• Philosophy and Spirituality
    Welcome Guest
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Threads of Note Socialize
  • P&S Moderators: Xorkoth | Madness

⫸STICKY⫷ The Delphic Oracle- Know Thyself: P&S Social Ampitheatre of Doom

i think he is a better orator than he is a writer

Im not a fan of speeches...no matter how expertly they play it...

The written word is a lot more...developed...It requires more forethought and commitment in terms of word choice (at least in theory)...

And I like to look at it...learning styles and all I guess...

wait, since when MDAO diapered as a mod ??

edit : he was the best, this is sad, thanks for all your time spent in here mdao, good job well done

^Agreed. He is still around though he gets to check in entirely by inclination and interest now. He gave years of great service plus wonderful writings for which I'm always eager for more.

Aww you guys... I'm blushing. I love you too, ninja and Enki.

I'm still around. You'll mostly find me lurking ADD, TR, and DitM these days. I basically just wanted the freedom to dabble in P&S, rather than being actively involved in all discussions here. My mind is too tied up with medicine these days to have much energy for heavy philosophical matters.

...from Rorschach's journal:

Heard joke once: Man goes to doctor. Says he's depressed. Says life seems harsh and cruel. Says he feels all alone in a threatening world where what lies ahead is vague and uncertain. Doctor says "Treatment is simple. Great clown Pagliacci is in town tonight. Go and see him. That should pick you up." Man bursts into tears. Says "But Doctor... I am Pagliacci."

Happy Birthday Jamshyd

T minus two hours in my time zone til Jamshyd's Birthday. The main celebration is in the lounge. Try not to break stuff in the coarse of the celebration and remember Jammy is not going to have time to get a thorough Birthday spanking or Birthday bumps as Brit's tend to do. Some folks will likely need rainchecks. Happy Happy little brother. :) <3

Edit: The lounge thread is kind of emphasizing your tendency to be a wonderful connoisseur of visual delights and carnal pleasures which is a good thing. If your birthday thread were in P&S we might focus on your fine mind and some other fabulous traits but I think carnal pleasures makes for good B-day threads. <3

Last edited by a moderator:
I keep it coarse up in hur. :p
Have a good one again, Jammy-- may your compatriots be both eminently tap-able and willing.

ebola

ʎɐqə ɟɟo pɹɐoqʎəʞ ɐ ʎnq ɹəʌə ʇuop

A weekend's pondering

When it comes to consciousness/awareness, I offer the following for pondering...

"He was the light of the world, and the world knew Him not".

unseen forces?
ignoring the obvious??

Kaiser SoZa?!?

not acknowledging ones role in life...
Suppose that "what one really is" is awareness, or consciousness, or (to put it another way) -- the activity of one's brain. Thought/perception.

Have you, or could you, ever come into contact with me, or I with you?

Are there contact-able "other awarenesses" ?

Paradox is acceptable (and in fact unavoidable) in this realm, IMV -- "I am the only being in the universe, and so are you".

Peace...

I'm going to merge this into P&S social also known as the parlour room, as it seems pleasant light bantor and its a sneaky way for me to bump 'parlour' without having to think anything up :)

I'm going to merge this into P&S social also known as the parlour room, as it seems pleasant light bantor and its a sneaky way for me to bump 'parlour' without having to think anything up :)
As inconceivably heavy-duty as it is light as a feather, perhaps ;).

would you want to know how you were going to die, if you had the choice to?

i would,,, so's that i could maybe do something to make it a bit more Kush-y, if possible.
;-P

As one who seeks feeling through music, I've always felt drawn to E, in particular E minor. A, in either major or minor, also seems to spur me on.

Maybe I should learn to play guitar? :) So far I sing and play drums (djembe + bongos).

Edit: Just spent ab hour and a half listening to various djembe clips on YouTube. Some people got mad skills! Like this dude.

Also, lots of players seem to have good technique, but tend to jump around between rhythms randomly without so much as a fill. Perhaps I should upload some clips of myself and show 'em up :) [/ego]

Last edited:
So yesterday I found out that I've been "outed" - not in the usual sense of the term, but with regards to my having Asperger Syndrome (link, for the Google-impaired).

See, I've spent a lot of my recent life with the intention of not telling anyone about it, such that I don't receive any special treatment. Like a lot of people who are labeled with mental disorders, diseases or disabilities, I don't want to be seen as different. I don't want people to stretch their boundaries for me just because I have a label attached to my identity. What I want is for people to see me for who I am / who I'm trying to be, and if they then choose to give me space to act a bit eccentric, then so be it. Basically, I want to have genuine interactions with people, rather than having them interact through some "safety net" of acceptable conversations, activities or behaviours.

Now, I found out yesterday that someone had outed me to a friend of mine at work, not a week after I started there (this was years ago, now). Fortunately my friend is the kind of person who doesn't let labels sway them. However, all of today I couldn't help but wonder who else knows, and who's being real with me.

I often wonder about things like that, as AS is characterised by being deficient in picking up social cues, facial expressions and other such indirect "subtleties" that go unmentioned in a typical interaction. Of course, I've gotten pretty good at it in recent years, and really, should trust myself to pick up on these things, as I have a pretty reliable success rate these days[1].

Anyway, I became quite upset at the fact that this was now something out of my control - a facet of my own life, subtly affecting the interactions I have on a day-to-day basis, which now operates primarily on the whim of others. All the effort I'd put in to building this life I'd crafted for myself was wasted effort.

It wasn't until later that I realised a few things that calmed me.

Firstly, the realisation that this is always going to happen. Of course there's going to be things in my life I can't control. That's part of living.

Next, I remembered that my friend had not acted in any avoidant way, or demonstrated any prejudice toward me on the basis of knowing about my AS. The same would be true of any person I want to associate with. So, no great loss there - the people who would "act fake" around me aren't the people I'd normally befriend.

Then finally, I realised that were somebody to give special treatment to me in whatever situation, and they pulled it off without me noticing, then I would be none the wiser, and wouldn't care at all. So, if I were to notice, why should I change my tune based on the fact that this person is a terrible actor? The differentiation would be one entirely in my head - and any emotional pain something I had created for myself - thus the best course of action is to not consider it insulting, but to simply accept that some people will do this, and others won't.

This has been... a rather enlightening day for me :)

Later, I sat at the piano and played with a few melodies. Some stuff came out quite dark, others uplifting in places. I'd never put a lot of thought into it, but it turns out that I can, in fact, write music (ie. not solely percussion).

I think I'm finally ready to sleep tonight.

Peace, light & love to all.
- Raw

[1] Perhaps I'm the one who needs to treat myself as "real", and stop labelling myself? Who was it that said that everything we hate about other people is first something we hate about ourselves?