• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

The first Meth binge

Syzygial

Greenlighter
As a hypothetical question, let's assume that I am on day 5 of a Methamphetamine binge. I have not slept during this time but I have laid down and tried to rest a couple of times. I go outside for a walk around town for sometime between 45 minutes to an hour each day. I have been drinking roughly a gallon (probably slightly less) of water per day (making sure to not drink soft drinks during this time) and my urine is mostly clear, only slightly off color. During this binge, I eat practically nothing. I can only stomach a few strawberries or an apple any given day, and even that upsets my stomach. To combat this, I take a few multivitamins that provide essential vitamins I am missing out on from food. After insufflation, I rinse my nose, and after each time it is smoked, I wash my mouth out or brush my teeth. When IV, I make sure to clean the area with rubbing alcohol and put a gauze pad over it to sterilize.

My question is this, aside from not taking the drug at all, and understanding that sleep deprivation can lead to forms of psychosis, is there anything I can do during this binge (there are still drugs left) to minimize negative effects more than I am already doing? Thank you.

Better be hitting the shower AT LEAST twice a day. It's just barely starting to get hot and I'm already needing two, minimum, or I feel gross. Especially past 72 hours for me.

Better be hitting the shower AT LEAST twice a day. It's just barely starting to get hot and I'm already needing two, minimum, or I feel gross. Especially past 72 hours for me.

Yes I have noticed that amphetamines cause me to sweat a lot more, and feel oily. I am showering once a day (in the morning) but yesterday I needed two because I went out and mowed my lawn. Man, I haven't felt that gross in my entire life.

Also I feel like I should state, this is not the first time meth has been used, obviously. I've done the drug numerous times, but usually when I take the drug I just wake up normally, do meth all day, and then go to sleep the next day maybe a little later than I would normally stay up, but that's just two days and one night; hardly a binge. I don't consider that a binge, anyway.

Anyway, yeah. Thank you for your replies so far and thank you for any future replies.

Meth makes my body have a different smell. showers more often are required... I am happy to say that i no longer use and i fill so much better...

If everyone out there that used meth, used i guess responsibly, there would be healthier meth addicts out there today....

If everyone out there that used meth, used i guess responsibly, there would be healthier meth addicts out there today....

I try to be as responsible with it as can be, considering what it is. Proper hydration, exercise, hygiene and taking vitamins coupled with trying to eat. I know the drug isn't good for you, but I'm not at a point in my life that I'm ready to quit yet.

I've tried to lay down and rest, and occasionally I'll sit/lay with my eyes closed for a bit, relaxing, but sleep isn't an option if you're redoing every few hours... and despite that, I'm not even remotely tired or hungry while high. I just know that I have to at least try to rest/relax a bit or try to eat even if it upsets my stomach.

On that note, I did find something I can eat finally: Yogurt. I have eaten 4 tings of yogurt and half a banana today; more than I've eaten in the past two days combined. Good stuff.

I'm at a point in the binge where I could let myself come down now, and finally go to sleep, but I still have 2.25g of the stuff left.

I think that if you are pointing out that this would be a good stopping point you should listen to yourself.
Take some magnesium and a shower and just relax until you can eat something substantial then take a little nap.

You will wake up within 6-8 hours. Your body/mind won't let you ignore that dope any longer lol.

I did the last shot of a ball I got Saturday morning. Slept for 8 hours at I guess the halfway mark i think. Close to it. Got some food and vitamins and water in me and felt great. Lots of supplements. They really do make a huge difference.

How are you using it anyways?

I got the meth Friday night but I was tired so I went to sleep. In my half sleeping zombie state in the morning on Saturday, I did a big shot. Better than coffee, that's for sure. I do a shot in the morning of each day of the binge, and snort/smoke it throughout the day. I have been mixing it with water too because it feels more mellow and gives better clarity because my head doesn't sit on a swivel like when I shoot. I am going to go shower and try to eat something. Getting quite tired now. I will probably save the rest for Friday Evening and binge all weekend.

I've never used meth but you have to force yourself to eat, stay hydrated, and stop using meth so you can sleep. Stay safe.

So I'm awake now. Little update on how I feel.

I am sober, obviously. Just took a shower and I feel fine. Everyone said there is a hard comedown or crash after using for a few days but I think with staying hydrated, walking around, trying to eat and taking multivitamins, there wasn't any really true negative effect except I had some weird diarrhea this morning and also my throat hurts a little. Nothing compared to sore throat from a cold or flu though....

Although I did sleep for like 11 hours.

Still have 2.25g left. Not craving it yet, so Ill probably save it until Friday or Saturday.

Although I will say I am more conscious of how my garage (where I did the stuff) smells upon walking out here. Everything smells like a mix between rock salt and ammonia. My clothes smell this way too.... I've also noticed my hands are a little shaky... So I guess there were a few unwanted wide effects from the comedown. I guess I'll see as it goes along.

Yeah I feel pretty fucking groovy upon waking up. Thought I would have slept a little longer but I feel good after 7 hours. I mean I've heard that "catching up" on sleep isn't really how it works anyways.

Supplements definently made it more enjoyable and decreased a lot of negatives. A lot.
I did realize that my circulation isn't the greatest so just another reason for me to start up a regular exercise again.

To bad there's nothing that would remove cravings. I was already planning like the next 2-3 times I'll use which is worrisome because I really can't afford to do it more than 3 times a month. So just need to make sure my use doesn't get out of hand.

I am gonna get some for this weekend though because I'm going out of town to my aunts for the holiday weekend. She lives way out in the country, having lived in a major city my entire life, it's still kind of a novelty. I think a gram will suffice as I don't want to over do it amongst family.

Still zoning out a lot and rambling, clearly.
Time for breakfast and then smoking.

The lack of sleep doesn't just lead to psychosis. You're seriously harming your body and brain screwing up your circadian rhythms to that extent.

As for food, eat meal replacement shakes with the same frequency as you would meals, at roughly the same times every day. They're really easy to make in a blender with all kinds of healthful foods/fruit in them and you only have to drink them. Also a variety of antioxidants would help preserve at least a few of your remaining brain cells.

The rules, etc. for the site state that this forum is for harm reduction, and where someone can go to post messages without ridicule. Stating "preserve at least a few of your remaining brain cells" seems to be counterintuitive of this. Perhaps it isn't meant to come off as rude, but it certainly seemed that way. And from a forum moderator no less....

Regardless, I have taken much more precaution in maintaining my health while on Meth than the average semi-regular meth user would, I think. I drink plenty of water, force myself to TRY and eat, take multivitamins and supplements to aid in the lack of food consumption and get out for a walk as a means of light exercise.

I hadn't thought about meal replacement shakes, but this is certainly a good idea. I will remember this for the next time I am up for 48 hours and don't eat. I should also note that I don't ONLY drink water while high. I also drink juice. I am not stupid, and I know that the chemicals in the drug, and the drug itself, are bad for me. Unfortunately, I am at a point in my life that I am not ready to let it go entirely. Perhaps I will be ready to quit, but for now... well, this is the beat option for my mentality, ironically.

As an additional note: I only regularly use meth for a 48 hour period or so every month. Sometimes 2 months before I use, and that is hardly the action of an addict.