on lope, told them what I was high on, and they just injected 10mg valium. What the fuck? Maybe they thought I was going through wds or lying for a high, but still what the fuck. Who in their right mind, a person with a doctor's degree, you get what I'm trying to say, gives a relatively strong dose of a benzo to someone still fucked up on an opioid? The only way I can explain it to myself is that the doctors were inexperienced and maybe that they couldn't detect me being on anything since lope isn't really detectable since it's not something that people abuse. Getting a bit off track.

Anyway, I did it for a week, and now going through hell. Yes, I'm technically opioid-naive, but I have enough experience with them. That said, I could compare this to a real opioid. Aches, runny nose, irritable as shit, craving anything that would get me high, contemplating getting more lope, slept for 4 hours, could barely fall asleep in the first place. And no, I didn't get constipated for 5 days. Max for a day at worst. Nothing worse than any other opioid.
I'm posting this for others like me and inexperienced users, not for addicts. Do not fuck with lope. Not worth it even if you make it recreational like I did. I regret it.
Do not mix DXM with CNS depressants. I could have died on the spot, but luckily I didn't. Everyone gets affected by drugs differently.

If you read this and still want to try loperamide recreationally, you deserve to overdose. Get some smack instead. Hell, even CWE codeine.

To mods, I'm pretty much a lurker so if this violates any rules or I posted it in the wrong section, let me know.

lope is way dangerous man thats why they use it only for withdrawals as no one in there right mind wants to use it as a staple in there lives.

ok to take the risk I guess if your screaming but otherwise better using something safer.

I can say though your right ive done it my self but its not very good to be honest and if you have to mix half the worlds worth of drugs with it to potentiate is it really that good then ?

becareful my friend its your body but I would hate to think you hurt your self for a shit high and a week of not shitting.

"Loperamide is a nonprescription opioid widely used for the treatment of diarrhea. Although it is relatively safe at therapeutic doses, increasing reports describe its misuse and abuse at very high doses either for euphoric effects or to attenuate symptoms of opioid withdrawal. Life-threatening loperamide toxicity can result from the relatively new clinical syndrome of loperamide-induced cardiac toxicity. These patients are often young and may present in cardiac arrest or with unheralded, recurrent syncope in conjunction with ECG abnormalities, including marked QT-interval prolongation, QRS-interval widening, and ventricular dysrhythmias. Features of conventional opioid toxicity may also be present. The mainstays of treatment include advanced cardiac life support and supportive care, although selected patients may be candidates for overdrive pacing, intravenous lipid emulsion, or extracorporeal membrane oxygenation. In patients who survive loperamide toxicity, consideration should be given to the treatment of an underlying opioid use disorder, if present."

Taking Imodium at high doses is potentially dangerous as @lonelyDude has shown. There are other threads on Bluelight that have beaten this into the ground.

I’m going to close this. OD mods, if you want to reopen, go for it.

Status
Not open for further replies.