• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

RCs The Ethylphenidate (Ethyl phenyl(piperidin-2-yl)acetate) Megathread V3

Yep,those of you who say this is a good time to stop are right,but I'm scared to.:(I like life better with a bit of energy in it instead of struggle.Oh bugger.Why did I ever start this,you stupid girl.But thank you for your very kind help and words,yeah,my son is a great guy,one in a billion million!!(And yes I know he would not be happy if he ever found out,he thinks its week and foolish people who end up addicts to whatever,and he is right!)I'm just researching my shortlist,and have found somewhere that does you 3 different things for a very reasonable price so I'm thinking of trying 3FPM,MPA and MXP but I recon I'm just opening another can of worms.I dunno what to do:!eek!
I became dependent on it but I cannot say it ruined my life. There is something benign with eph because at least in my case it did not really burn me out physically only mentally. It seems less driving less jittery than other stimulants. And I always got the bill instantly : I usually felt worse than before when it wore off, so it was not deceiving for me.

I wouldn't try other RC stimulants because they might be more effective at burning you out. Amphetamine like substances are cross tolerant so would just go further down the same path if you find something better.

The hardest I would go stimulant wise when quitting eph would be caffeine, yerba mate, modafinil. When quitting after abusing it I had the typical depression that lasts a few weeks max so that is reversible.

Ethylphenidate ended up causing emptiness for me and temporary depression. It was also weak for me and had a much stronger crash. Oral and insufflated ethylphenidate were both crap.
Subtle effect and not so subtle comedown, its complete crap. Ritalin pills were better because they worked at least for a bit.
2-FA was pretty good because of a medium duration and good drive, better than 2FMA because who wants to stay up all night?
Im at a point where I threw away my stims and Im probably going more nootropic again. I hope semax is great.

Last edited:
I wish I was strong enough to do without.I sort of wish I had never had the idea of trying RC's,but the other part of me says I have had the best year in a long time.I wish I could be content with 'nothing' but when I look back and read my diary I'm like 'God it is so much easier to get up and cook a meal/clean up etc now' and believe me it is.I actually do think it has made me a better person in the last year...

I hear and believe you and don't think you're wrong. If you think it made you a better person then you may be right. Nevertheless, consider this possibility: You tried this stuff because you were looking to fill a void and it succeeded. Don't beat yourself up for that. In some sense, even the most hard-core addict has a real unsatisfied need at the core of their use. The problem is only if the habit is unsustainable (financially, emotionally, physically, etc) and will finally cause more harm than good. I think with the regular high dosages that you are taking, this could be inevitable, but that's just my hunch. Only you can take an honest look at yourself and decide whether it is still going in a good direction or not.

I would just echo others and say that you should stay away from other RC stimulants. Who knows, they may grab an even bigger hold of you that you regret even more so. (And for sure stay away from MXP - you mentioned it for some reason - which is a dissociative.)

Here's a tough thought that I grapple with myself: Maybe the drugs you have taken have brought out a side of you that has a hard time coming out without them. However, now that you recognize this part of yourself, maybe you can bring it with you into your sober living as well. Easier said than done of course, but something to think about.

i was very dependant on eph and then benzo to sleep, but honestly it's really quite easy to give it up.. because the positive side effects of getting off it after a week are wonderful, your heart/chest/body feels so much healthier...

I have only ever experienced ethylphenidate via the consumption of Ritalin and alcohol, and therefore was already experiencing considerable loss of motor-skill and reduced social inhibition on account of the booze prior to the ingestion of methylphenidate. I used the Ritalin to pep me up and/or shag all night/ and or be the last man standing/ and or drive home "safely" after a big night out.

So I never consumed specific amounts of ethylphenidate. Although I consumed specific amounts of methylphenidate (usually between 40mg and 80mg, snorted), the amount of ethanol in my bloodstream would have always been slightly different when I took the Ritalin.

My question is this: when the compound ethylphenidate is taken on its own, IE it hasn't been "created" by consuming booze then Ritalin, is the feeling different on account of the absence of the soporific effects of alcohol?

Or is ethylphenidate, taken by itself, soporific in nature too?

More specifically, which is better? Consuming alcohol and then Ritalin to create ethylphenidate in the bloodstream, or taking ethylphenidate on its own, leaving alcohol completely out of the equation? I know this is a subjective question, but I am curious to hear what people think...thanks :)

Last edited:
To me,ethylphenidate`s effects feel different compared methlyphenidate(Ritalin)+booze. Like Ritalin,ethylphenidate is a stimulant so you won`t be getting sleepy on it. I`m not 100% sure but I think ethylphenidate is 1/3 less potent compared to Ritalin. I don`t feel as motivated when I take ethylphenidate or as stimulated as when I take Ritalin. Ethylphenidate alone does not cause problems with motor skills. Booze taken with Ritalin will cause loss of fine motor skill but that`s from the alcohol.

