• 🇬🇧󠁿 🇸🇪 🇿🇦 🇮🇪 🇬🇭 🇩🇪 🇪🇺
    European & African
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • EADD Moderators: axe battler | Pissed_and_messed

The GHB/GBL Addiction & Withdrawal Thread: mk. II

Well done yoyo! I'm dreaming of the day I can make a similar post.

My legs are absolutely torn apart from falling over and walking into shit when G'd. I've had several episodes of total delerium.

Just woke up from 2 hours of G sleep. I hate this shit. My keyworker just makes me feel even more depressed and worthless, so I'm not going to see her again.

I took so much etiz last night that I was literally falling over every time I stood up today, and it still didn't take the edge off.

I'm oleased to say i've now been off the gbl for mearly 3 weeks. I tried really hard to control my usage, but i just couldno't seem to do it.
So, i ran out, and i havent't more more yet. I wish i could say i felt better for it. I got bad (genuine) food poisoning straight after, and for a day i didn't realise shat it wss and thought it was super shitty withdrawals.

I'been hitting the booze pretty hard, before, i used to get really drunk -- now, it's a decent amount then 'maintenance doses' a la G. Fortunately being sick put a stop to that.
I've got soemme benzos snd have had a very stupid stim session this weekend. I have to be up for work in about an hour, still, it made the world seem alright for a while.

I just don't know how to manage sober anymore. Everything is a struggle. I was to go to bed and stay there for as long as it takes for this to pass. Not an option, and not a good idea, better to try to carry on with life, such that it is.

The physical withdrawals from the gbl were really mind in the end -- probably because althouh ii used daily for over a year, i was very rarely 24/7. A LOT of sweating and shaking, but i was able to sleep with some zoplicone assistance afe a couple of nights. Not taking that anymore and am sleeping ok.

Right, i'd better try to get an hours sleep. Stupid me, stupid stims. These were the fun stims too (4-Fa and 3-mmc) -- fuck only knows why i also bought 4g of ethylphenidate, i meant to get 250mg then noticed the mistake in the cart and went "meh, cant have roo many stims lying around". I can see thus being a really unoleasant month or two, but i hope i come out the other side in one oiece,

Good job mate, just be wary of how much you're drinking that's not a fun route to go down either

Long time no post. Sorry for the bump.

I haven't had any GBL or GHB for 6 weeks, and I guess I'm managing ok.

At Christmas, I visited my family and had to make a choice I guess a lot of addicts have to make: take stuff with you and use discreetly, or go through w/d hell while surrounded by people. I opted for the first, and I felt like the lowest creature on earth.

When I got back home I didn't have much left, and it lasted a couple of days. I think 27th December was the day I ran out.

It's been a really, REALLY hard time. I had nothing even close to what others have had withdrawal-wise... but it was a month before I felt even close to ok. I think everyone has been sick with flu and colds this January, so I think maybe I just picked a bad time to give a shit about being ill.

I've quit my job at a big engineering company to move to a startup. In the short term, it will give me something.

Long term I don't have figured out. When I'm sober I clean, tidy, organise, etc... and think "hmmmm, this is why I hate being sober".

Long term I've got nothing. I should build something, but I don't like _people_]. I'm bad with people. I do have a couple of friends, but they know how shit I am and wouldn't let me near their other friends. Any ideas on how I move on from here?

I haven't had any GBL or GHB for 6 weeks, and I guess I'm managing ok.

Excellent news, m'dear! Well done on the six weeks - that's something to be very proud of :)<3

The work and social life stuff I don't really have anything of use to say about. You have a new job and a couple of friends - that makes you one job and a couple of friends ahead of me in the work and social arena so maybe I should be asking you for tips ;)

Ghb

Edit: Asking how to buy or synthesise drugs, legal or otherwise, is against the BLUA, thanks in advance for adhering to it in the future :)

Last edited by a moderator:
What kind of effects have people noticed long term? Any digestional problems/weird poo/cloudy urine/kidney pain? My bilirubin levels are elevated apparently, its not a serious problem at all, just some of the above symptoms occasionally.

I think its probably mainly anxiety or the after effects of too much mxe/ket a few years ago but I wonder if I've been kidding myself about my G use.

Long term I've got nothing. I should build something, but I don't like _people_. I'm bad with people. I do have a couple of friends, but they know how shit I am and wouldn't let me near their other friends. Any ideas on how I move on from here?

