• N&PD Moderators: Skorpio | thegreenhand

The Large and Nifty Not-quite-advanced Drug Chemistry, Pharmacology and More Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Maybe possible, but how much do you want to inhale?

And please: Don't even think about inhaling the ready cough-suppressant solutions availble in pharmacies. They contain all other kind of stuff, like (sometimes) paracetamol, sugars, colorants, ...

- Murphy

Melting = transition from the solid to liquid state
...Freezing = the same transition but in the opposite direction
Boiling = transition from the liquid to gaseous state
...Condensing = the same transition but in the opposite direction
Sublimation = transition from the solid to the gaseous state without passing through the liquid one.
Is there a term for the transition from gaseous to solid state, that is, "backwards sublimation"?

Well I can't speak with 100% certainty since it's been years since I've had any halcions, and my memory might fail me. But I seem to distinctly remember the package of the pills speaking of a triazolam salt.

I haven't seen triazolam at all for I don't know how many years, but the triazole and imidazole benzos are easier to protonate because they lack the amide moiety*. I take it this is easier with the imidazoles than with the triazoles.

The benzos with an amide group at positions 1 and 2 (which is most of them I think) tend not to appear on the market as salt formulations because they 1) irreversibly hydrolyze when reacted with a strong acid and 2) are too weakly basic to react with weaker acids.

See also benzos with a proper amine group (like flurazepam or chlordiazepoxide). The amine group is basic enough to form a stable salt when reacted with a strong acid.

I suspect that for any traditional (amide moiety) benzos, if the acid isn't dilute enough then the irreversible hydrolyses will take place so I think the DIY people should tread lightly.

There's also the oddball case of chlorazepate, which has a carboxylic acid group and so is often the anion of a metal salt.

*I hate this word

magnesium & bruxism

I was curious about what amount of magnesium & when one should take it to avoid jaw clenching with stimulant/empathogen type substances (MDMA, M1, etc)

I've read that in treatment of non-drug induced bruxism 100mg a day was recommended, but this is obviously a bit different. Also, the magnesium tablets I have are 500mg, I was thinking one of these a couple hours beforehand should suffice, but wanted to check here as well.

On a more semantic note, is there a difference between bruxia & bruxism? I keep seeing these used seemingly interchangeably, but wasn't 100% sure.

I was curious about what amount of magnesium & when one should take it to avoid jaw clenching with stimulant/empathogen type substances (MDMA, M1, etc)

I've read that in treatment of non-drug induced bruxism 100mg a day was recommended, but this is obviously a bit different. Also, the magnesium tablets I have are 500mg, I was thinking one of these a couple hours beforehand should suffice, but wanted to check here as well.

On a more semantic note, is there a difference between bruxia & bruxism? I keep seeing these used seemingly interchangeably, but wasn't 100% sure.

IME 500 mg is fine, but it's not right to use magnesium that also has a certain amount of calcium with it because it might defeat the purpose (not entirely sure though). I also heard you don't want magnesium oxide but don't know what it is you do want.

Bruxia appears to be the latin proper medical name and bruxism the somewhat colloquial effluent English trivial name. But I am not an M.D.

By the way I found 500 mg adequate, those huge tabs that dissolve in water with a lot of bubbles. Seemed like a good fast method of delivery and seemed to work.

Maybe possible, but how much do you want to inhale?

And please: Don't even think about inhaling the ready cough-suppressant solutions availble in pharmacies. They contain all other kind of stuff, like (sometimes) paracetamol, sugars, colorants, ...

- Murphy

hah. well, if i were to go through the trouble of creating an inhaler for dosing of recreational drugs, DXM probably wouldn't be my choice for the inhaler. i might try it once though, if i had 98+% pure DXM though.

well, for whatever you'd want to dose, i bet you could modify a nebulizer to deliver your DOC to your lungs.

Antiretroviral abuse in South Africa?

Could someone please explain this to me? I know much of what happens in South African ghettos is difficult to understand, let alone explain. Is this just ramblings of some poor delusional reporter, and a phony charity trying to make money off of some nonexistent drug epidemic or is there something I'm missing?

http://blogs.aljazeera.net/africa/2010/10/22/whoonga-cruelest-high

I believe the abused retroviral drugs are NMDA receptor antagonists, but some of that article sounded kind of iffy, I mean rat poison? Come on guys, that's pretty far-fetched.

The adamantamines, which are NMDA-antagonizing antivirals, are antiinfluenza, not antiretroviral. Different sort of thing.

Antiretroviral abuse is a very surprising thing to see! Though I'd place a similar level of credibility on it as jenkem.

The adamantamines, which are NMDA-antagonizing antivirals, are antiinfluenza, not antiretroviral. Different sort of thing.

Antiretroviral abuse is a very surprising thing to see! Though I'd place a similar level of credibility on it as jenkem.

Whoops, my mistake.

Here's an article that seems a bit less sensational in that it doesn't mention rat poison and detergent. The vague description does seem like NMDA antagonism could be a possibility, although looking at the drug it does look like it could function similar to benzodiazepines and even causes false positives for benzodiazepines in urine immunoassay.

http://abcnews.go.com/Health/MindMoodNews/story?id=7227982&page=1

http://journals.lww.com/aidsonline/...esults_of_screening_for_illicit_drugs.30.aspx

i've heard of it, the antiretroviral mentioned has dissociative effects(likely a NMDA antagonist). really this is kinda old news as i heard about this a while back.

I know this doesn't make sense to smoke, but I watched a presentation on this and I'm pretty sure the main drug that is used in this manner is warfarin

IME 500 mg is fine, but it's not right to use magnesium that also has a certain amount of calcium with it because it might defeat the purpose (not entirely sure though). I also heard you don't want magnesium oxide but don't know what it is you do want.

Bruxia appears to be the latin proper medical name and bruxism the somewhat colloquial effluent English trivial name. But I am not an M.D.

By the way I found 500 mg adequate, those huge tabs that dissolve in water with a lot of bubbles. Seemed like a good fast method of delivery and seemed to work.

thanks for the info. I've got what look like a gigantic anti-biotic, and they are a combination of Magnesium citrate, oroate, & some other form i can't remember at the moment. 500mg worked quite well.

And that's about what I figured. I'd always called it bruxia, but kept seeing bruxism in a number of papers etc. Always anglicizing everything... tisk tisk America

Status
Not open for further replies.