I absolutely hate ethylphenidate, but in a weird kinda way I really miss the jitterish mess it put me in.

is ethyl phen a good pain killer? like, ur so high u feel no pain?

Unfortunately yes (it is really dangerous, because after the exp. you will feel double the amount of pain). Every stimulant is (for me).

is ethyl phen a good pain killer? like, ur so high u feel no pain?

For the longest time I would have said in no way does it dull pain.
That was until a few months ago.
I was in my cellar working on a wood project when I hit my thumb with a hammer. At the time I didn't think much of it but later on I noticed how badly I hurt my hand. I was bleeding pretty bad and my nail was partly torn off. Pretty gross.

I have only ever experienced ethylphenidate via the consumption of Ritalin and alcohol, and therefore was already experiencing considerable loss of motor-skill and reduced social inhibition on account of the booze prior to the ingestion of methylphenidate. I used the Ritalin to pep me up and/or shag all night/ and or be the last man standing/ and or drive home "safely" after a big night out.

So I never consumed specific amounts of ethylphenidate. Although I consumed specific amounts of methylphenidate (usually between 40mg and 80mg, snorted), the amount of ethanol in my bloodstream would have always been slightly different when I took the Ritalin.

My question is this: when the compound ethylphenidate is taken on its own, IE it hasn't been "created" by consuming booze then Ritalin, is the feeling different on account of the absence of the soporific effects of alcohol?

Or is ethylphenidate, taken by itself, soporific in nature too?

More specifically, which is better? Consuming alcohol and then Ritalin to create ethylphenidate in the bloodstream, or taking ethylphenidate on its own, leaving alcohol completely out of the equation? I know this is a subjective question, but I am curious to hear what people think...thanks :)
Only l-methylphenidate is metabolized into d-ethylphenidate while drinking, and it does so in mostly insignificant quantities. The combination of methylphenidate and alcohol is "different" because of its effect to elevate serum d-methylphenidate.

As a total stim noob I have learned the hard way how ridiculously tolerance can build to this stuff and how quickly the bad starts to outweigh the good. I have been taking once or twice per week for functional purposes.

When I started, 10mg nasally would do the trick with a great motivation and mood boost to go along with it. Quickly this turned into 20mg. Eventually I realized I needed to switch to oral dosing to keep it functional, for which I needed about 40mg oral to get any useful effect. This soon turned into 50mg, and finally 50mg twice per day. More recently 60mg x 2.

I appreciate that these doses are small compared to most recreational uses, but even so, it's unsustainable for a few reasons:

1) Even when using only two days per week, tolerance keeps increasing, and so I need to keep pushing up the dose.

2) While it's still stimulating, there is no longer a mood & motivation boost (or if there is, it is *very* short lived, like 20 minutes!). In fact, I'm starting to notice some dysphoria. Previously it was all good.

3) There is a crash of serious lethargy (and sometimes irritability) on the following days. I can hardly call my use functional if I'm ruining my function on some days in trade for the others.

4) In spite of all this (or maybe because of the lethargic aftermath), I'm often tempted to do more, rather than less. D'oh.

Anyway, I know I'm not saying anything that anyone doesn't already know (in fact, that I had read about before I began). Just thought I'd share my naive experience.

Only l-methylphenidate is metabolized into d-ethylphenidate while drinking, and it does so in mostly insignificant quantities. The combination of methylphenidate and alcohol is "different" because of its effect to elevate serum d-methylphenidate.

Cool. Thanks InterestingFACT. That was the type of answer I was looking for :)

Hi,

Usually I react in a good way to stimulant but yesterday I took 50mg orally of what should have be ethylphenidate. I felt a mild stimulation but now I feel like I was poisoned since 24 hours soon. I think I will feel good again in few hours but don't understand what happened.

I just took 50mg of 3-MMC as an allergy test the day before and was baseline when I ingested EPH. During my experience with EPH felt very hot and don't understand if it was cause of drug or because the guy under my flat set the heater at full power.

As a total stim noob I have learned the hard way how ridiculously tolerance can build to this stuff and how quickly the bad starts to outweigh the good. I have been taking once or twice per week for functional purposes.

When I started, 10mg nasally would do the trick with a great motivation and mood boost to go along with it. Quickly this turned into 20mg. Eventually I realized I needed to switch to oral dosing to keep it functional, for which I needed about 40mg oral to get any useful effect. This soon turned into 50mg, and finally 50mg twice per day. More recently 60mg x 2.

I appreciate that these doses are small compared to most recreational uses, but even so, it's unsustainable for a few reasons:

1) Even when using only two days per week, tolerance keeps increasing, and so I need to keep pushing up the dose.

