• H&R Moderators: VerbalTruist | cdin | Lil'LinaptkSix

The last thing you ate or drank v.3

Status
Not open for further replies.
shredded chicken quesadilla w/ jalapenos & 'mexican' cheese blend

Veggie soup for smoko
Rice mountain bread chicken wrap with lettuce, grated carrot, cucumber and red onion.
Black tea

2 strips center cut bacon
1 fried egg
1 whole ripe avocado
1 glass whole milk
1 handful strawberries

Plain noodles. 5 hours ago. It's tough to only eat when you're hungry when you're not hungry but know you should eat. 8(

organic spinach, organic arugula, organic kale, organic red cabbage, conventional purple asparagus.

i loathe salad dressings, i consider them for people whom hate food.

Hey hun I've been wondering, what's the difference with steel cut oats??

I just had a bowl of museli and black coffee :)

steel cut oats retain more of their nutrition, and keep their proteins/cellular structures in a more intact (or perhaps, less pulverized) state. Theyre not as cheap to produce as rolled oats, but are in a more "natural" state.

youd digest the museli infinitely better without the presence of the powerful acids in the coffee ;)

asparagus is typically grown with little to no pesticide spraying. i happen to know the farm from which the asparagus was grown, they dont spray period.

Hey hun I've been wondering, what's the difference with steel cut oats??
In addition to what rm-rf said, they're much tastier and have an awesome texture if cooked right.

Another way to think of the difference:

oat groats = the entire oat
steel cut oats = the oat groat that's been cut in half/quarters
rolled oats = steel cut oats that have been flattened (and possibly steamed--got into an argument over this with an RD 8))
quick oats = rolled oats that have been chopped
instant oats = quick oats that have been further chopped
*I may have quick and instant flipped, FTR.

youd digest the museli infinitely better without the presence of the powerful acids in the coffee ;)

Dude I totally know, but I cannot function without caffeine :)

Thank you for the info re: steel cut oats, as well! Very interesting. I've never noticed "steel cut" oats offered in supermarkets here...I might have a closer look.

shredded chicken quesadilla w/ jalapenos & 'mexican' cheese blend
You have inspired me to get mexican for lunch. YUM!!! :)

Veggie soup for smoko
Rice mountain bread chicken wrap with lettuce, grated carrot, cucumber and red onion.

I LOVE that mountain bread, sooo yum! And that wrap sounds delicious :)
Also, where do you work that you refer to your morning tea break as "smoko". My boyfriend is in the construction industry and he calls it smoko too....even though he hasn't smoked for like 8 years :D

Haha that would actually be really tasty!
I got chicken nachos :) Om nom <3

Status
Not open for further replies.