• Film & TV Moderators: ghostfreak

Film The Hobbit

rate this film:

• [img]http://i.bluelight.ru/g//543/1star.gif[/img]

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • [img]http://i.bluelight.ru/g//543/2stars.gif[/img]

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
they are using lots of additional story from lotr notes to fill the time. remember jackson spread king kong over a really long epic too.

sadly, the 48fps print will only be in limited runs on limited screens. :(

Does this really need more than 1 part? It's like 300 pages. 8(

There is so much more to the story that they are going to add into it, from tolkien's notes. They are going to show a lot about the White Council, and about the rise of the Necromancer.

Notes. Didn't make it into the book... for a reason. I don't care; this is all about cash.

Edit: Agreed about Tom Bombadil.

Does this really need more than 1 part? It's like 300 pages. 8(
combined worldwide box office for the three lotr movies: $2,937,847,917

that's why there are 3 of the hobbit :)

alasdair

I better see some Tom Bombadil.

Tom Bombadil wasn't in the Hobbit was he? I have to be honest, Bombadil always seemed to annoy me. Just when the story got going they start hanging around the silliest character in the series. Meh, I'm a picky asshole.

He appeared briefly in the Fellowhsip and did not appear in The Hobbit. If the writers of Jacksons movie are using tolkiens notes then they better make use of Bombadil considering he wasn't in LOTR at all.

what purpose does bombadil serve?

irrespective of content, i have faith in jackson's ability to entertain over three films. i wouldn't be offended if the story even changes as long as it works on screen. the only thing i'd really disagree with is if they add an extraneous massive battle for no reason (like burton did in wonderand). that would surely suck.

I better see some Tom Bombadil.

Tom Bombadil wasn't in the Hobbit was he? I have to be honest, Bombadil always seemed to annoy me. Just when the story got going they start hanging around the silliest character in the series. Meh, I'm a picky asshole.

He appeared briefly in the Fellowhsip and did not appear in The Hobbit. If the writers of Jacksons movie are using tolkiens notes then they better make use of Bombadil considering he wasn't in LOTR at all.

what purpose does bombadil serve?

irrespective of content, i have faith in jackson's ability to entertain over three films. i wouldn't be offended if the story even changes as long as it works on screen. the only thing i'd really disagree with is if they add an extraneous massive battle for no reason (like burton did in wonderand). that would surely suck.

tom bombadil is the fucking shit and if it wasn't for him the ringwraiths would've just gotten frodo before he even fully left hobbiton.
so FUCK YOU.

tom bombadil is the fucking shit and if it wasn't for him the ringwraiths would've just gotten frodo before he even fully left hobbiton.
so FUCK YOU.
none of which alters the fact that he's not in the hobbit...

alasdair

he was a quirky character but completely extraneous to the plot.

the hobbit
part 1 of 3
is
160 minutes
plus
credits

Wow, I didn't realize this was going to be a 3 parter..

And almost 3 hours. This is going to be a good bunch of flicks.. :) exciting.

Saw this last night.

As someone who read the books I was delighted at how true to the story this movie was. The special effects were fantastic (especially the gollum character) and I was entertained from start to finish.

The ending is somewhat anti-climactic because its only the first 1/3rd of the book, but for a fantasy fan who loves LOTR such as myself, this was cinema gold. 5 stars.

just got back it was good. 8/10 glad they are making it three parts. I guess the third movie is some stuff that is being added by the director and some stuff unreleased by JRR. Trying to link the hobbit with LOTR..