2) While it's still stimulating, there is no longer a mood & motivation boost (or if there is, it is *very* short lived, like 20 minutes!). In fact, I'm starting to notice some dysphoria. Previously it was all good.

3) There is a crash of serious lethargy (and sometimes irritability) on the following days. I can hardly call my use functional if I'm ruining my function on some days in trade for the others.

4) In spite of all this (or maybe because of the lethargic aftermath), I'm often tempted to do more, rather than less. D'oh.

Anyway, I know I'm not saying anything that anyone doesn't already know (in fact, that I had read about before I began). Just thought I'd share my naive experience.

I'll give you strong advice that you stop using EPH (and all amphetamine-type drugs) right now, before it destroys you. Your physical reaction doesn't sound as bad as mine, but persisting with a drug based on the mentality that "it's meant to help people with my problems (therefore it will help me, somehow, eventually)" is an extremely dangerous way of thinking; you've already essentially taken the first step down the road of psychological addiction, and the longer this goes on, the worse it's going to get, as you start chasing dwindling benefits that were never really there to begin with, all while physical dependance insidiously creeps up on you. The ultimate irony here is that by being convinced that you need a drug you turn it into a self-fulfilling prophecy.

The most unfortunate and regrettable thing about this is that it's a pattern of thinking that's all-too-often propagated by doctors, who will Rx a patient a drug that's either ineffective or wrongly dosed, asserting that it MUST work, and dismissing patients' complaints when they say that it doesn't or produces unpleasant side-effects. In my experience, most doctors need to be a lot more receptive to their patients' grievances about the things they have to put in their bodies every day.

I'll give you strong advice that you stop using EPH (and all amphetamine-type drugs) right now, before it destroys you. Your physical reaction doesn't sound as bad as mine, but persisting with a drug based on the mentality that "it's meant to help people with my problems (therefore it will help me, somehow, eventually)" is an extremely dangerous way of thinking; you've already essentially taken the first step down the road of psychological addiction, and the longer this goes on, the worse it's going to get, as you start chasing dwindling benefits that were never really there to begin with, all while physical dependance insidiously creeps up on you. The ultimate irony here is that by being convinced that you need a drug you turn it into a self-fulfilling prophecy.

^^
Yup.

Stimulant addiction is an insidious little bastard, with few downsides relative to benzo/opioids. Physically the biggest impact is the minor fucking starvation and depriving oneself of time for rest and neural growth... no biggie.
Psychologically they destroy every sap of dignity, motivation, functionality and identity - all the while convincing you that you're fine.

<3

Yeah, I would think ethylphen could be a pretty abusable stim. When I tried it (I think I got like 10grams) I thought it was the most euphoric stim I ever tried and I don't normally like stims (I am prescribed 5x30mgs of adderall IR a day and hate taking it even though it does help with ADD/ADHD which I have- and no I know that is a high dose and don't just jam 150mgs down my neck when I take it :) if I did that would explain the negative sides) but found ethylphen to have more of the dopamine effects and less of the body stim effects than any other stim I've ever tried (and have tried dexedrine, methylphen, amphetamine, cocaine, etc.) and was very very euphoric for a stim at least IV. I didn't order more and this was like a year and a half ago but could easily see it becoming a big problem for someone really into stims.

I have heard it has a better dopamine to noradrenaline ratio of at least any common stim- I wonder if this is true?

^^
Yup.

Stimulant addiction is an insidious little bastard, with few downsides relative to benzo/opioids. Physically the biggest impact is the minor fucking starvation and depriving oneself of time for rest and neural growth... no biggie.
Psychologically they destroy every sap of dignity, motivation, functionality and identity - all the while convincing you that you're fine.

<3

I disagree...really I think stimulants are the opposite of insidious (and by "stimulants" I'm mostly referring to methamphetamine here, as that's the one I have the most experience with by far). You lose weight, don't sleep and by a few days you look like a piece of crap. :( A lot of people can tell when you're tweaked...they might not know it's from drugs but they know you look pretty fucked up. Whereas with opiates...you can maintain that for a good bit without people catching on...

As far as the physical addiction goes...well yeah it's not on the same level as a physical addiction to benzodiazepines, or even opiate withdrawal...but they're definitely more addictive than benzodiazepines, and unlike opiates meth is toxic for your body, so it's definitely not great on those levels

One thing I will say for stimulants is that they're definitely a cheaper habit compared to opiates.

I've noticed, and usually stim addictions are coke around here as meth is not real common on the streets (new england) unless they are getting RX stims or RCs (and I'm just assuming the RC part- no one I know like in person (well maybe 1 other person heard of them) knew anything about RCs), stimulant addictions seem more of a binge type addiction. Get money, spend it all on coke, money goes quick, they think WTF? after and the same thing happens again a few days or week later. As opposed to heroin (the BIG popular drug here) or other opioids which is a slowly building habit (1/2 gram might last people a couple days or at least a day at first and I'm guessing purity, as much as we've heard about it increasing, is probably only like 20% (think: I know plenty of people including myself who can shoot 1/2 gram at once and if it was 50% that would be 250mgs of diamorphine; definitely not impossible but I doubt it would be as common as it is)) where people need it everyday.

