News The DEA Is Making It Impossible for Many to Get Addiction Meds

thegreenhand

Administrator
Staff member

The DEA Is Making It Impossible for Many to Get Addiction Meds​

Manisha Krishnan
Vice
15 Dec 2021

Martin Njoku never imagined his decision to dispense buprenorphine—a medication used to treat opioid addiction—would be the death knell to his career as a pharmacist.

But that’s exactly what he said happened after the Drug Enforcement Administration issued him an immediate suspension order in August 2019, after showing up for a surprise inspection the year before.

The order, issued on the grounds of an “imminent danger to public health or safety,” meant that Njoku could no longer fill prescriptions for controlled substances. Despite having two judges rule in his favor, with one saying the DEA “has not pointed to a single instance of violation of the law,” Njoku said he had to shut down both of his West Virginia pharmacies because he lost lucrative contracts from insurance companies.

Read the full story here.

Well, this is in West Virginia? Opioid pill crisis central? hmm

Driving around my city I still see tons of suboxone ads all over

They don't specify though, was he scripting pure bupe? or bupe + nalaxone? I guess there is a difference.

Well, this is in West Virginia? Opioid pill crisis central? hmm
it’s always been a war on poor people. but now it’s Appalachia instead of the inner cities

Driving around my city I still see tons of suboxone ads all over
same here

They don't specify though, was he scripting pure bupe? or bupe + nalaxone? I guess there is a difference.
True, there is a difference. The message from the dea is still the same though. And keep in mind as a pharmacist he was only dispensing the bupre, not writing scripts for it

Dispensing bupe is literally not a crime what the fuck is this shit?

The DEA should be completely disbanded they are actual criminals

Dispensing bupe is literally not a crime what the fuck is this shit?
Residents of surrounding counties had to use Martin Njoku’s stores because of flooding in their home counties… the dea used interdiction on the results of a natural disaster

The DEA should be completely disbanded they are actual criminals
They serve their own interests and no one else’s