• Philosophy and Spirituality
    Welcome Guest
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Threads of Note Socialize
  • P&S Moderators: Xorkoth | Madness

⫸STICKY⫷ The Delphic Oracle- Know Thyself: P&S Social Ampitheatre of Doom

OMG...IS THAT YOU?that is so fucking funny!
"Like a sex machine,stay on the scene."....love it!

i have to run but i hope to hear the story behind your name and that awesome dude who loves fire and pissing and destroying trees.I am chick but not you usual kind...loved the vid,added it to my favs.

......................crash

Bonjour, ninjadanslarbretabar....como se va?...lol-told you my french was rusty,but it was quite...fair to decent back in the day.

so how are you?

huxleyorwe.gif

Holy moly Dan, that's awesome.

Wow I'm way too stoned to make a real comment. Goddammit.

garden of Eden quiz...

are we better off now than we were in Eden pre eating the fruit ?

like why would we fuck it, (cuz it was flawed from the start ?)
there is no point in fucking it up unless discovery is more important than stability

garden of Eden quiz...

are we better off now than we were in Eden pre eating the fruit ?

like why would we fuck it, (cuz it was flawed from the start ?)
there is no point in fucking it up unless discovery is more important than stability

If we didn't seek discovery, we'd never know if we were missing out on something even greater. That's enough motivation for me.

discovery is more important than stability

if we were to be oblivious sheep, we'd be no different than a cow going "wtf moo". think about that... god wants us to be cows going "wtf moo"

when you discover more and more, stability is bound to decrease (given preset conditions of traditionalists and religionists comprising a majority of the population). but eventually, stability (and happiness) will be re-achieved by the very same drive for discovery.

it's a hiccup. we started like any other creature, totally in tune with nature but not able to reason. we gained reason, and the information shuffling itself is leading to our cerebral (not genetic) evolution, an increase in complexity. during this hiccup of "humanity growing up" there are lots of problems, but i think we'll find out balance and we'll find our place.

enough people need to realize that our species is important. that as a species we have capabilities we couldn't even dream of individually. eventually, our species will ascend :)

it's a hiccup. we started like any other creature, totally in tune with nature but not able to reason. we gained reason, and the information shuffling itself is leading to our cerebral (not genetic) evolution, an increase in complexity. during this hiccup of "humanity growing up" there are lots of problems, but i think we'll find out balance and we'll find our place.

enough people need to realize that our species is important. that as a species we have capabilities we couldn't even dream of individually. eventually, our species will ascend :)

Humanity is in an adolescent phase at the moment. Think about the ramifications of this: what we choose to do RIGHT NOW will shape the future of this species in innumerable ways. The only thing we can do is make every choice as positive as possible.

^ I too, am absolutely fascinated to know just how much victory our species, or any other on planet Earth, will ultimately achieve over chaos, a.k.a. Vishnu the destroyer, a.k.a. Eris, Discordia.

do you guys think that dogs (can) have likes/dislikes? pet-peeves? hehe pun unintended

do you guys think that dogs (can) have likes/dislikes? pet-peeves? hehe pun unintended

Absolutely! My dog used to LOVE chicken, but was not fond of liver. She loved swimming in the ocean or the canaals, but hated the swimming pool.

what i was really pondering was the whole pet's pet-peeves. i mean of course dogs can like things like: mine <3's peanut butter and he <3's his favorite ball. preferences are common i suppose. but can like, something that i do or say repulse/annoy him(e.g. every time my dog will just go to sleep or close his eyes and me or my mom will go awww caus he looks so cute when he sleeps; he'll open his eyes and i noticed he looked pissed every time that our "aws" woke him up(we do this to him often). so... pets having pet-peeves possible?

and i picked up on a theory suggested by king of the hill, say u(the dogs owner) have strong unconcious feelings towards another person, ur dog will pick up on them and share them towards that person. kinda an oepidal theory here - umm shortly after i read some of sigmund freud's works, every once in a while, when my dog rests his paw on my mom, he rests one on her genital area. he has been doing this like every day when we eat dinner on the couch. my mom doesnt bother moving his paw and pretends not to notice, or just doesnt. does my dog do this because he is sensing some unconscious incestual feelings that i may have for my mom, as the oedipal complex suggests all boys have, or am i just making all this up in my head?

^of course dogs/cats have pet peeves. why's that even a question? and about the last part, yeah you're making it up in your head
^ I too, am absolutely fascinated to know just how much victory our species, or any other on planet Earth, will ultimately achieve over chaos, a.k.a. Vishnu the destroyer, a.k.a. Eris, Discordia.
the ultimate question. my bet is on movement of our "soul entities" (whatever they are) to another spacetime brane

its a question because i was pondering how deep an animal's mind goes the other day. do they have egos? thought? if they do, since they can't use words, would they think in barks? lol

Last edited:
imo it's the best way to see the difference between the soul and the normal computational elements of the bio-brain. and basically how our mind works and evolved

evolving from an ameoba, to a lobster, to a human (i know it isn't a straight line but it works for my point) it's pretty amazing when you think about how we've picked up actual new ways of percieving qualia along the way (when we gained sight, for example, it was probably based on our sense of touch; a mutation allows a touch-sensor to activate upon light and the mutation also has it end up all over the face. result: creature has new information about surroundings. but it's still touch. as evolution made it more and more "fine resolution" and it diverged, eventually a whole new form of qualia appears

since there are different "forms" of qualia, which are quite distinct (representing sound as information and representing other senses as information... if it's just information shuffling, there would be no difference between the senses in terms of how red is different from loud... however, it could just be emotional coloring at the core? )

i'm sort of just putting thoughts down and posting without re reading so i'll get back to this thread later