Hi mates i am new so sorry if I do something wrong and sorry about my grammar too i am not native english speaker :) SWIM want tell you experience with EPH.

sex-male
age-22
weight- 80 kg or maybe 160 in lbs i am not sure in my country we dont use lbs
SWIM drug experiences- few times meth dont good for me too long duration and bad hangover cocaine used relatively often in 17-19 years old on parties 2-3 per month opoids medium-high experiences with tramadol codeine dihydrocodeine hydromorphone, high experiences with anabolic steroids benzodiazepines daily using 2-3 mg alprazolam cause emotional unstable disorder impuslive type combined with mild anxiety and sometimes depressive mood i was on lot of benzos alparazolam is best choice for me about 5 years of using benzo
SWIM physical condition everything is ok every 3 months i go to check to my doctor for blood analysis (basic things like liver enzymes kidneys etc..)
Daily used meds: Fluoxetin 20 mg alprazolam 2-3 mg

Now SWIM experience with EPH
SWIM got 1g of EPH powder was interested because its legal short acting which can help me to do things which i dont like when i am depressed mood especially in winter season maybe afectiv season disorder in summer when is lot of sun and light i dont have this problem or its very light. SWIM put 75 mg of EPH to pharma grade scale (accuracy 0,001g) Then made two similar lines and insufflated the powder not together first line and the second after 20 minutes. Now i will try it by timeline and more exactly. :)
T+00:00- line burnt in SWIM nose like hell but it lasted only 10 seconds after 1-2 mins completly dissapeared
T+00:10- feeling some effect like strong good cafe with little bit mood lift and SWIM need to smoke some cigarette
T+00:20- very pleasant mild euphoria with pleasant body warm feeling decided to snort another line
T+00:35 -huge wave of stimulation i turn the music on it sounds really great bass going through all my body very nice i started cleaning all the house but i was really wierd o run to room to room and on every room i did something another :D but in my head that have logic :D
T+1:30 -euphoria is away but still pretty stimulated and weird but pleasant jittery at this time SWIM decided to drink some coffee and smoke 3 ciggaretes in row
T+1:50- coffee and nicotine now looks like a big mistake now SWIM got anxious pretty nervous got i was sweating like in sauna and got unpleasant tremor to all my body taken 1,5 of xanax and some beta blocator and in 20 minutes it was relative fine i decided to not redose today.

NEXT DAY- SWIM wake up after 6-7 hours of light sleep i was very pretty surprised no hangover no comedown only sweaty palms and cold feet decided to take EPH again now lower dosage 60 mg splitted to 30 and 30mg lines and take with 1,25 bisoprolol

T+00:10-
pretty pleasant morning start a got motivated to day got some light breakfast eat multivitamin omega 3 acids and vitamin C made a morning routine shower was very pleasant
T+00:30- another line insufflated and drink light coffee there is big craving for nicotine but previous experience shut it down fast SWIM decided wait with nicotine
T+00:45- nice mood lift not euphoria in all way just saw world in positive way SWIM was much more friendly to others and talkative no jaw tension and other stimulant negatives tremor or tachycardia was killed by bisopropol i think still no nicotine
T+01:30- still nice stimulation and good mood SWIM decided drink energy drink with tyrosine and finally got some cigarettes but only one it had pleasant effect to high
T+02:30- mood going back to baseline but still takative and friendly seems to start wearing off
T+04:30-effects slightly worn off nothing like hard comedown little bit tired and want to be alone to watch some movies/serials and chill out only little bit neck and back pain

SWIM thinks is good RC would like to try isopropylphenidate later... SWIM like this stimulant cause of short time of half life (hated long duration for example afterglow of meth when euphoria stimulation was far away but still restless and just need to move) SWIM rating is 7/10 only because it looks like this RC builds tolerance quickly but if SWIM will be in depressive mood or tired/lethargic definitely use this SWIM thinks this is not much party drug cause it could be very anxious and redose for partying must pretty often SWIM think. Thanks for reading :)

sorry if you are missing more information about drip nassal pain SWIM think it is not important cause insufflation of any substance is unpleasant some more painful some less but in result nose only little bit swollen still normal relative comfort breathing through the nose no blood sneezing no pain only dry nostril its cause snorting of anything in past does not made SWIM problems with nose and after insufflation SWIM cleaned nostril by snorting pure water from tea spoon and used some herbal based oil for irritated nose

Last edited: