• N&PD Moderators: Skorpio | thegreenhand

The Large and Nifty Not-quite-advanced Drug Chemistry, Pharmacology and More Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
interested in this. Can you specify whether you used 3% or 6% peroxide? Also, if it interests you, you may want to try to measure the melting point of your extract. You don't need a melting point apparatus you can McGuyver a Thiele tube (watch The French Connection from 52:00 to 54:00 they show it very clearly).

just the 3% h202, I'm using everyday over the counter products. this is just my first endeavors into fucking with the new formulation. I have not been very precise because I'm still tweaking the process. My next step is to introduce grain ethanol into the mix at a concentration of 20% of the total concoction. I think with the ethanol it will provide a more even evaporation to the whole process and possibly curb the polyox. Everybody on here is talking about microwaving it and shit like that, they are going about it the wrong way. you have to think in terms of what does the stomach and small intestine do. appreciate the feedback

So it wouldn't theoretically be dangerous because I take no other drugs that mess with dopamine, whereas if I was to take a MAOBI with for example cocaine it would end in psychosis?

Thank you for your response btw.

Theoretically, the interaction should be minimal (as the two MAOs overlap minorly in target), but I'd take caution; there's a lot left to be researched about the relevant science.

Inhibition of MAOB combined with dopaminergics is very risky.

ebola

Okay, then I think I got it. Don't worry I'm not planning of combining with a dopaminergic or anything like that. I'll take care and experiment slowly :)

...he meant the tartrate salt! The free base is - of course - practically insoluble in water. - Murphy

Oops... I meant maleate, not tartrate.

(not that it makes much difference in this case. )

...looks like Mr. Dread fooled us. I can't find any info about neither triazolam tartrate nor its maleate. Both are certainly - theoretically - soluble in aqueous solutions, but it looks they were never published anywhere. :( Are you sure you didn't mean midazolam instead?

Gimme a CAS or something in case I'm wrong and I'll look again.

Peace! - Murphy

Last edited:
Well I can't speak with 100% certainty since it's been years since I've had any halcions, and my memory might fail me. But I seem to distinctly remember the package of the pills speaking of a triazolam salt.

Of midazolam, I am sure: midazolam is sold as the maleate monohydrate.

Of triazolam I can only offer anecdotal evidence: the pills I had were readily water-soluble & effective with IV administration.. and since freebase triazolam is poorly soluble in water, I see no reason to assume that they were anything other than a salt...

the future is here

all this talk about marijuana legalization(believe me, i'd love it to happen)

I can goto my corner store and buy 3 grams of potent cannabinoid analogues for 14 dollars

dextromethorphan freebase

I wonder if the melting point is low enough where this would be fun

Plus, I don't know that having so much dextromethorphan in your system would be desirable. Isn't the general goal to have as much converted into dextrorphan as possible, and as quickly as possible, hence the exclusive use P.O. route to take advantage of first pass metabolism?

It would appear DXM freebase's boiling point is too high to easily vapourize and if you do go through with it, it is very hard on the longs.

I always get these mixed up

did I mean boiling or melting point?

are they the same

---edit- I searched and it seems they are different

noob moment over

LOL!

Melting = transition from the solid to liquid state
...Freezing = the same transition but in the opposite direction
Boiling = transition from the liquid to gaseous state
...Condensing = the same transition but in the opposite direction
Sublimation = transition from the solid to the gaseous state without passing through the liquid one.

Basic lesson over.

Now when it comes to smoking it seems that people are often underestimating this way of application when looking at the respective boiling points. We recently had the discussion if methylphenidate-freebase could be smoked. I tried to demonstrate that this should indeed be possible by comparing the physical data with cocaine's, of which we know with certainty that it can be smoked. Follow the above link for the full discussion, but in short here again the values:

Cocaine-freebase:
m.p. = 98 °C
b.p. = 187-188 °C @ 0.1 Torr​

Methylphenidate-freebase:
m.p. = 74-75 °C
b.p. = 135-137 °C @ 0.6 mmHg​

Dextromethorphan-freebase:
I found several conflicting melting points:
80 °C (J Pharm Sci 1962, 51, p.931)
109-113 °C (Clarke's Isolation and Identification of Drugs)
109.5-112.5 °C (Hager's Handbuch der Drogen und Arzneistoffe and USP 33-NF 28 )
126 °C (Int J Chem Kinetic 2008, 40(9), p.559)
...but the last one seems to be incorrectly attributed and rather belongs to the hydrobromide salt (says "Clarke's" again). 109-113 °C looks like the genuine value.
Dextromethorphan decomposes upon attempting to distill it, so the final answer is NO, it can't be smoked.​

Peace! - Murphy

Status
Not open for further replies.