• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

The Least Visual Psychedelic

"DPT - from about 12 experiences total, 40-50 mg up the nose produced amazing/beautiful headspaces completely devoid of visual activity, however 100-120 mg in the muscle was intensely visual and disturbingly cognitive (feelings of death, dying, etc.)"

this sounds like what i was looking for, at the 40-50mg range

"the interesting thing about visuals is that there are 2 distinct types to me.....the psychedelic visuals and the opiate visuals"

what are opiate visuals like? i havent taken any opiate in large amounts

Every try 2C-T-7

No, 'fraid not; I have tried 2C-T-2, which is supposed to be similar, and although I got a lot of very brightly coloured visuals, it didn't quite produce a state of grace, as it felt a bit "fuzzy" - no moments of clarity (like I've experienced on AMT).

Considering all the shit that's happening with RC's, looks like I never will either (oh well!)

I've never done 2c-t-7... but I suspect they are pretty different. 2c-t-2 was a battle not to spew the whole time, and not a very prfound (mentally or visually) drug for me. I didn't really care for it. It was kind of a rough ride.

fastandbulbous said:
Every try 2C-T-7

No, 'fraid not; I have tried 2C-T-2, which is supposed to be similar, and although I got a lot of very brightly coloured visuals,

I find 2C-T-2 and 2C-T-7 very different. I can't really put into words what those differences are, but I never got the beautiful, tranquil, peaceful, state of grace with T2 that I get with T7. T2 does produce a nice introspective headspace, but it also produces a lot of nausea and an uncomfortable bodyload. It also lacks the euphoria, and extreme visuals, of T7 as well.

Do remember in Huxley's "Doors of Perception" at the beginning of his trip he realizes he isnt going to see great fantastical castles in the sky or anything and he equates it with the way his brain works, like he wasn't a very visual person to begin with? I think it depends on how you see or perceive things to begin with. For me, I never realized some people don't dream in color because I've never dreamed in anything but color. I have a really easy time visualizing even when sober and 95% of my trips no matter what substance are very very visual and pretty. Its only after I've developed a tolerance to something that the visuals settle down and I can appreciate psychedelic cognitive space more. (even weed). Its the thing that is both intriguing and frustrating about these sorts of forums because everyone is so individual. Anyway....

Monkey

i dont think i saw it mentioned, but what about 5-meo-mipt? that was an interesting one.

you'd get visuals if you smoked it. weird stuff.

-j.

5-meo-mipt was, for me, one of the least visuals, both smoked and orally. Still, it did work psychedelically enough, like strong cannabis. 2c-I was outrageously visual with 20mg, oral.
Like someone said, there are many kinds of 'visuals', and people may draw lines a bit differently. I understand people calling 5-meo-dmt not visual perfectly, but still, even if it isn't visually inclined, I can't see my surroundings at all while peaking.

By 'not visual', do we mean the absence of any noticeable visual effect, whether it be merely distortion or something more complex?

I'd have to say cannabis, and I can take a somewhat effective but small dose of LSD without any visuals except increased brightness (pupil dilation).

In addition to strict physiology like that, I often find it hard to tell where the border between cognitive functioning and visual perception goes (perhaps because there, as such, isn't any!). That's to say one usually implies the other, and that they are indistinguishable from the experiencer's point of view, even if reductionist sensory models when observing the surface of the mind/brain.

Last edited:
Piper methysticum said:
Well, 2C-C is really the only psychedelic I've used that seemed to produce a very significant visual effect without much of the deep psychological effects.

This is strange... 50mg 2C-c, for me, produced very few visuals - but provided an enjoyable few hours! :)

Remember everyone reacts differently, but here's what various things do to me visually (in no particular order):

Morning glory seeds
Minor OEV's - trails (esp. with a light object moving across a dark background), color shifts, certain things may seem MUCH brighter than they really are (like a metal spoon relfecting light), and slight movement/crawling of surfaces (subtle, but very realistic looking).

Amazing CEV's. Very colorful, realistic, detailed and strange! Not just patterns, but scenes, people and entities. Sort of difficult to describe.

LSD
Unfortunately the 3 times I have taken LSD it has not been in a high enough dosage to have a full on trip. I did get minor visuals all three times, but I was expecting so much more. I noticed that surfaces were crawling / melting / morphing - very cool. Some objects looked very distorted as far as distance from me, height, width and depth. CEV's were very neat :D. Very geometric and defined.

2C-T-2
Probably the most visual substance I've sampled. People had 4 arms, behind my eyelids existed a colorful psychedelic firestorm, everything that moved left long trails, etc. There was some mental changes for me, but so far this would be the one I'd say that would be closest to "visuals with no mind-fuck."

2C-I
I've only tried it once and was very dissapointed. I had some visuals and an uncomfortable body-load.

4-HO-DiPT
Colorful patterning and wavy movement. Cool CEV's. Visuals definately are not the main attraction (the body high and mental effects are so much more noticable, I don't even really care about the visuals).

4-HO-MiPT
Ah, Miprocin. One of, if not the best drug I've tried. Crazy visuals, great body high, and a wonderfully intense mental trip. The visuals are best outside at night. I see very detailed, colorful patterns across my entire field of vision, objects seem sort of fuzzy around the edges (like it's vibrating really fast), people's faces have changed completely (people that were in their teens-20's looked like they were 50 or 60 years old!), plants seem to look indescribably strange, and so much more,

5-MeO-DMT
I've never had a breakthrough on this one :(. I did get some minor visual distortions like movement trails.

5-MeO-AMT
This one's quite strange. Every time I've taken this one, it's been from the same batch. Some time's I'll have really strong visuals (strong ghost-like trails, insane CEV's like extremely detailed demons writhing in fratalated blood that morph into dragons and female warriors!), and other times almost no visuals. 5-MeO-AMT headaches suck.

5-MeO-DiPT
I've taken Foxy once. It was a low dose, and I actually liked it! I had no ill side-effects - but it wasn't a strong trip either. Not too much visually speaking.

Cannabis
Weed gives me visuals. It always has. Mostly slight movement trails and colorful patterns on surfaces.

Harmaline
I wasn't really expecting this one to be visual by itself. It was nothing amazing, but it made me see movement trails and everything sort-of looked clearer / sharper.

Nitrous Oxide
Nitrous is very visual for me, even without any other drugs. For as long as I can feel the wonderful nitrous feeling I see strange, repetitious, colorful patterns across my entire field of vision. I can never manage to close my eyes though...I just hold completely still and let the glory overcome me.

DXM
The only OEV's I've had with DXM that didn't depend on darkness were strange spacial distortions. The CEV's are awesome, movies in your mind.

Ketamine
Although my visual perception is not really that important or interesting to me in a K-hole, I have noticed spacial distortions like DXM. A few times, it seemed like my whole visual field was slightly sideways, now that was weird.

MDMA / MDA / MDEA
I grouped these together since I've never had a pure source. Not very visual for the most part, but I can recall one particular vision (from a suspected MDA / caffeine pill). I was looking down a corridor and I was watching people talk. I looked at a guy's face. It seemed demonic and distorted. Then the guy turned his head, and I realised I was not looking at his face before when I saw the demon face, it was the back of his head. This startled me as I was not used to seeing things like this while rolling.

Although not a true psychedelic, dimenhydrinate/ diphenhydramine HCl is mostly a auditory hallucinogen, some olfactory hallucinations are also possible.....visuals are rare but when they do happen are usually full-blown....

genaro said:
I had great visuals from LSA in high dose (10 hbwr seeds for instance)
I ate 30 one time and had almost no trip. just felt sick, like right after you eat shrooms....for like 4 hours

Almost every psychedelic I've tried has had different degrees of visual effect at different times. Like other aspects, visuals seem to me to be set and setting and possibly body rhythm dependent. I have noticed that the more relaxed I am, and the less I am concentrating on body feelings or stimulation, the more noticeable visuals become. I think this is part of why cannabis and other relaxing drugs combined with psychedelics are known to "kick in" the visuals. I find low doses of DXM (<100mg) do this as well, without adding too much else to the trip.

When I really think about it I can't think of any serotonergic material that hasn't had SOME visual effect. The first one that comes to mind as being very non-visual though is 5-MeO-DMT, followed by 2C-T-21. Yeah, and LSAs.

"Although not a true psychedelic, dimenhydrinate/ diphenhydramine HCl is mostly a auditory hallucinogen, some olfactory hallucinations are also possible.....visuals are rare but when they do happen are usually full-blown...."

ive done diphenhydramine in recreational dose, no auditory or olfactory hallucination, but i saw dreamlike scenes and actions and events. like a circular stained glass window when i looked up, people eating, i read newspapers, lots of wierd stuff. i was like i was half dreaming

i didnt get mindfuck, my mind basicly went empty. as if i were dreaming. i had less consciousness, which is why i consider it nonpsychedelic. id never do it again, because it makes my hppd SO much worse

A low dose of mushrooms or an average dose of MDMA would be the two best I can think of.

hydrobromide said:
5-MeO-DMT: I've never had a breakthrough on this one
You did smoke it, right? It isn't orally active, but only a couple of tiny salt grains worth are all thats needed when smoked. Extremely powerful and somewhat scary stuff. The intense visuals were very similar to LSD, but the feeling it gave you was just far too overwhelming, it feels like it's rushing around invading and flooding your brain with powerful waves and all you want it to do is stop - it's extremely hard to stay standing during the first quarter of an hour or so, it drops you like a sack of potatoes. Never again for me, and I am quite concerned that somebody is going to smoke too much of this one day and hospitalize themselves or worse, simply because it's so powerful at such a tiny dose. Very amazing compound in that sense, but one to be given the utmost respect or it will make you pay.

Last edited:
2C-R2D2 said:
You did smoke it, right? It isn't orally active, but only a couple of tiny salt grains worth are all thats needed when smoked. Extremely powerful and somewhat scary stuff. The intense visuals were very similar to LSD, but the feeling it gave you was just far too overwhelming, it feels like it's rushing around invading and flooding your brain with powerful waves and all you want it to do is stop - it's extremely hard to stay standing during the first quarter of an hour or so, it drops you like a sack of potatoes. Never again for me, and I am quite concerned that somebody is going to smoke too much of this one day and hospitalize themselves or worse, simply because it's so powerful at such a tiny dose. Very amazing compound in that sense, but one to be given the utmost respect or it will make you pay.

I tried smoking it a few times, but I didn't have the right kind of pipe.

I snorted it a few times as well (ouch!), and got threshold effects.

I never had that much to begin with, but even at the lower doses the side-effects were uncomfortable for me.

It's obvious from this thread that the effects of most, if not all hallucinogens are subjective. Some people get no visuals from a substance, others have mindblowing, lifechanging, witnessing the face of god type hallucinations. For me, 5-MeO-AMT had no real visuals at a fairly large dose. Some people have insane visuals with it.

This could also be caused by people believing one substance is, in fact, something else. If you don't have real proof that a certain substance is what it is (in pure chemical form; without proper testing), you have to assume it could be anything. Only the really experienced "psychonaut" could take apart an experience and self-diagnose him or herself, correctly, beyond a shadow of a doubt what he or she took. And, really, I don't know anyone who could possibly do it.

Take for example, those research chem-containing gummies that are popping up all over the place. When I went to acquire some a few months back, I was told they were LSA at first, then they said 2C-C, and then it was 2C-I mixed with a bit of 2C-E. On Bluelight, people said they could be any mixture of random chems. Another case in point: I know more than one guy who was dead certain that he took an ecstasy pill containing heroin, because he insufflated the pill and he said the effects felt like he snorted heroin. He was convinced, being an experienced drug user and had done many lines of heroin in the past. Now, obviously, the pill did not contain any heroin whatsoever (according to ecstasydata.org).

Effects are incredibly subjective, even to the experts. I'm sure many out there are certain they took said 2C-x drug, but really, if you didn't test the damn thing, and are going on what someone else said (i.e. dealer), how do you know for sure? Are the effects of each phenethylamine and each tryptamine really that vastly different from each other within said class of drugs? I'm sure one could tell the difference between, say, DiPT and 2C-T-7, but would it not blur to the inexperienced between, say, 2C-I and 2C-E?

Correct me if I'm wrong, because I wouldn't say I'm even experiened myself. I've only ever tried a few of these, namely 2C-I and 2C-T-7 for hallucinogenic phenethylamines (excluding MDxx drugs), and LSD, mushrooms, and 5-MeO-AMT for tryptamines, and whatever was in those orange gummies. I'm not even sure if I've even tried these drugs I've named, if you get my idea.

what are opiate visuals like? i havent taken any opiate in large amounts

I started a thread in OD or BDD about these. They're not at all like serotonergic visuals. The occur in a half-conscious state and are more like really short, fleeting dreams that only carry on when you don't realize it. Once you realize it and you begin to think, they slip away.

But then they return as you slip out of consciousness again.

Take mushrooms(doses of even 3 grams) outside in the woods.

I hardly notice visuals on shrooms outside it feels more like everything is normal but wonderous and there's no shadows to play with your mind.

Now mushrooms in the dark is another story.....

2c-t-4 and 2c-t-21 were the 2 least visually active substances I have tried at fully psychedelic doses. 4-ho-dipt at lower doses has a very hard to describe dull, translucent effect on your visual field, but the visuals manifest much more strongly at higher doses.