• Welcome Guest

Forum Guidelines Bluelight Rules
    Fun 💃 Threads Overdosed? Click
    D R U G   C U L T U R E

The Drugs and Music Mega Thread

Machismo music for stimulants

(I searched, but no other topic really seems to cover this nuance. Mods, merge as necessary.)

I'm normally a chilled out, mild-mannered guy who doesn't like being an asshole, but whenever I take stimulants (mainly Ritalin), I like to indulge in an ego-boosting, stronger than life, badass motherfucker feeling. Does anyone else do this? What music do you listen to in order to give yourself that "badass motherfucker" feeling?

These are two of my favorites:

Stronger, by Kanye West
This song is perfect for that purpose. The Nietzsche quote that Kanye repeats throughout the song makes for an untouchable, on-top of the world power-rush.

I'm Shipping Up to Boston, by the Dropkick Murphys
Makes you feel like the alpha-male of a Boston pub.

Let's add some more.

Arctic Monkeys
The Strokes
She Wants Revenge
Tokyo Police Club

Here's a mix I made with the intent of rolling to later this week.

1. Squarepusher - Planetarium
2. Klaxons - Forgotten Works
3. Amon Tobin - Rhino Jockey
4. Daft Punk - Da Funk
5. Aphrodite - Chinois
6. Infected Mushroom - Frog Machine
7. The Herbaliser - More Tea, More Beer
8. The Shamen - Boss Drum
9. Kid Koala - Roboshuffle
10. Wagon Christ - Musical Box
11. Younger Brother - Ribbon on a Branch
12. Klute - Totem
13. Primal Scream - Loaded (I HAVE to listen to this song when I'm rolling ;=D )
14. The Shapeshifters - Back to Basics

I had a lot of fun making that mix.

some of my favorite artists in general now...

Spoon (opiates and weed work fantastically here)
Man Man (perfect for when you're nodding; I'm scared to listen to them tripping)
Primal Scream (I can listen to these guys in any state of consciousness, but MDMA or opiates synergize the best)
Radiohead (weed)
The Beatles (anything)
Andrew Bird (benzos, alcohol)
Daedelus (tripping)
Spiritualized (nodding, tripping, rolling, stoned, wired...is there a state of mind this band can't harmonize perfectly with? <3)
Squarepusher (amphetamines, MDMA, some really good bud)
Akron/Family (psychedelics fo sho)
The Herbaliser (uhm pot works well here. so do opiates and MDMA)
The Slip (bud, a little bit of alcohol)
The Dismemberment Plan (amphetamines, dissociatives)

I could go on and on...

Last edited:
..musical drugs?

couldn't think of a good name for this post so i apologise for that.

right most drugs are associated with a certain type of music, E goes hand in hand with all the crazy ravy stuff, weed is reggae, speed is drum n bass etc etc

Now what kind of music d'you guys think would be most suited to some of the harder drugs? like heroin, meth, crack that kinda hoohah?

edit - didn't realise this wasn't OD material, sorry mods umm close/delete/move or whatever you guys gotta do...:(

Last edited:
Newbierock said:
couldn't think of a good name for this post so i apologise for that.

right most drugs are associated with a certain type of music, E goes hand in hand with all the crazy ravy stuff, weed is reggae, speed is drum n bass etc etc

Now what kind of music d'you guys think would be most suited to some of the harder drugs? like heroin, meth, crack that kinda hoohah?

when im smoking crack i like silence

as for opiates anything you like really

grateful dead goes just as good with opiates as it does with psychedelics because it is so mellow.

than again i may be biased because i LOVE the grateful dead.

Hmmm opiates need something relaxing and slowwww. Like Fiona Apple - Across The Universe. Thats a good morphine song.

When I've been at the speed I like absolutely anything and everything that people put on. Honestly anything.

Lets see...jesus where to start

Top of the list:
Mother-fucking Buckethead - I havent quit listening to this guy for 4 years ever since I saw Praxis. If you love your lsd this group (bill laswell, brain, bucket, bernie worrell, and dj disk) will have you spinng. THE most rediculous shit ever divised. Its not music being played...its harmonic structures being built/created from the fucking soul!

IMO praxis is the top...there is no limit with these guys....I swear if anyone of you ever gets the chance to see them...please fucking go...It WILL change your life.

Other shit that I listen to:

STSfuckingnine
Tom Jenkingson (aka squarepusher)
Amon Tobin
Arron Funk (aka venetian snares)
Luke Vibert (aka wagonchrist)
dj's qbert, disk, mixmaster mike, krush
(by the way qbert is the best dmc in the world...this guy one the world championships 8 (irc) years in a row...and then they made him retire to give others a chance haha)
Tool (of course)
Pink Floyd (favorite)
Dredg
The Disco biscuits
The Bridge
A bit of Les Claypool
Parlament Funkadelic (yall feelin' it;) )

Thats about all i listen to...I like a shitton of other music but I just get bored really fast listening to it. The groups above are what really gets me going...its a different world on lsd. This is the shit that is made by people on acid specifically for people on acid to understand/enjoy....I mean shit squarepusher hes a fucking pusher of square peices? (not now of course...or is he;) )

Also, if anyone here is into Bill Laswell's other projects try out Tabla Beat Science... theyre amazing

I listen to the same music no matter the drug I'm on. The two in rotation right now are Phish, and Cage kennylz. I get stuck listening to something over and over again untill I here something better, but occasionally go back and listen to shit I used to like. Here's a little list of music I appreciate.

Phish
Cage
The Dead
Floyd
Primus/Claypool
Pantera
The Doors
The Beatles
Hendrix
Robin Trower
Zeppelin
Zappa
Talking heads

ehh I can't think right now I'll update later.

^ Cage "Shoot Frank" (remix) is the best song to listen to while on DXM. Put that shit on winamp, put on milkdrop 2.0, and kiss your fuckin ass goodbye! :D

Stoner Anthems!

Legalize it - Tosh
Hits From the Bong - Cypress Hill
Smoke 2 Joints - Sublime

Add yours now! muct have explitict references to smokeing da reefa.=D