I feel like I can relate to this :\ How are you doing now? I felt like that around Christmas and my G use went up but feeling much better its Spring and much brighter. Probably taking more G now than then though lol

What kind of effects have people noticed long term?.

Honesty truly? None other than the fact that I will keep repeating the same mistake given the opportunity. I don't even consider that a massive problem as I can choose to use or not. If I choose to use I will use till it's gone. If I don't no difference. There's certainly no physical or mental symptoms I relate to GBL use. Not longterm. Short-term yes, longterm no.

If you are still using GBL I would attribute your symptoms largely to that. If you have been quit longtime then probably not and would look elsewhere. That's but me personally of course.

seems to have fucked my sleep up after 8 months pretty much 24/7 last year, but that could be the booze i guess

Booze utterly screws my sleeping pattern. As does GBL. The former to a greater extent than the latter... just.

Honesty truly? None other than the fact that I will keep repeating the same mistake given the opportunity. I don't even consider that a massive problem as I can choose to use or not. If I choose to use I will use till it's gone. If I don't no difference. There's certainly no physical or mental symptoms I relate to GBL use. Not longterm. Short-term yes, longterm no.

If you are still using GBL I would attribute your symptoms largely to that. If you have been quit longtime then probably not and would look elsewhere. That's but me personally of course.

Thanks Shambles. I've never blamed it for any sickness before but I've never gone more than a month or two without over the past few years.

A couple months isn't too very long in the grand scheme I'd suggest. Give it a while to settle. If problems persist it may be a genuine problem. As it stands I'd suggest it more likely to be rebound anxiety combined with the relatively minor actual physical effects of GBL abuse. I guess these things are all relative but I know how badly I abused the stuff and if I got no nasty outcome from that you'd have to be pretty frikkin bad to be in the "concerned" area.

What was your use like and how long has it been since you quit?

Physically my symptoms aren't consistent or directly related to G.

I'm getting it checked out tomorrow and its not a big deal or anything. Just been wondering on the scale of things when does the G need to stop.

Last edited:
When it needs to stop is ultimately your decision, s0laris. I would suggest that if dosing is becoming daily - and then multiple times daily - it may well be time to seriously consider quitting. That is for you to decide though... in hindsight I would've quit around that stage though. As far as I can see it's not until you're dosing 24/7 that serious problems arise with GBL. That's not to say there may not be problems that arise before that time but if you are before that time and consider yourself to have a problem it may well be time to take a step back and reconsider your "relationship" with that substance.

I got off relatively lightly by all accounts despite 24/7 dosing... I kinda doubt my experience is universal. Even more so when I take into account the jiggery-pokery I had to use to stay on the level. It's a fiddly bizniz is GBL. Personally I think it is possible to get by using it with extreme caution... but I further believe that virtually none of us actually have that level of caution and will be fukked over at some point even if we think we're being clever and avoiding the worst of it. I've had glimpses of true geebee w/d and it ain't a thing I'd want to go into deeply.

If you think it needs to stop then it does would be my opinion. Or at the very least take a good long break. It's not so very bad you can't ever go near it again but if you keep at it it can become that way it would seem. Avoid that.

I'd gone 6 years. Last year has been tough personally and with relationships. I know why I started to use more than before.

I'm on my own now so no more relationship problems. I've reached the point where things have settled personally, I'm in a much better position now. I'm left now knowing what the next step is if I start using more instead of less. So at the very least I just need to watch I don't start using more or quit if I want to go all healthy and clean living. I have a job so as long as I continue to hold that down I'm safe there as in not slipping into 24/7 use. I've been tempted but I'd never take drugs at work.

Looking back and trying to be brutally honest with myself I'm not sure how much it may have affected me but maybe I was in denial? G's so benign!

Last edited:
Nah. It ain't benign by any stretch. It ain't the Devil though either. Somewhere in between at best. As long as you can avoid 24/7 dosing you're not in any real trouble that I can imagine. Avoid that and you avoid major problems.

I posted this in the GBL topic but this topic is more appropriate.

Does anyone here know much about GABA withdrawal? I used to do GBL quite heavily a few years ago and was often binge drinking too. I've found if I drink alcohol now I often get pretty tense for a while afterwards. Is it the case that my previous usage of GABAergic substances makes me extremely susceptible to alcohol withdrawal? It would be pretty shit if abusing GBL means I can never drink for the rest of my life.