• ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️
    Forum Rules Film Chit-Chat
    Recently Watched Best Documentaries
    ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️
  • Film & TV Moderators: ghostfreak

Television The Daily Show w/Jon Stewart

PassMeTheVicks

Bluelighter
DOes anyone else feel the things he says are way too fast and most of the jokes require some degree of thinking and association to current events that you end up not completely getting it?

When he makes comments, theyre obviously THERE. But the news exerpts, too fast!

I think hes real funny and all, and understand the show couldnt be dummy oriented, but it could allow some more thinking time. When I usually end up undertsanding and laughing at the previous joke, hes already on something else.

I agree this show is too fast - more time should be spent being put into getting the joke across properly and not being to fit as much of the crap in the show they can.

Haha... I think this show couldn't be any better. The entire show keeps my laughing my ass off. I believe that the Daily Show and South Park are the most intelligent shows on tv at this time.

Clearly not ALL South Park episodes have social and political commentary, but in the past two season a majority of them have.

DOes anyone else feel the things he says are way too fast and most of the jokes require some degree of thinking and association to current events that you end up not completely getting it?

If the Daily Show is a Ford Pinto, Dennis Miller is a Ferarri.

Me, I'm glad it's paced how it is. But I'm generally up on world events.

love the daily show.
i think it's paced just fine, if the jokes were thrown at you slower, i don't think it would be quite as amusing.

Timing is everything in comedy, and if you leave too much space in between jokes the cumulative effect isn't quite as funny. Plus, I've never thought the references were obscure, even back when I didn't really follow politics very closely.

my only complaint with the daily show is the last half. usually it's some clueless hollywood star plugging a movie. occasionally the interviews are worthwhile. the recent interview he did with the author of the connection was brilliant and the most hard-hitting i've ever seen stewart.

but i could do without the fluff pieces. i'd rather have more funny "news."

I miss Craig Kilborne. I'm fucking sick of Jon's mannerisms and recurring jokes. Seems like the show has gotten alot shorter in the past few years, too.

talking about short shows, chappelles shows episodes are like 10-12minutes EACH episode

how pathetic...

^^^^yeah hes turning into a fucking money whore. hes always complaining about how comedy central doesnt want to pay him more, and i think its gotten alot less funny.

daily show: i love it, john stewart is hilarious, and i always laugh. its actually how i get alot of my news updates too.....:\

Have you ever looked at the back of a 20 dollar bill?

Have you ever looked at the back of a 20 dollar bill.......ON WEED?

i LOVE jon stewart....most everything he talks about is news current of that day or the previous few days...if you just read up on whatever msn had on their news page, you'd pretty much get it, i'd think...

i love his style of delivery, and i really want to molest him ;)

Do you feel The Daily Show is brainwashing...

Is it to brainwash young people to become liberal? The juvenille humor, which I personally love, the rock music when it starts etc..

But isn't Fox just appealing to what they already are and brainwashing them to stay that way? You see my point? But to brainwash the young, well, fuck it, I guess liberalism is right anyways.